Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 03, 2011 01:12PM

For info, a lot of the very informative and insightful 'Prophetic Charisma' is available to read online here:

[books.google.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 03, 2011 04:56PM

Thank you very much for your thoughfulness in passing on the link, Stoic....Hmmm....yes I CAN see the "attraction" now, in this little work!

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:48PM

There has been a remarkable turn-around on Dave's part since the "disintegration" of the Jesus Christians. I use that word because Dave has yet to use it. He has used a few other words like disbanded, re-grouped, certain changes, graduation, "greater show of unity".......

While the "greater united group" made a decision that Dave shouldn't look at the "hate" sites any more, Dave, alone at the helm of the thing he loved more than his disciples, the internet site world-wide presence, has become consumed.

He dedicates his time to reading and responding to his detractors.

They have won. Or rather, Dave's obsession with challenging any opposition has won.

There are no more teachings

There are no more words of wisdom

There is no great Apostle preaching the Word that he spent his whole life trying to spread

There is only an old man with a wife (see below) and a laptop, and an Australian Government Pension.

Dave has chosen to spend his time chasing after hate rather than spreading the Word.

I hope that the rest of the mob are now free and out on their own paths, following the highest ideals which Jesus spoke about, not the rantings and ego of Dave McKay.

....................................................................................................................................................

Oh, and about Cherry? Well, if the sock-puppet isn't Dave, then it must be Cherry. Does this qualify as a Double Sock Puppet? Do I get a prize?

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 03, 2011 06:07PM

Apollo
Can someone please tell me more about the incident which took place at Deakin University where Dave sexually harassed a child over how often he masturbated?

It's been posted on the JCs site and is the first time i've heard of such an incident.

After some investigation it appears McKay confronted a young child outside a University and questioned him about masturbation. At this stage it is unknown exactly what was said but it was serious enough for the child to report the incident to his father. His father then confronted McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') over the matter.

This is how an ex member briefly explains the incident...

''His initial statement about there being no force involved in the molestation of children was a *stupid* statement. ... It beggars belief that he can make such comments and then feel offended that he is being challenged on them. But this is that part of Dave that always rankled me and I am sure others. Those who worked closely with him would have been aware of the times they occurred. An example being one time in Deakin when he said something about masturbation to a child, which resulted in an irate father turning up.''

And here's McKay's famous tactic of lie, deny & deflect...

''This one has caught me totally off guard. Something about me asking some child at Deakin university (I did not even know that children were allowed to attend university) how often he masturbated. I don't recall doing this at all.''

More to follow..

Date: January 03, 2011 06:11PM

And you are still awake?

Date: January 03, 2011 06:14PM

You are completely up the wrong tree on this Apollo. You are obsessed with trying to find sexual crimes, or anything you can throw at Dave.

The incident had nothing to do with sex, I have read about it before. And you can do the same if you do your homework before you come out with stuff like this.

Read the archives before you come out with any more of your tripe.

There are many things which we have issue with regarding Dave McKay, but sexual offences is not one of them. I am wondering if you are a reporter for a tabloid newspaper?

You are a muck-raker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 06:16PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 03, 2011 06:22PM

I am here to uncover the truth. I respond to the eye witness account's of former JCs victims/followers. Hopefully the information i provide will be of help to any potential victims/followers in the future.

Blackhat, why are you here?

Date: January 03, 2011 06:27PM

Why are you here?

And please learn the use of the apostrophe, particularly if you hope for a career in journalism.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 06:30PM by Blackhat.

Date: January 03, 2011 06:31PM

You still haven't slept. Where are you? I think you might be in Australia. That makes sense with the timing of the postings....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 06:32PM by Blackhat.

Date: January 03, 2011 06:36PM

There has been a remarkable turn-around on Dave's part since the "disintegration" of the Jesus Christians. I use that word because Dave has yet to use it. He has used a few other words like disbanded, re-grouped, certain changes, graduation, "greater show of unity".......

While the "greater united group" made a decision that Dave shouldn't look at the "hate" sites any more, Dave, alone at the helm of the thing he loved more than his disciples, the internet site world-wide presence, has become consumed.

He dedicates his time to reading and responding to his detractors.

They have won. Or rather, Dave's obsession with challenging any opposition has won.

There are no more teachings

There are no more words of wisdom

There is no great Apostle preaching the Word that he spent his whole life trying to spread

There is only an old man with a wife (see below) and a laptop, and an Australian Government Pension.

Dave has chosen to spend his time chasing after hate rather than spreading the Word.

I hope that the rest of the mob are now free and out on their own paths, following the highest ideals which Jesus spoke about, not the rantings and ego of Dave McKay.

....................................................................................................................................................

Oh, and about Cherry? Well, if the sock-puppet isn't Dave, then it must be Cherry. Does this qualify as a Double Sock Puppet? Do I get a prize?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.