Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:07PM

'Maybe he can be viewed as yet another victim of the COG?'

Responsible adults are answerable for their actions, their subsequent behaviour, regardless of the twisted thoughts and convoluted reasoning that prompted the decisions that led to that behaviour.

The J man again, who really did know how to turn a phrase:

Matthew 7, Lk. 6.43, 44

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 08:20PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 21, 2010 08:18PM

A question, Blackhat.
Does the exposure that you have had to the reading material which has had such a disturbing effect on you prompt you to immediately begin to copy the COG set-up, to the extent of wholesale borrowing from the dynamic, texts and doctrines?
Why do you think such a similar exposure to such disturbing material had such a different effect on Davejc?

My personal opinion is that he saw an opportunity (them dreams of glory, again) where you see only depravity.

Ravening wolves in sheeps clothing and all that. (or frogs and scorpions)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 08:22PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:20PM

I'm sorry, I actually don't understand your question.

Date: December 21, 2010 08:32PM

What I am explicitly saying is that, judging by his 'fruits,' his subsequent behaviour, the only thing anyone can be judged on since thought processes are essentially private, Davejc has no effective internal moral compass.

Date: December 21, 2010 08:42PM

The ability to think effectively for oneself involves the making of accurate distinctions, like knowing the difference between a grape or a thorn, a fig or a thistle. Survival in the wild depends on such accurate distinctions.

Survival in the marketplace depends on knowing the difference between fruit good for consumption and rotten stuff, already discarded by others, fished from a rubbish bin.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:50PM

Still can't make any sense of it, Stoic.

I did catch this phrase:

Davejc has no effective internal moral compass.

Now I have just read Kevin's testimony, where he said:

I recall a family Bible study when reading a passage from one of Paul's epistles that mentioned how one should not eat with adulterers, and Dave explained that on this basis the COG would no longer stay at our house.

This quote to me tells me that Dave did indeed have an internal moral compass.

The later "subsequent fruits" are the subject of over 500 pages on this forum, and many of the fruits are not pretty........

But I still don't understand what you're getting at. Can you have another go at re-phrasing it?

Date: December 21, 2010 09:01PM

I am just wondering how Davejc internally rationalises his refusal to no longer eat with adult adulterers (although he stashes and makes use of their doctrine and texts,) with his enthusiastic embrace and decades long, spirited defence of the coercive method of employing the 'unfair emotional advantage that an adult has over a child'

I think any internal moral compass that Davejc has is skewed to only point in the direction that Davejc wants to go and that direction is one that only ever benefits Davejc.

Date: December 21, 2010 09:05PM

Davejc could make no headway at getting his own way (whatever that was) with the adult COG's--but he did learn one thing--kids, being inexperienced and not yet fully formed, are far easier to hoodwink.

Date: December 21, 2010 09:29PM

The stand-out phrase for me in the xJC article was this:

'Dave has argued that parents have had a whole childhood in which to influence their son or daughter's thinking and if they have failed in this regard he is entitled to compete as an influence.'

which says it all, really, about a predator justifying his predation on children.

Reminds me of $cientology's declaration of 'fair game', ------open season for predators, with no holds barred.

And Davejc's sense of entitlement, to prey freely on the vulnerable, on such open display there.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 21, 2010 09:31PM

If anyone would like to see how a lynch mob operates they only need to visit the JCs forum. There you will find literally hundreds of examples with Dave, his little lapdog Casey, his pitbull Denise and many others participating. Sheila Johnson was attacked by this lynch mob over a 4-5 year period. Some of the attacks could be classed as bullying and some of the attacks could be classed as criminal behaviour. It was stated as fact on the JCs forum that this woman was an accomplice in an attempted murder which was a complete fabrication. No such charges were ever brought against Sheila Johnson. These are the sort of attacks this woman has had to suffer at the hands of this lynch mob over a number of years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.