Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:08PM

'What does it take two years to work out?'

Speculation:

"My, they have a neat set-up here. Unearned income for the head honcho and unlimited access to the 'totty' (whichever 'totty,' sexual or otherwise, happens to fire you up.)

Could I take over this outfit?

If not, do I want to be a second-stringer under the head honcho?

Being a narcissist, I don't see second-stringing to anyone at all in my future.

Therefore I will pick up as many tips as I can regarding how the set-up works, stash any written works in my secret stash for later perusal, then quietly defect and set up my own organisation along these same, very effective lines.

I could be the next David Berg, or even Billy Graham.

Oh, don't those dreams of glory keep me warm at night, after my bin-raided supper, in my camper-van?"

In summary, I think Davejc is very calculating, but not really too intelligent--I make a distinction between the two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:15PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:24PM

Uh ha! I think you might have something there! I like the references to Billy Graham and David Berg. Makes sense....

Oh, don't those dreams of glory keep me warm at night, after my bin-raided supper, in my camper-van?

Well I can hear a song coming on with those lyrics.....might be a hit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:27PM by Blackhat.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:25PM

Blackhat
I have also had reports that he really used to upset ex COG members as he basically downplayed reports of sexual activity and paedophilia in the COG as he said (if the reports were true) there would have been more charges arising.

I can't confirm this, but will endeavour to do so shortly......

Yep that sounds about right Blackhat..

Dave McKay wrote:

I have to inform you that "heinous paedophilic crimes" were not the standard faire in the Children of God

Dave McKay wrote:

in the many swoops on Children of God colonies many years later (when children were taken away by the busloads to be examined by psychologists), there were relatively few arrests for paedophilia.

Dave McKay wrote:

I may be wrong, but I would venture to say that the rate of paedophilia was not much higher than that amongst Catholic priests.

...sweep sweep.

Date: December 18, 2010 09:30PM

I have also had reports that he really used to upset ex COG members as he basically downplayed reports of sexual activity and paedophilia in the COG as he said (if the reports were true) there would have been more charges arising.

I am still awaiting confirmation of this report....

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:35PM

'I may be wrong, but I would venture to say that the rate of paedophilia was not much higher than that amongst Catholic priests.'

Now there's an eye-opening recommendation for the COG.

"Join us, our paedophilia rates are not much higher than that amongst catholic priests, and look how long they've been getting away with it!"

Just a thought, how many heinous paedophilic crimes does it take to make such behaviour standard fare in the COG?
1, 10, 20? Where exactly does one draw the line at what is an acceptable number of heinous paedophilic crimes?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:42PM by Stoic.

Date: December 18, 2010 09:41PM

Stoic
Now there's an eye-opening recommendation for the COG.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-))))))))))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:44PM by Apollo.

Date: December 18, 2010 09:44PM

1 to the power of minus 2?

Date: December 18, 2010 09:46PM

Stoic
Just a thought, how many heinous paedophilic crimes does it take to make such behaviour standard fare in the COG?
1, 10, 20? Where exactly does one draw the line at what is an acceptable number of heinous paedophilic crimes?

It seems Dave will do whatever it takes to protect the name of his beloved Children of God, even lying to extremes.

Date: December 18, 2010 09:48PM

It would be interesting to find out if McKay classes ''Moses'' David Berg as a paedophile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:48PM by Apollo.

Date: December 18, 2010 09:51PM

Regarding the age of members debate... Robin was only 15 when he joined and they seemed to have forgotten Rachel who was only 11 or 12. That was the girl McKay adopted and who the "McKay Family" seem to want white washed from their history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:51PM by Apollo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.