Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 01, 2010 10:21AM

No comment from me, bro.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 01, 2010 10:49AM

The cult could still be out there on our streets for all we know. People like Alex may well still be viewed as 'potentials'.

- Apollo

Dear Apollo,

The "litmus" test for me would be whether or not the former members continued to recruit FOR McKay (his ideas...his materials...his address)....you would know then where their hearts and minds lay....I personally continued to consider the "JesusChristian" universe to BE the actual state of world affairs for several years afterwards (I was only "temporarily out" due to the unfortunate "tiffs" I kept on having with McKay and the leadership, you see!).....it took time to "re-set" the mental paradigms....hence I imagine that they are immediately running, pretty much as usual,

... I would suspect that the rest of them have largely remained "intact" in some part of the world, just in a location to which McKay has definitely been made to NOT feel welcome..... Kenya does come to mind, as they DID have the property there...Robin and Christine, clearly running a fairly competent operation.....

.....and I agree that "tract distribution" was easily the most unpopular form of witnessing, that they engaged in, among the rank and file....

I hope and pray that they will be able to "out grow" him, now that they are no longer subject to him. There is a lot of "good" that they are actually, no doubt, quite capable of.......

I too, don't understand why Glenn is being "punished".....he posted (fairly innocuously, as far as I could see) on the xjc site, while the JC site was not operating....Glenn would though, have definitely been "punished" were he to have made any comments in support of those who have apparently walked out on McKay (a drama that would have been played out behind the scenes....)...McKay being as psychotically vindictive, as he is....

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 01, 2010 03:58PM

Dave blaming Glenn.

Here's an alternative hypothesis, based on what I know of cult dynamics:
Davejc has the cult mindset himself--he was an ambitious member of Children of God and has demonstrated since what he learned then.

One of the major pillars holding up his fragile view of the world is that his way has to be the only right way--he is loathe to admit a mistake and apologise as that would to him show to have human weakness just like the rest of us, completely ordinary.
To remain an extraordinary person in his own mind he needs a scapegoat, someone to take the blame for those things he cannot control or admit to. Scapegoats are a vital part of the dynamic, YouTube Nuisance is too vague and unknown to serve, so, sorry Glenn, its any port in a storm.

Davejc's 'reaching out' to band together against the common enemy was more to find a new pool of substitute scapegoat material than anything else--that's all the recruits are ever for, to carry the leaders projected human weaknesses. Scheme as he might, he is never going to be more than human and weak like the rest of us.

When the designated scapegoat rebels and there is no handy substitute, leader melt-down often follows.

I do hope there are no volunteers for the vacant position.

Posted by: Styxxx ()
Date: December 01, 2010 04:06PM

McKay is rather pathetically reaching out to people almost begging them to get involved in an autopsy of his defunct cult.

I checked out his tragedy, once known as a forum, and found ONLY the Bitter Texas Rattler slithering around and the sad sad man who once was King of 25.

To be left alone with each other is brutal cruel and unusual punishment for even those two. Denise must be overcome with pleasure to have him all to herself-for weeks she has been like a dog marking her territory-I'm sure Dave is left dampened in more ways that one. I have a vision of McKay cursing the beast he has created and now must pretend to be interested in. Save what face is left and create some false screen names to look like the multitudes are lining up, hoping to be accepted into the Cult of 2. Even Cherry McKay has not spoken so perhaps she hasn't met with approval herself yet. Good on ya, Cherry. You don't need the Terrible Twins.

Rumor has it, Dave even has issued "Potential Packages" cd's, booklets, comics, to Sir Chirps Alot and Captain Bonkers who promptly lined their cages with a copy of Survivors and added their own "droppings" to McKay's written diarrhea.

Video to follow.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 01, 2010 04:50PM

Scapegoating. (though budgies might suffice in a pinch, those two above are demonstrating an appropriate response to 'Survivors')

I'm not up to much as a biblical scholar but I'm thinking of Samson losing his power when his hair--the signifier of his power--was cut, and there was an old purification ritual of heaping the community sins on a goat and turning it loose in the desert.

'The Book of Leviticus describes a "scapegoat" which must be ritually expelled from the flocks of the Israelite tribes as part of a sacrificial ritual of cleansing. In line with traditional Christian theology, Hunt believed that the scapegoat was a prototype for the redemptive sacrifice of Jesus, and that the goat represented that aspect of the Messiah described in Isaiah as a "suffering servant" of God.'

The above is from a wiki page on a famous Holman Hunt painting. The painting is great, Hunts stated motives for painting it, the conversion of Jews, not so much, IMO

The_Scapegoat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 04:53PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 01, 2010 06:34PM

Denise said in her belatedly posted message on the JC (or is that the XJC?) Forum:

You know, if I were you, I'd just just chuck this whole forum into one locked bin called "garbage heap" and start over

Strangely, after all that has been said, I couldn't agree more....

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 01, 2010 06:57PM

Oh dear, so Dave (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') claims Denise is 'mentally ill' and Denise refers to Dave's beloved forum as a 'garbage heap'. These are worrying times for this once blooming relationship.

There may be troubllllllllllllllllllllllllle ahead..

Date: December 01, 2010 08:38PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Perhaps...I'm simply being alarmist...if the former members have done no more than disassociate themselves from him....and say go off and run a communal "development" project of their own in Kenya...well, all the best to them. They will no doubt be as hostile as ever, for some time to come...however I suspect that without McKay misdirecting them, they would gradually "normalize".....

...I was only concerned as it was difficult to fathom how McKay could "lose contact" with his wife Cherry, daughter Christine, son-in-law Robin and long term (approx 40 years!) disciple Ross....who are all obviously refusing to even communicate with him....

The influx of "bogus identities" on the JC site, is a presume an "attack" of some nature on its' credibility...it appears to start from the early "200's" (hence there would be something like 150 of these now...!) and have become particularly prominent since the middle of November just passed....is there a connection with the "break up" of the JCs I wonder...

McKay clearly doesn't have a clue how to manage the site as the numbers of stated "registered users" are all over the place..."248"..."331"..."349"...and the display panel doesn't exceed page "9"....as capacity hasn't been "extended".....

Dearest Malcolm,

Dave McKay (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') wrote:
''One report is that the Jesus Christians have "disbanded". Some have chosen to use that term to describe what has happened. They are free to do so. However, I prefer to see it as a kind of "graduation". Cherry and I have been given responsibility for this web site, and we are still endeavouring to find the best way to deal with that responsibility. Others have taken charge of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best.''

This suggests that all is well with Dave and his consort. It would be nice if Kevin was at least informed that his sister and brother-in-law are safe and well.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 01, 2010 09:07PM

Dearest Malcolm,

''One report is that the Jesus Christians have "disbanded". Some have chosen to use that term to describe what has happened. They are free to do so. However, I prefer to see it as a kind of "graduation". Cherry and I have been given responsibility for this web site, and we are still endeavouring to find the best way to deal with that responsibility. Others have taken charge of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best.''

Wow Apollo! "Dearest Malcolm"? So familiar in so short a time?

all is well with Dave and his consort

Wow Apollo! You have rapidly acquired in so short a space of time the unique way of referring to Cherry, used by only one member of this forum. One could wonder about your adoptive phrases here?

It would be nice if Kevin was at least informed that his sister and brother-in-law are safe and well.
Wow Apollo! You really are a fabulous student. It was only a couple of months ago that you stumbled upon the JC Forum, and now within a couple of months you seem to have feelings for people I took years to even find out about! Do you have an accelerated empathy and knowledge score in your profile?

Date: December 01, 2010 09:46PM

Blackhat

Dearest Malcolm,

Wow Apollo! "Dearest Malcolm"? So familiar in so short a time?

It was just a kind, lighthearted way of addressing Malcolm, there's no big issue is there????

Blackhat

all is well with Dave and his consort

Wow Apollo! You have rapidly acquired in so short a space of time the unique way of referring to Cherry, used by only one member of this forum. One could wonder about your adoptive phrases here?

The word 'consort' has been a hot topic of discussion of late. We've heard both sides of the the argument. I happen to feel it's an appropriate way to describe Cherry and i shall continue to do so.

Blackhat

It would be nice if Kevin was at least informed that his sister and brother-in-law are safe and well.
Wow Apollo! You really are a fabulous student. It was only a couple of months ago that you stumbled upon the JC Forum, and now within a couple of months you seem to have feelings for people I took years to even find out about! Do you have an accelerated empathy and knowledge score in your profile?

I was replying to a post which mentioned Dave's daughter and son-in-law. It doesn't take a genius to work out they're also Kevin's sister and brother-in-law. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 09:49PM by Apollo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.