Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:15PM

On second thoughts, I remove this posting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 06:30PM by Blackhat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:43PM

Dave continues with his fantasy about Sisi (according to Dave having a Multiple Personality Disorder) being Peter:

We recently had an experience where a woman with an apparent multiple personality disorder (and a hatred for ourselves) managed to take on the personality (via the Internet) of a young man who was intensely interested in joining our community. Everything this young man said impressed us. He was deeply interested in our teachings. He posted feverishly on our forum, and welcomed everyone who came there. He asked all the right questions, offered constructive suggestions, and responded to truths that were being put forward in each of the articles that he had read.

The only problem, of course, was that he did not exist, and that he was, in fact, just another personality in the mind of a woman who actually possessed a deep, almost satanic, hatred for what we stand for. She had been able, nevertheless, to totally sweep us off our feet through saying all the right things. Nevertheless, there seemed to be one thing missing, and it was not easy for me to put a name to it. With hindsight, I would say that it was that he/she lacked a "calling".

What I did was write to her (him) and question whether she was experiencing any inner spiritual battle going on with regard to the issues that were being discussed. She seemed incapable of understanding what it was that I was describing. Until it became clear that this new "recruit" had given a false address, and did not exist, I assumed it was just something lacking in me, that I was not able to put into words what I felt it was that he was missing. So I will try again here to describe it.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:44PM

Agur
Well zeuszor. I wish I could give you a hug and I mean that. No one should feel that way. Don't let anyone rob you of the precious gift of life as obviously you make a terminal and permanent choice over a temporary feeling or problem when you commit suicide. I wonder if Mr. McKay is aware of how bad he makes people feel? Does he care?

Now you are the second person to put such thoughts into writing, the other was a woman who said she was being driven to consider ending her life and she pointed the finger directly at Dave McKay for his abusive treatment of her on his forum. I hope this woman is alright as she vasilated back and forth between the forums sometimes loving Dave McKay and other times wishing he would never communicate with her again. Strange to give this man, this very uncharismatic miserable grouch this much power. I admit to having given him more thought than he deserves but think of it this way zeuszor, you have had the power to pull yourself out of the feelings you describe but others may not have the strength to do so or know the resources to reach out to. You might be able to help someone else who feels like you have expressed.

I'm glad you sought help and that you have come a long way. Please don't ever act of those type of feelings because people do care. Just hang on and reach out. There are all sorts of help lines with people willing to listen at all hours of the night and they can help you make it through a tough patch.

I do care and will pray for you. Talking on forums and journaling might be an option too. Art or crafts or sports can also help get you outside of yourself too.

Thank you for validating my feelings, Agur. That's also why it upsets me when somebody tells me to just try and find something "nice" to say about DM. DM is a toxic and pathologically destructive individual. There is nothing "nice" about him. What's wrong with explicitly saying so?

Feed your head, feed your head...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 06:51PM by zeuszor.

Date: October 25, 2010 09:18PM

Hmmm....

...haven't we been here before?

The anxiety David feels when he senses that he's "not in control"...then the wild assertions, irrespective of any evidence...(and he feels "reassured"?)

(David Lowe is Private Eyes, Sisi is Peter....I've forgotten the exact details of his phobia's about who Apostate and Tony, supposedly once were!)

It must be hard being a psychopath....needing to keep up the pretence of "omnipotence" both, to those you deceive....and to yourself!

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: October 26, 2010 03:05AM

Yes Malcolm, it's a very nasty vicious pattern too....trying to lie about people and then speaking as though the lies are somehow fact! Just because McKay....the McKay who had his own alter identity of Anita Foster-designed to con the media and the public into thinking he was a mother who's child had been ensnared by the Jesus Christians.....he would have carried that out too I am sure had the author Jon Ronson not busted him. He's completely unapologetic as well and offers only feeble excuses seeming to think HE is entitled to create such lies to people.

So Dave McKay projects his own sinfulness and cruelty on to others.....he, like some malicious unbalanced people, believes that because HE is willing to act like a brutal savage that all other people are capable and willing to act out the same type of behaviors. He seems unable to grasp that sane people have boundaries....much like little rose could not grasp boundaries and is herself, willing to attack and abuse people without restraint.

Zeuszor-I'm glad that you seem to be in a much better place than you once were. It sounds like you are making great strides and achieving goals you have set for yourself with your schooling and in your personal life. The old cliche "Living well is the best revenge"....could be applicable....and also "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

I have great hope that the current Jesus Christian members find freedom from McKay's oppression and they can also live well and be stronger people for what they have survived. I've said it before---no one is trying to stop them from serving God...no one is trying to tell them they need office jobs and should just be happy teaching Sunday school rather than street preeching....what seems to trouble people, is the oppression that McKay keeps his people living under....the negativity and the unhappiness....the pointless family estrangements, the grievence meetings where people were judged and convicted for petty faults or for daring to cross or question the Almighty Annointed McKay. They risked being called out by the membership and bawled out until they got back into line and if they don't they got the boot.

Can someone tell me if this ugly grievence business still takes place and how it works being the cells are so small now? Was this misery ended when they broke up into small cells or do they still practice this unkindness?

Thanks.

Date: October 26, 2010 04:53AM

As a social psychologist, it interests me to contemplate the 'tend and befriend' model of stress behavior by Taylor and colleagues, who suggest that women engage different social strategies to manage conflict/stressors as opposed to the more standard, and typically male, 'fight or flight' model. I welcome Agur's 'tend and befriend' strategy at this point.

[www.psych.ndsu.nodak.edu]

Posted by: Agur ()
Date: October 26, 2010 05:05AM

I'm answering a Private Message in public as according to the sender, many people don't understand why anyone should care (waste time as they said) about someone elses experiences within a cult. This person also questioned why some people feel they could have been hurt when they did not actually even join the cult.

My thoughts are this. I can't explain exactly why someone else feels hurt through internet communications with the cult but I witnessed first hand how hurtful and damaging the pack attacks McKay instigates are, when ones personal life is dragged into the mix, false specualtions by McKay and his little rose doppleganger (he continues to court her behind the scenes and to use her muck gathering on people) are posted as truth. It's true that I can't say I know what it's like to be in McKay's cult but it doesn't mean I can't show support to those who have suffered under the oppression of the cult. Words do hurt people and character smears and constantly trying to label someone using lies is painful.

I believe that to validate others costs us nothing and to show empathy and kindness without judgment to those who have been affected, is acting as Jesus would have us act. With love. No one says it's easy to love always and I fail frequently so I am not setting myself up to be someone who is able to follow my own advise, but I try at least to see beyond petty faults in people and see the bigger picture that if THEY feel hurt, who would I be to say they shouldn't feel that way?

It's that simple to me. Love people. Embrace rather than judge. Include rather than isolate. Support rather than riducle. Believe rather than mistrust. Comfort rather than shame. Forgive rather than condemn. Love without condition and in spite of faults.

In other words, be the exact opposite of David McKay.

Date: October 26, 2010 05:07AM

It's that simple to me. Love people. Embrace rather than judge. Include rather than isolate. Support rather than riducle. Believe rather than mistrust. Comfort rather than shame. Forgive rather than condemn. Love without condition and in spite of faults.

Tend and befriend.

Date: October 26, 2010 06:11AM

Date: October 26, 2010 02:00PM

Dear Zeuszor,

Thank you for the recent details of "who's who" in the JC's at the moment....(that gives them say, four to five at any location (Aust, England, Kenya, US...) doesn't it.....)

I must also thank sWord for the informative insight into the "inside workings" of the cult, these days....

The effort that's going into "managing" the Johnsons' on McKays' part, still makes me suspect that, under his bluster, McKay is yet nervous about Joe's loyalty to the cause (despite the robotic fashion in which Joe dutifully posts his vile bile, hatefully deriding his very own family in order to duly render worship to McKay).....McKay particularly despises those who publicly stand up to him, (as Joes' parents have done)...and of course there is very little else to occupy Davids' half witted mind, other than who most to revile, at any point of time.....but so much time is spent on this issue alone....

Has Joe managed to retain a semblance of independant rational integrity, such that David seeks to avert the risk of his departure, with a "crisis-perpetuation" strategy.....???

I just wonder, that's all.......!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 02:01PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.