Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:12PM

No, I am pretty sure that she meant that "It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously."

DM's ideas about theology and "revolution" are Kindergarten ideas. His message is, "There's a revolution for Jesus in progress. Forsake all and join us. Join us or f**k you." This message is especially appealing to the naive , idealistic, and rebellious youth.

It's as if DM fancies himself to be the "leader" of some Christian version of The Weather Underground, revolutionaries for Jesus and all that. The End Times prophet, seer, revelator, and our protection from the infidels, whom the JCs expect to gleefully slay someday.

Obviously DM has principally molded himself after David Berg. You can see many elements of the COG/Family reflected in the JCs, along with elements of the Roberts Group/Brethren and the Jesus Army. DM's influences are many.

A close inspection of DM, his character and background reveals a portrait of a warped, frustrated old man, a relic, a fossil (I'll betcha that when David farts, a little bit of dust shoots out of his butt) whose glory days are behind him, despite his best efforts to cling to past "glory." Nowadays he'd probably just as soon settle for infamy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 07:17PM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:41PM

No, I am pretty sure that she meant that "It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously.

I can relate to Grace posting that. I have been in the world she was in when she wrote that. And goodness me, Zeuszor, where were you when the Sex Pistols performed "God Save the Queen" on that boat in the Thames!?

I suggest you are a bit off-key using a posting of Grace's from the past to illustrate that point, given that she has left the JC's.

She always seemed really steady and upright in her postings to me. Her punk attitude only gave me hope, not a reason to post things using her words to suit you.

Grace is one person who was able to get the good things about the JC's for her life, and then had the intellectual fortitude to see that that was not for her. She should be commended for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 07:51PM by Blackhat.

Date: October 24, 2010 07:47PM

The only reason I brought that one out was because (as I already wrote) this was the nastiest quote that ever remember ever reading, that came from a JC other than McKay. Yes, she's out now. And not by choice, either; she was more or less forced out of the cult. She says publicly that she left on her own, but according to my source this is not the case. When the JCs all went back to London after the Kenya trip she was sent back to America, basically ditched.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 07:53PM by zeuszor.

Date: October 24, 2010 07:55PM

More cudos to her. The nastiest quote? I think some of us could do better than that. Let's see....

I can't think why you would want to post disparaging things about Grace?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 07:57PM by Blackhat.

Date: October 24, 2010 07:56PM

Yes, she basically got kicked out of the group.

Date: October 24, 2010 07:58PM

So isn't that a good thing about her?

Date: October 24, 2010 08:00PM

In this instance, I make no value judgment; I merely report the above as a matter of fact.

Date: October 24, 2010 08:06PM

You know, to my mind, if a young forthright girl with ideals in her head decides to join the Jesus Christians, then she is going to have some problems. It is no surprise that someone like Grace should be asked to leave. She is an intelligent, idealistic young woman with standards and ideals.

The wonder is that she lasted as long as she did in the Jesus Christians.

So Zeuszor, I go back to you using one of her quotes like that. I don't think it's appropriate. She was young, impressionable, and not yet expelled. I think she deserves empathy, not judgment.

Date: October 24, 2010 08:10PM

Blackhat
So Zeuszor, I go back to you using one of her quotes like that. I don't think it's appropriate. She was young, impressionable, and not yet expelled. I think she deserves empathy, not judgment.

Agreed. Thanks for sharing your opinion. But I'll still never forget that quote. That was the nastiest thing that I recall a JC ever having written to a forum.

Date: October 24, 2010 08:28PM

"It is fun spitting in the face of a world who is too busy taking themselves so seriously."

I don't see this as particularly nasty. It's just an adolescent punk thing,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.