Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: June 09, 2010 12:27PM

During his time in Broken Hill it was said that McKay was still a good friend of the Children of God, and members came to his house and stayed with his family.

Well he advertised them for years in the local newspaper and continued describing himself as a member....AND was still receiving material from them as well as faithfully holding all the "Mo letters" in a leather bound book....while I was member in Tallangatta....I'd certainly put that down as a "long term" friendship....!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 12:28PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 09, 2010 12:54PM

Today, for my own reasons, I decided against preparation of any factsheet. That is off. I worked on and finished a draft, then tonight decided not to distribute it after all.

I am even close to give up on this whole JC matter entirely. Let the XJCs do their thing and get out of it now.

I would appreciate quietly and privately working with you myself, Zeuszor (off this thread)on the "factsheet"....in order to have something with which it might be possible to publish at some stage...and at the very least have immediately available for parents who children are under threat of "ensnarement"

(This is a PERSONAL and PRIVATE matter between Zeuszor and I.....the last thing I am interested in, is the RUDENESS of any INVASIONS of our PRIVACY....hence I'd ask those so inclined to please proceed with any "personal baggage" you may have with this, to the veritable 'carousel" awaiting your deposit of "luggage" on the XJC site....)

Otherwise, yes....it is hard to squeeze a few minutes in per day....on that stupid old goat McKay...who looks more and more like the "living dead" as the days pass.....(as for the XJCs....I can say little....as they have vacated this thread (considering themselves too "good" for the likes of you and I)....I have vacated their thread....it's an arrangement that seems to "work"...!)

Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: June 09, 2010 11:24PM

blackhat
There seems to be some dissonance in trying to understand Cultic activity in terms of a Texas Showdown with a rattlesnake. It ain't like that...
cait
Just as I am not an apologist for Dave, I do not presume to speak for Kevin, however I must remark that I can see he has not asked you for any apologies Zeuszor, and can't help wondering if you aren't trying to ramp up some kind of animousity here with your wild west showdown-style challenge to "write you privately".
apostate
Those who dismiss the hurt generated by the dominant power as necessary "collateral damage" might moderate their views if they got to know those affected or who experience this loss themselves. Many Americans are beginning to realise there is nothing unpatriotic in opposing policies that diminish their ethical authority.

Why do they often stoop so low as to make fun of zeuszor for being an American, and a Texan to boot? What does national origin have to do with the validity of the points that zeuszor makes, and what does the fact that he is Texan have to do with anything? What if zeuszor was, for instance, a Puerto Rican from New York City? Would they then try and bait him by accusing him of trying to "ramp up some kind of animousity here with your switchblade gang fight challenge to "write you privately"? The bias is obvious; to these people, everything zeuszor his to share is automatically invalid, because it's zeuszor who wrote it. It's absurd, prejudicial, and just another form of the ad hominem logical fallacy. The XJC clique seems less concerned with doing something about the cult, than they are with their own individual self-interests.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 11:30PM by Oerlikon.

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:35AM

Cult of Egos, Oerlikon?
*lol*

Date: June 10, 2010 10:56AM

Dear DSM,

The "comic book" may be quite a good idea to look into....

My impression (admittedly the impression of an aging man in a non-Western culture) though is that the JC's materials are not "reaching young people" (I judge this on the apparent lack of "disciples" David is able to enslave)....the comic book is a visual medium that assist the JC's mask David's appalling lack of originality (and wider education)....however I feel as though the "market" has shifted and that (numerically successfully) cults such as the Scientologists have now diverged from the "appeal" of sacrificing your life for a "cause" and more regularly embrace (and justify) more self-centered pursuits in life.....

David would need to "dilute" the message (give over everything you own to my cronies, work voluntarily for years of your life....and I'll reasure you that you have somehow made God "happy") for him to now expand his market "appeal" in my opinion.....JC LITE?....that would require him to retrospectively repudiate a great deal of what he has already said (David would do that in a minute, if he felt he could "win" some more souls for his service, however it might "jar" with the current self justification he has impressed upon the existing body of "newsboys"....)

However, yes "counter comics" (and the distribution network....online?) would otherwise be an excellent medium to ridicule him and his self-importance....

Date: June 10, 2010 11:19AM

The importance of "fact-sheets" and "dossiers" is that they reliably establish were, and how, McKay lies......it seems for example that, he has lied to most of the current membership (I judge from their ignorance in the matter) in relation to the years he spent hocking David Berg and the COG's....this was openly acknowledged when I was a member, but obviously David has now seen fit to "reinvent" himself for the purposes of deluding most of the current "flock".....only Cherry, Christine and Ross (and possibly Roland and Ross) would be party to these facts......people who are obviously so now so personally invested in the JC empire, that would be unable to honestly question "discrepancies" in what McKay states about himself and what actually occurred...

Facts such as these, authoritively discredit McKay....

...to reduce the debate to "opinions" and "feelings" is (Satan at work in) David's own methods

of equating the "rights" of his predatory activity with the "exaggerated" impact it has on others...

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:42PM

Why do they often stoop so low as to make fun of zeuszor for being an American, and a Texan to boot? What does national origin have to do with the validity of the points that zeuszor makes, and what does the fact that he is Texan have to do with anything?

Simply because long-term followers of this thread will know that he has often reduced things to imagery related to being an ex-army Texan. I'm not going to waste time trawling through 432 pages to find these quotes, but they range from references to army tactics, to how we do things here in Texas, to walking into a bar.....and to encountering a rattlesnake.

Oh, hang on, this thread is about the Jesus Christians, not zeuszor.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 03:47PM by Blackhat.

Date: June 11, 2010 09:55AM

(Sigh...!) Yet AGAIN...we perceive the strategy of glib "false dilemma's"

...in McKay's (reworked Childen of God) propaganda.....

[www.jesuschristians.com]

While some of his wider observations may be broadly accurate, I DO NOT have to become a JesusChristian to access the "abundant life" (which anyone who cares to look further will be (covertly) led to believe....).....

...and of course the transparent manipulation...

Most people will argue, ''But then you'll be poor...what will you have then...what will you be able to do''.
Well, quite a lot actually! When we let go of the desire to control our lives and start to live by faith, then God really does give us an abundant life.

If "I" control my life it is irredeemably selfish, however if I elect to allow McKay to control my life (spending every waking minute, voluntarily selling the trash that he writes (and which would never otherwise get to press)...and trying to dupe others into spending their live doing so)...I will somehow be blessed by God with an "abundant life".....? (McKay in his demented vanity believing that only he "hears" the word of God and "acts" on it....every other individual who doesn't submit to him, clearly NOT following "God's will"!)

Yeah?....RIGHT!?!

Date: June 12, 2010 05:25PM

It seems the Jesus Christians have only just cottoned on to an exchange I had with Brian a fortnight ago.

[jesus-teachings.com]

[forum.culteducation.com]

I guess that's what happens when you shun too much, and don't keep up...

Anyone reading that whole exchange will see that I was "taking the piss", and I was actually shocked by Brian's response of suggesting the taking of number plates and reporting to "the authorities", whoever they may be.

I indicated then, as I repeat now, that his response was beyond any common sense, and that it made comedy rather than anything serious. I said at the time:

And what would you suggest I tell these "local authorities"?

And what "local authorities" would I report such a siting to?

And I concluded with the musical "Comedy Tonight" from, appropriately, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum".

I can understand the Jesus Christians being alarmed at Brian's response to my goading him, and I believe it showed a great gulf between Brian and others who are concerned about the Jesus Christians for legitimate, measured reasons.

Of course, to expect the Jesus Christians to recognise this is perhaps a little fanciful.

It is in their interest to portray everyone who has concerns as being in league with the most extreme opposition.

Such is the way of cults.

OK JC guys, read the post again, and work out whether I was in league with Brian, or taking the piss because of his absurd extremist and ridiculous response to my Aunt Sally question about seeing a car, and come back to me....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 05:28PM by Blackhat.

Date: June 12, 2010 06:14PM

Jeremy wrote:

Brian wrote:
In the event of a sighting of DM and/or his consort: if you are able to positively identify them, I would recommend recording the details of when and where they were sighted, the vehicle they were traveling in and its plate number, along with whatever other details you feel are relevant, and report the information to law enforcement and Centrelink right away. Also, I would report such a sighting here or at some other public online forum

WOW! I've just stumbled across this. This is madness, and it's even more shocking that it really is being encouraged by others like Craig and the other hate site posters.

This is an outright lie, and Jeremy you should look into your soul for the source of this outrageous lie. I don't even know why you name Craig, as it was an exchange between Brian and myself, not Craig. Other "Hate Site" posters don't support this either, and you won't find a shred of evidence to support your claim. It is outrageous and totally beyond any reason. Why do you post something like this?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.