Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: apostate ()
Date: January 11, 2008 10:08AM

Sounds like a good idea Jack. Maybe it could be titled "Christian anti-Christs", or just simply "A biography of life in a cult". Let's make it happen.

Another interesting bit of history that was worthy of a a couple of "third stage grievance" meetings (meaning the entire community had to stop and talk until a "resolution" was reached) was the time one of our community vans was crashed into as it was parked outside our house in Sydney.

A woman had come around the corner late at night, under the influence of alcohol, and crashed into our van. The resulting injuires were quite significant. She needed to have seven titanium plates surgically implanted into her shattered jaw and cheek structure due to her face slamming into the steering wheel, rendering her unconscious. As I was at home with other JC's, I rushed outside to see what had occurred and saw this woman in the car slumped over unconscious. I got her out of the car and did the neccessary first aid while an ambulance was called.

The fun began when it became apparent that the woman's insurance would not cover the costs associted with the damage done to the van. Dave wanted to take her to court to sue her for the money. The hitch in this plan was that I was the registered owner of the van, even though it was considered a community van. I expressed that I was not prepared to take a woman who had her face shattered to the degree that she had to court, citing several relevant Bible verses to support my position... funnily enough taken from one of their tracts which happened to target such particular sentiments. Dave, of course, was livid and began accusing me of using an "emotional" argument and that "the money could go to helping the poor". I told him that the community had PLENTY of money and that the woman had suffered enough by getting her face smashed in. I was basically ordered to tell this woman that she would be sued if she did not pay for our van. I stood my ground and said that there would be no way I was prepared to take her to court. This was another one of those forbidden "I don't want to" sentences which saw me on tender hooks within the group with my own expulsion being threatened.

While these "greivances" were occurring I visited the woman several times letting her know that it was a community van and that we "needed" the money, and that court may occur if we did not get it. It was as close as I was going to get to threatening her with court action as I could not bring my principles/ideals into any form of agrement with Dave's proposed action. The woman ended up giving us some money ($2,000 more than the van was worth). Dave decided to give her back $1,000, appearing benevolent and kind and a result... and we sold the written off van for another $1500 or so. Yep some pretty shrewd dealing there, and some poor people did benefit, but at what cost. A classic case of Dave justifying the means by the end. With Dave there is no concept of not breaking a bruised reed.

Some fallout from this was that no vehicles were to be registered in my name again as I proved I was not reliable to follow Dave's orders. Dave was quite upset that his court action was blocked by me.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 10:15AM by apostate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dogmother ()
Date: January 11, 2008 10:36AM

I would so love to see Dave in court being sued by someone. He has gotten away with too much for too long.

Bailif: "Defendant Dave McKay, please rise. The Superior Court is now in session. You face a jury of your peers."

Judge: "Mr. McKay, who is your defence lawyer?"

30 people stand up. Roland steps forward. "Your Honor, we are all here to defend this fine upstanding man. All accusations against him are false."

To be continued....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 10:42AM by Dogmother.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 11, 2008 10:43AM

Zeuszor:

Looking forward to someone's death and to "piss on his grave" is not something meaningful and/or helpful to say here.

Please refrain from making such statements.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 11, 2008 10:49AM

From everything I've heard and read, I think there would plenty of material for a good-sized book (not a tract or comic book-style thing).

The hard work, which is slowly occurring here, is getting the stories down on paper. Initially, there doesn't have to be the obstacle of chronology - just get your memories down. Putting things in chronological order can always come later, and it's often easier that way, anyway.

I think it's important that the emphasis of the writing comes from ex-members, but it can include other relevant stuff, such as, news items, confrontations by others, etc.

Regarding a title, from my experience it is good to have a working title, but don't get caught up or distracted by it just yet. I do think the title doesn't have to be too sensational, but something like, JESUS CHRISTIANS: A Biography Of Life In A Cult, sounds good.

But, like I said, titles are not important at this stage because the hard work of getting clear, honest testimonies is the priority. I think a book like this will appeal to anyone involved or interested in cults (no matter what the denomination).

I do like the idea of having as many ex-members contributing as possible. I also think that a book like this will have more impact if it tries to maintain some sort of balance. What I mean by this, is to also include the positive work done by the JCs. I certainly remember quite fondly a few great stories from ex-members. I think it's important to acknowledge some of the opportunities that the JCs gave some individuals. I know that certain members found their medical calling, for instance.

Just a thought, it would be good to include photographs (although not an important consideration now). Does anyone have these?

As I said on my earlier post, I would be happy to contribute in any way that I can. I am a qualified and capable editor and designer.

So, folks, get your thinking caps on! Let's nut this thing out...

Date: January 11, 2008 10:51AM

And, Rick Ross, I think if this book becomes a reality, a percentage of its sales would have to go to the RRI (Rick Ross Institute).

Date: January 11, 2008 10:53AM

Dogmother, from the sounds of it, there's a film script in it, too. LOL.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: January 11, 2008 11:32AM

This is potent stuff. What a book! Legals will be a cost, of course, unless one of our posters is/knows a silk?

I agree that if it happens, it should be balanced, giving due recognition to all the good things faithful people have done. A kind of "4 Corners" approach.....with due emphasis on the sombre and painful results??

"Faith, Folly and Fallacy - Life inside the Jesus Christians"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 11:35AM by Blackhat.

Date: January 11, 2008 11:58AM

apostate
The hitch in this plan was that I was the registered owner of the van, even though it was considered a community van.

Apostate, you suggest here that property is actually owned by the Jesus Christians, and is registered in different "trustworthy" names. Is that right? I understand the property in Kenya is in David's daughter's name. Is this how they collect benefits to the maximum, without declaring collateral for means testing for pensions and unemployment benefits? Do you have any more on this?

Please use PM to reply to relevant posters if you can't disclose on this forum.

Date: January 11, 2008 12:05PM

Exodus - funny!

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 11, 2008 01:00PM

rrmoderator
Zeuszor:

Looking forward to someone's death and to "piss on his grave" is not something meaningful and/or helpful to say here.

Please refrain from making such statements.

Everyone here, I beg your collective pardon. I went overboard with that statement. Such a statement makes me no better than DM himself, it's true.

I have stared into the abyss, and have seen his evil, have looked into his eyes, meditated on what must make him tick, and have emulated his warped ways.

The emotion, the raw anger, overtook me temporarily and in that am no better than DM. It is true; he just played me right into his hands.

God forgive me; I am disgusted with myself.

That statement says more about me than it does about DM. I am ashamed to have said it.

It is just that I find it all so depressing and enraging. I want to cry and scream out. It's the worst thing I could imagine. The worst thing I could imagine.

This DM is the deepest evil that I can conceive of.

DM is, I have realized, using me as well; he's using me and my zeal in order to further manipulate naive young minds. I have allowed him to get into my head and control me, without even being in his physical presence.

He's manipulating me from a distance and I am not even an ex-member, just some guy who met them once and left with an indelible impression marked on his soul.

DM laughing riotously when I looked him in the eyes and called him my nemesis, that memory haunts me. So disturbing to witness the man up close.

What have I done?!

I have developed an unhealthy and unbalanced preoccupation with the matter and have got to get away from it for a little while.

It is just that I cannot get away from it in my mind: if I am praying, I am thinking about the Jesus Christians. If I am eating lunch, I am thinking about the Jesus Christians. If I am taking a shower, I am thinking about the Jesus Christians. When I wake up and when I go to bed, I am thinking about the Jesus Christians.

I pray for and about them constantly, and commit the matter into the hands of The Almighty.

DM, in the end, will get what is coming to him whether we act or not.

Apostate, you are an amazingly well-adjusted and good-hearted man. Thanks for your testimony.

Your comrade in the struggle,

B

Romans 8:28

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2008 01:06PM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.