Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: November 12, 2007 10:03PM

I would agree that the JC's are very unlikely to go as far as a mass suicide or anything like that. It is more the appeal of "thrilling stunts" that are a bit dangerous, of being "radical", they are sort of like the "Jackass" of the religious/cult world.

jackass

When young members get older, when they get tired of playing games, the wise ones realise it is more important to build something for the future rather than tear things down. Really, some of the stunts can be sort of fun, and they are much more fun than book selling. But neither the stunts nor the selling build the Kingdom of Heaven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: November 12, 2007 10:13PM

sorry, that was just a parody clip, but it bore a resemblance to DM. This is the real one

jackass

Posted by: hello ()
Date: November 12, 2007 10:32PM

cultmalleus
I would agree that the JC's are very unlikely to go as far as a mass suicide or anything like that. It is more the appeal of "thrilling stunts" that are a bit dangerous, of being "radical", they are sort of like the "Jackass" of the religious/cult world.

jackass

When young members get older, when they get tired of playing games, the wise ones realise it is more important to build something for the future rather than tear things down. Really, some of the stunts can be sort of fun, and they are much more fun than book selling. But neither the stunts nor the selling build the Kingdom of Heaven.

Agreed!

Most adolescents rebel in one manner or another- we're driven by a need to establish our own identity, break free of home ties and head off to see what life has in store for us. However- when truly following a spiritual rather than religious path, life has a habit of bringing things full circle. As people mature, they often discover that much of what they had been in conflict with can actually be embraced with respect and understanding.

Dave is angry and very immature- I haven't spoken about why- as I really hoped to speak to Dave about it personally- but I believe I know why he's like this. I'd be interested in people's feedback when I broach the subject.

All round commendations....
Date: November 12, 2007 11:12PM

While I appreciate the point you have made Zeusor, I must concur with BlackHat, David's PUBLIC (Satan knows what he says in private!!) misrepresentation of scripture is just so patently, nothing more than a rueful attempt at deliberate self aggrandizement (..well okay...alright!... yes it's also partly due to an already feeble intellect simply overextending itself in its narcissitic vanity) that one can not help but wonder what "Heavens Gate" stunt would ultimately next attract that sick mind...should media coverage threaten to wane once more...

...while David would never "sacrifice" himself of course.....(well the David-worship must go on somehow mustn't it!!)...... he does have his "minions" for those ends......

But I must finish on a positive note here!!

What a FANTASTIC effort on the part of many of the regular contributors here.....to have pulled off the whole Jeremy Kyle deal..(so it'll be out for Christmas? Please put a copy in every Christian souls' stocking, Santa!!)....a magnificient effort on the parts of all those who went to the trouble to make themselves present or who other wise contributed....to have confronted the villion so convincingly...across continents!!!

We (who have been former members) can all no doubt well, anticipate the beguiling hype that David will (have to be) bandying about within the JesusChristians.....(The persecution is growing stronger and stronger fellow JC's {shudder!}....because we are just getting that much closer to the Truth and thus the Devil is increasingly busy marshalling his forces against us....blah, blah, blah!).....I can remember David with at least some pretence at intellectual clout once, but even his lies just border on the pathetic now!!

Despite all the hype....he will certainly have felt the "noose" tightening around the neck after that effort....the way we were able to call him to account and challenge him....in my time, he could just fabricate his own deceit, willy nilly, without any regard to the "public record" or candid disclosures about his previous behaviour....

While by all appearances, he is so sick now, that he actually enjoys the moniker of "cult leader"....the spectacle he makes of himself these days, definitely does NOT (in my humble opinion!) win him any further recruits....

God bless those all those concerned.....for all the endeavour they showed......really remarkable I thought!!

Keep note....
Date: November 12, 2007 11:33PM

...and speaking of the "public record"....for future program opportunities....

I think we should keep definitely keep note of all the families who are denied access to their children (ridiculed by their children on the JC website, in order that their children may thus "prove" themselves loyal to David, restrictions on all private communication, lack of any actual opportunites to visit), as I believe that it will be ever so easy to convincingly portray David as utterly disreptuable...given that when he claims that families are "free" to visit, he will then find himself at a "loss" to explain why no visits actually ever occur....

In my opinion, the more he "trots out" Ash or Joe or other recent converts, time and time again, to (with "glazed eyes") explain why they just love "God" more than their families (and thus to vouhesafe Davids deception).....the worse he'll actually look......(the public concensus will be "undue influence" regardless of Davids heavy-handed efforts at "spin")....

Let him hang himself with the all too obvious manipulation of anyone betoken to him at all........

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 13, 2007 04:20AM

Well, the old bastard finally banned me from the JC "forum." And I was going to finally give him my source's real name! Too bad. Oh well, I'll post Private Eyes' name here, publicly, for all to see. DM is saying that Eyes and Blackhat are the same person.

[welikejesus.com]

Grasping at straws, he is, hoping that if he "fishes" long enough that somebody will screw up and mention a name or any other tiny bit of information. So I'll take the cat out of the bag, David. Here's Private Eyes' real ID:

He is actually a Korean man, by the name of Mr. Kyoo. His first name is Fa (pronounced "Fah").

So there you have it, David. Fa Kyoo!

Posted by: hello ()
Date: November 13, 2007 06:11AM

I've been banned too! A bit too much freedom of speech on the "forum"!

Date: November 13, 2007 08:17AM

Somebody send me a PM please so I can see if it is working properly now...

Date: November 13, 2007 10:00AM

OK it's working now. Thanks, Hello.

Date: November 14, 2007 02:08AM

How is it possible that the first time Glenn openly disagrees with David, David bans him, even though David has always said that he believes in freedom of speech?

If David can do this to someone who clearly supported the JCs, but has expressed honest disagreements, what other, more drastic, behavior is David capable of in an effort to silence his critics?

Dig your foxholes well and deep and take cover, people, the battle is over but the war rages on. Comrades in the struggle, keep fighting the good fight!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.