Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 11, 2007 12:47AM

Their forum is online again now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cait ()
Date: November 11, 2007 05:11AM

but hang on, I was wanting to buy a book...

Posted by: hello ()
Date: November 11, 2007 05:37AM

cait
but hang on, I was wanting to buy a book...

You're so funny cait!lol Love and prayers to you. xx

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: November 11, 2007 06:14AM

Hello Hello U gott a laf sumdimes. Whoiz Attila? Dave zay mad tings and rants rants rant. .

Fun ee Sandler klp

[www.youtube.com]

yur adulfs o ur owwn beep beeps.

Posted by: free of DM ()
Date: November 11, 2007 06:29AM

'I'm not in the kult so i doh have to worry about pizzin the leader guy off'

Posted by: hello ()
Date: November 11, 2007 06:30AM

cait
Interesting... or perhaps Anaglypta Bassoon has become disenchanted with DM, having seen him in action. sWord tells me that the site was created 9/11/04, and expired 9/11/07 (yesterday), but was also updated yesterday. Perhaps all will be as it was again after the weekend. Perhaps not...

Yeah- in response to Free of DM ( Hi Free BTW)- who ia Anaglypta?

Posted by: cait ()
Date: November 11, 2007 08:28AM

hello
Yeah- in response to Free of DM ( Hi Free BTW)- who is Anaglypta?
The welikejesus domain name is registered to her, aka Jinny, aka Lisa Simpson.
I love the sound of Anaglypta Bassoon - so resonant of the stuff of Dr Who : if it was me, I would have stuck with that for a moniker. Then again if it was me, I would never have had the imagination to come up with such a fabulous name in the first place.

Date: November 11, 2007 01:40PM

DM SAID:

"We have mixed emotions about the show. It actually constituted the best opportunity we have ever had to express ourselves (somewhere around five minutes squeezed in with 45 minutes of incoherent rants), but it is sad to think that that IS the best we have ever been able to manage in the mass media, because the tables have always been stacked as they were (or worse).

But I expect that there will be a lot more of this in the years ahead."

[welikejesus.com]

This kind of comment reassures me that there is no incipient "Heaven's Gate" developing here with the JCs. In other words, it reassures me to know that DM is looking forward some kind of a future. That is a good sign.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 12, 2007 06:33AM

Zeusor, you seem to be filled with optimism since David shook your hand and was 'nice' to you. Check his latest posting:

"Jesus says to rejoice when we are persecuted, for we are like a city set on a hill, that cannot be hid. It seems that the reason he says it like this is that he knew our "bad deeds" would attract the attention of the masses (e.g. the mass media) and give us a chance to point people to Jesus himself, what he taught, and how he also became famous for his "bad deeds", and eventually got killed for it. He said for us to follow his example, and to expect to be called devils for doing it. "

I've never read such a screwed-up interpretation of Matthew 5:14-16. What Jesus actually said here was:

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Funny David should quote this, as I have commented on this teaching of Jesus before in an earlier post. I said then, that I don't see people glorifying God because of the "good works" of the Jesus Christians! That's because they are not quietly and modestly doing good works. David is hell-bent on doing "bad deeds" to get publicity and glorify himself.

He then gives a not-so-veiled threat about being killed for his "bad deeds" as some kind of fulfillment of his whacko interpretation. Not good, Zeusor! He twists the Sermon on the Mount to try to say that Jesus said to let your 'bad works' make you get killed. This is not what Jesus taught, it is lunatic stuff.

Date: November 12, 2007 10:27AM

All i am saying is, at least DM is expressing that he is looking towards some kind of a future. That he is planning on being around for "years ahead." At least he's not making any overt threats, or allusions to the contrary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.