Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: hello ()
Date: November 09, 2007 05:35AM

Jack Oskar Larm
zeuszor
Upstage DM nothing, Jack. I take exception to that and am a little offended by that comment. This is not about me promoting myself the way DM tries to promote himself. This is not about attention for Brian. This is about me attempting to stop a madman from hurting more families.

Okay, upstage was a bad word. It has too many negative definitions, but you've been one of the integral members here to 'reveal DM's real character'. I only meant to say that you've been one of the more ardent voices here when it comes to 'keeping the bastard honest'. (okay, ardent is perhaps too strong. Passionate. You know what I mean.)

I know you're not seeking self-aggrandisement. You may, at times, shine brighter than many, but I know you know it's more of a burden than a prize to be singled out, made a hero. I mean, I don't really know you beyond your postings and the odd private message, but it's clear to me that you're a top bloke. Fair dinkum, as we say here.

I meant no offence, Zeuszor.

Thanks for clarifying things Jack. Of course you've been on this forum for so long- ( no offence- but you are one of the ' old- timers' so to speak- that most of us knew what you meant.
I am really pleased with the outcome of the show. For all of you that are not aware- the ' Jeremy Kyle' show is the UK equivalent of ' Jerry Springer'. Enough said. This will hopefully generate enough bad publicity to really hinder the recruitment process here in the UK. I'm really not sure of Dave's need to position himself as circus- freak loon- but am glad he has done so- and with a ' Jerry Springer' style tantrum!
In this country- reality TV is seen as something negative- and people that appear on it are usually always classed as fodder.
Having a serious documentary done about kidney donations- by someone as respected as Jon Ronson- to falling so far that Dave is appearing on ' Jeremy Kyle'- shows how even further the JC's are falling into contempt and ridicule.
No doubt the only way that the JC's ' reality TV' career can continue to is if they cease talking at all about what they really believe- ie forsaking all for God- and try instead to position themselves as ' Freegans'. And though my opinion of them is very low- I don't believe that even they would stoop to such a level.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 09, 2007 07:27AM

Yeah, an old timer: if the shoe fits. It's a snug fit.

Straying off topic, Aussies are generally suspicious of 'reality' television, too. Certain shows like Big Brother and The Biggest Loser have their demographic, but the ratings reveal that 'reality' television in this country is finding a niche somewhere down the bottom of the ladder (okay, yeah, there is the occassional rising bubble, somewhat like football.) Admittedly, I'll watch the occassional Aussie Idol, but it's no big deal. So formulaic. No doubt a show like 'Jeremy Kyle' will be well recieved in the US. In Australia it would only be placed somewhere between Dr Phil and Bold and the Beautiful around noon for all the stay-at-home mums and dads ...

Posted by: hello ()
Date: November 09, 2007 08:32AM

Jack Oskar Larm
Yeah, an old timer: if the shoe fits. It's a snug fit.

Straying off topic, Aussies are generally suspicious of 'reality' television, too. Certain shows like Big Brother and The Biggest Loser have their demographic, but the ratings reveal that 'reality' television in this country is finding a niche somewhere down the bottom of the ladder (okay, yeah, there is the occassional rising bubble, somewhat like football.) Admittedly, I'll watch the occassional Aussie Idol, but it's no big deal. So formulaic. No doubt a show like 'Jeremy Kyle' will be well recieved in the US. In Australia it would only be placed somewhere between Dr Phil and Bold and the Beautiful around noon for all the stay-at-home mums and dads ...

Actually in the UK Jeremy Kyle is aired at 9.25 am. In September the sponsors pulled out of the show- and the show was in a scandal where a judge branded it 'human bear baiting' because one participant had head butted another. The show is considered tabloid drivel- the lowest of the low. In an effort to redeem itself, the show has recently been concentrating on other issues- the Westboro group were on not too long ago.
Jeremy Kyle makes Dr Phil look like Mother Theresa. What is fantastic is that Dave has now managed to position his group as ' lower than Jeremy Kyle'! That's a pretty mean feat to pull off.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 09, 2007 01:23PM

Jack Oskar Larm
zeuszor
Upstage DM nothing, Jack. I take exception to that and am a little offended by that comment. This is not about me promoting myself the way DM tries to promote himself. This is not about attention for Brian. This is about me attempting to stop a madman from hurting more families.

Okay, upstage was a bad word. It has too many negative definitions, but you've been one of the integral members here to 'reveal DM's real character'. I only meant to say that you've been one of the more ardent voices here when it comes to 'keeping the bastard honest'. (okay, ardent is perhaps too strong. Passionate. You know what I mean.)

I know you're not seeking self-aggrandisement. You may, at times, shine brighter than many, but I know you know it's more of a burden than a prize to be singled out, made a hero. I mean, I don't really know you beyond your postings and the odd private message, but it's clear to me that you're a top bloke. Fair dinkum, as we say here.

I meant no offence, Zeuszor.

It's cool, Jack. no hard feelings, mate.

I just had to make that point very clear.

Date: November 09, 2007 01:50PM

Specifically, on the show were DM, his consort Cherry, Roland, Sue, Liesel Appel, Graham Baldwin, Ian Haworth, a man whose family died in Guyana, an ex-member of the COG/Family, an ex-member of the FLDS church (Warren Jeffs' bunch) and yours truly. In the audience, but to my knowledge not interviewed, were Reinhardt and Alfred. That was the panel.

Date: November 10, 2007 12:06PM

Hey, what happened to the JC forum/DM's "I get to play God" domain? It's gone and in its place is an online Catholic bookstore. WTF?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 10, 2007 12:29PM

Looks like while David was playing trash TV talk-show diva, the domain expired?

Date: November 10, 2007 12:31PM

Perhaps...email me Blackhat zeuszor@hotmail.com

Posted by: cait ()
Date: November 10, 2007 01:20PM

Interesting... or perhaps Anaglypta Bassoon has become disenchanted with DM, having seen him in action. sWord tells me that the site was created 9/11/04, and expired 9/11/07 (yesterday), but was also updated yesterday. Perhaps all will be as it was again after the weekend. Perhaps not...

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: November 10, 2007 07:04PM

It's gone and in its place is an online Catholic bookstore.

Well, maybe Daves decided to ditch the Quakers and become a Catholic. No hang on a minute, didn't he already do that in May 1986 along with a few of the others?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.