Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 20, 2007 11:21PM

...It seems that the RR hate-mongers are having the same effect on us that they had on the people in Waco... they just make us stick closer together, because we all know that they'll devour any one of us if they can get away with it.

David posted this today. I take this as a type of threat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 20, 2007 11:32PM

Like many cult leaders McKay has grandiose delusions and takes himself too seriously.

But he has been essentially a failure at recruitment and can't seem to grow his group much.

Of course that doesn't diminish all the damage he does.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 21, 2007 01:36AM

An article entitled, Our Globe-Circling Newspaperboys, appeared in the Salisbury Times Newspaper on 13 October 1962. It gives the story of the around the world trip that Dave won as [b:48e388be25]one[/b:48e388be25] of the top prize winners at America's First National Newspaperboy Convention.

The really sad thing about this article, is that even then (1962) Dave relied on himself to get his own publicity. You see the article was written by Dave.

Oh for our researchers, David was a carrier boy for the Sacramento Union in 1962.

Date: June 21, 2007 01:50AM

Zeusor, I think the comment from Dave relates to him seeing us as wolves. He's telling the sheep to stick together, so that the wolves don't devour them if they stray from the flock.

In a nutshell, he's afraid of losing members who listen to us.

Posted by: ashwyn ()
Date: June 21, 2007 06:46AM

rrmoderator
Like many cult leaders McKay has grandiose delusions and takes himself too seriously.

But he has been essentially a failure at recruitment and can't seem to grow his group much.

Of course that doesn't diminish all the damage he does.

What is all this constant talk of damage? Who has been damaged, how has it affected their life? Was Zeusor damaged by the five minutes he spent with the JCs before bolting out the door? Is Malcolm damaged, or Craig, Atilla or Tony? If so, please explain how.

Posts above yours have referred to Dave as a malignant narcissist, and compared him to Saddam Hussein, but probably the most telling line in the MN article, says "Malignant narcissism is highlighted as a key area when it comes to the study of mass, sexual, and serial murder."

Yet there is a complete lack of any criminal or immoral behaviour by Dave, or even suggestions of such behaviour. Quite the opposite of men like Saddam, who is famous for having slaughtered thousands during his regime.

Who has been harmed? How? Only after these very basic questions have been answered can we move on to discussing possible causes for that harm. After (or perhaps before) all of that, the final question should be asked, is there something better to be doing with your time?

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: June 21, 2007 11:36AM

they just make us stick closer together, because [b:ab6c636725]we all know[/b:ab6c636725] that they'll devour any one of us if they can get away with it.

Here we see the psychological technique of Dave making his own thoughts apply to everyone as a basic assumption.

How does he think we could possibly "devour" any of them?

We will and do welcome any sign of independant thinking from JC's, which is why I recommend allowing all JC's to be able to post here even if they toe the party line (except Dave because he tends to hijack any forums he can, which he can do because he has a life of leisure in which to spend all day on the computer).

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 21, 2007 11:59AM

...and if the ABC's Australian Stories coverage was at all accurate, he also gets the best seat in the house! Poor Cherry with her physical ailments has to sit on the floor at his feet...

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 21, 2007 12:32PM

Luke 18, Luke 14, Matthew 23...how can they not see the hypocrisy of their leader?

Luk 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
[b:5253fe94b2]
What a perverse mockery of the Body of Christ David has created. Who are you David? The servant or the served?
[/b:5253fe94b2]
Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

It boggles my mind that you may really think yourself a humble servant, David. So sad, so tragic. So infuriating. I'll never let you rest David.

Posted by: furry faerie ()
Date: June 21, 2007 04:15PM

private eyes
An article entitled, Our Globe-Circling Newspaperboys, appeared in the Salisbury Times Newspaper on 13 October 1962. It gives the story of the around the world trip that Dave won as [b:57abac052c]one[/b:57abac052c] of the top prize winners at America's First National Newspaperboy Convention.

The really sad thing about this article, is that even then (1962) Dave relied on himself to get his own publicity. You see the article was written by Dave.

Oh for our researchers, David was a carrier boy for the Sacramento Union in 1962.

oh, that's interesting. Is there any link to that article?

Date: June 21, 2007 06:27PM

Jack

I don't know if you also saw the Fox 11 programme, Fox 11, Investigates the Jesus Christians.

It showed Sherian aka Cherry, being whipped.

I wonder if the Australian Government are exercising their "duty of care", when the person they are paying and in whom they are entrusting her care, is prepared to watch her being whipped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.