Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Posted by: ImagoDei ()
Date: January 15, 2021 07:30PM

There seems to be a new YouTube channel created titled "Jesus Minutes".
[www.youtube.com]

If you go to the About section you will notice the email listed under
Details: avidmoderator1@gmail.com

Also, I found a new video that someone made exposing Dave and the Jesus Christians from a reformed perspective. A few JC's pop up in the comments to defend Dave.
[youtu.be]

Though several of their accounts were banned on Reddit, new ones have popped up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2021 07:36PM by ImagoDei.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: February 04, 2021 12:16AM

The Whirlwind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The man
> and wife relationship is repeatedly tempered with,
> as well. Because people can’t implicitly obey
> David McKay some have attempted suicide. Some
> ex-members have reportedly committed suicide.

"[/b]

Whirlwind

Who has attempted suicide in the group? Who has committed suicide?

Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: February 04, 2021 04:52AM

matilda: I said "reportedly" and never said that this was a statement of fact. It's all coming from second-hand sources, things others have told me. I never claimed that such things were definitely the case. I was never a member of the group, so I don't claim to have intimate, fist hand knowledge of these things (and never did).

Posted by: ImagoDei ()
Date: February 17, 2021 10:38PM

Their main channel, A Voice in the Desert, has opened up the comment section on their videos. Comments for their other channels are still disabled. Here is the pinned comment on all AVID videos:

READ THIS FIRST. We have recently opened our videos up for comments. However, the comments are all moderated; they must be approved before they will appear. Please be patient, as this could take a few days if I am busy with other things.

Here are some guidelines if you would like to have your comment approved:
1. Keep it short. This rule is partly to help YOU. People simply will not read long, rambling posts.
2. Keep it relevant. (See also #3 & #4.) Relate what you are saying to the video you are commenting on, or to something said by the person to whom you are replying.
3. No sermons. If you want to preach, do so on your own channel. This is a forum for discussion.
4. Bible references: Say enough to indicate what the passage says, but major on sharing how you think it relates to the topic. Try to avoid chapter and verse references on their own.
5. Rudeness will not be tolerated.
6. No links. This is generally seen as trying to drag people away from this channel to some other channel or site.
7. One point at a time. Many different arguments in the same post do not allow time for two sides to be heard on a single point. Share your best argument (or two), and see what happens.
8. Misinformation based on so-called Internet "research" that is not supported by credible evidence will be deleted

Their members would benefit from following those same guidelines when proselytizing on other forums. Also, it appears it is Dave himself who is moderating the comments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2021 10:52PM by ImagoDei.

Date: March 28, 2021 11:27PM

"An open letter to 'kidney cult' leader David McKay."

[cultnews.com]

Date: July 16, 2021 06:47AM

Dave and Cherry's 57th wedding anniversary is coming up soon (in a little more than a week, to be exact).

McKay married his high school sweetheart Sherian (Cherry) on 24 July 1964 in Yolo County, California.

Happy anniversary in advance, to the two of you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2021 06:48AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: July 25, 2021 10:10PM

Happy anniversary, Dave and Cherry! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

Date: November 13, 2021 06:16AM

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I have reason to believe that Dave McKay's group is up to something. What they're trying to do I cannot predict, but there's been some unusual activity (so to speak) lately. I've been getting emails from persons claiming to be former members of the group, in which they're explaining Dave McKay's position with respect to the Covid vaccines and certain Biblical prophesies. They claim that all of the members of the group are vaccinated and that they left the group since they did not want to be vaccinated. I first started to get these emails on the same day that this video was published. Coincidence? I do not think so. What exactly is Dave McKay trying to do, of late?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 15, 2021 09:08AM

Look, I don't know if "Patrick and Renata" are legitimate, bona fide ex-members or if they are Anita Foster-type inventions of Dave McKay's. I've spoken with both of them by phone, a man and a woman both, and have not only communicated with them by email. They claim to have left "the community" over the vaccination question. "Patrick and Renata" claim to believe that the Covid vaccine is the Mark of the Beast, and refuse to take it on those grounds. They claim that Dave McKay's "community" have all taken the vaccine and that David himself teaches that the vaccine is a precursor to the Mark of the Beast, but not the Mark itself. Dave McKay teaches that RFID technology will one day be used to usher in the actual Mark of the Beast, so the vaccine cannot be that Mark. Which leads me to pose two questions:

1) Which Covid vaccine is the Mark of the Beast, if "Patrick and Renata" are right? Is it Pfizer? Moderna? J&J? Which one, since they cannot ALL be the Mark of the Beast.

2) OK, maybe RFID technology will be used to bring the actual Mark of the Beast to the Earth in the Last Days. If that be the case, then who are the Beast, the Image of the Beast, and the False Prophet?

And more importantly (at least, in my opinion), who are The Two Witnesses, according to Dave McKay's eschatology?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2021 09:09AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: November 15, 2021 09:35AM

PS: I have the email addresses and phone number for "Patrick and Renata," too. If anybody who is reading this may want that information, then please contact me via private message and I'll give it to you. My gut tells me that David McKay is up to something here. I do not trust "Patrick and Renata" and suspect that this is all part of an Anita Foster-ish trick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.