Current Page: 14 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: senhome ()
Date: June 22, 2012 11:57AM

It seems the moderator is asking for validation of these ten points, correct?

In other words, we should question whether or not this really is a cult, and the evidence of it being a cult is when most or all of these ten points are answered as affirmative, rather than negative.

Is that the question from our moderator? It's a good question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: June 23, 2012 02:12AM

Friday 6/22/2012

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. The will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31
This encouraged me today. Thought I'd share

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: June 23, 2012 09:07AM

senhome, I dont think the moderator was looking for a confirmation I think he was just pointing out some things to look for. Libertyforcaptives has a great article on his website about the characteristics of a cult, it reads like a description for YMBBA. I have no doubt this is a cult, all you have to do is listen to one of their rambling 'sermons' or just talk to one of them. Its all good. God's truth will be known.

Posted by: lmtrejo ()
Date: June 25, 2012 06:41AM

I'm glad i've found this. My sister has been involved with this group for a year. She was attending Abilene Christian University when they pulled her into this. It's been so heavy on mine and my families heart because we have always been such a close family. After the death of baby faith we've gotten a lot more concerned. My family and I will be heading to wells this weekend to see where she's living and who she is living with. We've had a few people from this group come and talk to all of us about how we are not saved and how we are all going to hell. My sister isn't allowed to visit alone, so she always brings someone new, & calls or texts us every now and then. She hasn't let us out of her life completely like some of the others have and i'm thankful for that. We are trying our hardest to keep her and not lose her. Our whole community has been praying for each and every one of our families every single day that this cult will come to an end!!

@PastorJ I was wondering if maybe you have time this weekend to meet with my family and I while we are up there?

Date: June 25, 2012 07:27AM

Liberty For Captives has a new post about religious brainwashing. It is part 1 of 8...I'm sure most of the parents on this forum will agree with his points. It was so strange because so many of the Scriptures quoted are the exact same ones my daughter and son-in-law used to break all contact with us. It was almost like hearing/reading the condemnation all over again. To see how these "elders" have twisted the Word for their own purposes. This has been such a huge lesson to my family to stay totally immersed in the Truth so that we can discern the lies.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be discouraged. The Lord is with you...

Posted by: ChildofGod ()
Date: June 25, 2012 07:57AM

I checked out the liberty for captives, and it sure hit close to home! Sounds just like what the kids have been hitting us with!

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 10:19AM

Welcome Imtrejo, I am sorry to hear about your sister. My son Justin joined this group is July of last year and I am sure they know each other. It is a very dangerous cult. Try to read the postings on the libertyforcaptives site before you guys head out, esp the latest one. They will definitely use those scriptures to try to trip you up. Also make sure you are all covered in prayer and the full armor of God each day that you are there. The evil that surrounds this group
is palpable. We actually did a surprise visit last year when they were still in Arlington and they didnt like it at all. We will all be in prayer for you guys and will certainly pray for your sister by name if you want to post it here. My son is Justin, if you see him tell him his family misses him very much. Stay in the word and covered by the blood of Christ.

Posted by: ChildofGod ()
Date: June 26, 2012 10:50AM

Itrejo, I am sorry about your sister also. My daughter has been there over a year, and communication is down to almost nothing! I am broken hearted. We will be in constant prayer for you and your family this weekend. Please let us know how it goes. May God bless you and watch over you!

Posted by: lmtrejo ()
Date: June 26, 2012 11:25AM

@justin07 thank you for sharing i will have to go check that out! me and my mother went last year in august to go see my sister in arlington at the house that she lived in and that whole situation was a mess. we've also had visits from them here in my home town from some of them. it was very very stressful for all of us but we manage to get through it every time because we don't want to lose my sister so we've been willing to sit through it all. My sisters name is Stephanie. WE appreciate all the prayers from each and everyone of you. I'm glad to see that we are not alone and this and we all do have support!

and to both you @justin07 and @ChidofGod my mother says as a mother that she feels your pain. You are not alone & that her prayers are with you always, and that we must stand firm in the Lord, that his Will be done.

Date: June 26, 2012 11:19PM

lmtrejo, glad to see you finally got on here! Tell your mom to text me when you get on the road so you can be covered in prayer. Don't forget to put on the "full armor of God' before any meetings as well as asking God to give you wisdom and discernment. Don't put yourself in a position where you feel the need to argue as it just feeds their "persecution complex." Anyone who does not agree or argues with them is just persecuting them. Remember that you are dealing with the father of lies and deception. Keep Joshua 1:9 in your thought processes at all times. And lastly, don't be afraid to mutter "Satan, get thee behind me!"

Please remember what I asked of you in our facebook communication if you get the opportunity.

Be safe!

Current Page: 14 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.