Current Page: 12 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: June 17, 2012 12:29AM

Oh my! My heart goes out to this family, I cant even imagine the heartache.
Chris, if there is anyway you can let this family know that many are praying for them please do.
Also be on the alert. The cult may try to use this tragedy to overt attention from themselves as well as use it in some twisted way to get their 'message' of despair and condemnation out.
How is your grandma doing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MT2007 ()
Date: June 17, 2012 12:52AM

Praying for this family too. So very sad. I am from a small town, have lost several young teenagers here, and the whole town is affected when a tragedy like this occurs.

Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 02:13AM

Happy Father's Day, even though I'm sure it is bittersweet at best. Remember God knows our hearts, sees our tears and hears us when we cry out to Him. He IS in control and using this for His glory!

Posted by: ChildofGod ()
Date: June 18, 2012 08:18AM

Amen Kjdean!

Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 05:28AM

I am torn. Should I reach out to a mom and give her details about what is happening? Should I just leave well enough alone? Give me advice, please...

Posted by: chris99 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 06:55AM

Ms. Dean: you should do what you feel in your heart...... also, you are a mother... you woukd want to know details if you didnt have contact with your child. :) you can tell her from one mom to another.

Justin, the gran is good. Plays dominos everyday!!! She is a hoot @ 84!!! She keeps us going.

Thank you for the prayers for the community! Please continue!!!

Date: June 19, 2012 07:17AM

I think you should reach out. I would want to know if I hadn't found out on my own. It's better than being in the dark!

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:47AM

Hi KJ, I agree, you should tell the mom the truth. Not knowing leaves too many unanswered questions. If she knows the truth then she knows what to pray for and she can join this blog and get encouragement and reassurance from people who care about her and her child.

Hi everyone, if you or your child has/had a connection to a Calvary Chapel church please let me know. You don't have to put his or her name but please let just give me an idea of the connection. I live really close to the original church as well as the radio station and I am looking to get our kids covered in some heavy prayer and thought that knowing the kids had a history with Calvary may move them to be more concerned. Plus my son Justin graduated from Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa which is under the ultimate leadership of Chuck Smith. I figure he and the people closest to him might want to know where he is now.

Thanks guys. You can always send me a private message with the info.

Date: June 19, 2012 09:57AM

My daughter and son-in-law both graduated from Calvary Chapel Bible College and now they say the college is leading kids astray, when actually they are leading kids astray! Not sure how they got so far away from the bible college teachings! Thanks for asking for prayer for them!

Posted by: MT2007 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 10:55PM

Kjdean49: I have found out through the years that sharing info with parents about their kids is tricky. So many people nowadays have their head in the sand with the idea that if they do not know, they do not have to deal with it. Well, in my opinion that is like sweeping dirt under a rug during cleaning...it just mounds up and continues to get worse! I have dealt with some pretty difficult stuff in my lifetime from losing two children to being caretaker for my parents and being present with both of them passed away. I have always stuck with the theory that fear of the unknown is way worse than to know what you are dealing with and facing it head on. So, for me, I would want to know. I have shared things with parents in the past though, and it made the relationship difficult or sometimes even severed it, because they did not want to deal with the concern. You have to decide what you can live with after sharing the info. God bless you. :)

Current Page: 12 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.