Current Page: 44 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: God's Child ()
Date: March 20, 2013 07:36AM

Dear Jimmy,

If you are called to help people within the Church of Wells, God will not let you rest until you hear exactly what it is that you are supposed to do. If you aren't certain, just keep praying and asking God for the wisdom to know what it is. And never underestimate the power of your prayers.

Pray for everyone there. For the strongholds to be broken. Pray for the leadership too and that light would permeate any darkness. Pray for people to have the courage to leave if the Lord is urging them to leave.

Also, your question is such an excellent question. Personally, my thoughts are that spending a significant amount of time in the Word of God is not in itself bad in any way, it is just that one can also make that activity into a works or into an idol and not be effective as a Christian. Why does one person fall prey to a particular stronghold, and not the other? It still boils down to Satan knowing exactly what it will take to stumble one particular person and knowing that person's weak spot. Satan doesn't waste a single arrow on an area that is protected. Many, MANY people that are affiliated with the Church of Wells have left open an unprotected mind, but Satan has cloaked the deception in such a way, as though it looks like they are "so righteous" when in fact, they are not. Isn't that the enemy's tactic? Get your mind off of Christ and onto yourself but make it LOOK like it's on God.

Keep praying and by the way, I have been praying for you as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Link648099 ()
Date: April 05, 2013 04:20PM

Former Sagemont Church member here, and I knew the Pursleys before all this happened. Currently attending a church in Pearland now recommended to us by Russell Cravens, a former pastor at Sagemont.

Anyway, has anyone read Daniel Pursley's account of what has been going on with them the past few years? I did the other day, and while I still dont subscribe to the groups current stance, it did seem to provide something that has so far been missing from this forum discussion.

And that's the other side's point of view. Because there's always two sides of every story, and we've all gotta be honest with ourselves and realize we've only been hearing one side all along.

And frankly, what he talked about needs to be discussed, rather then swept aside and labeled as a "rant".

Because as a former member of Sagemont, much of Daniel's critiques of the church, the leadership, the mega-church methods, and the general spiritual environment of the place are very familiar to me. In fact, Daniel touched on a reason or two why my wife and I decided to leave Sagemont (even before Daniel did).

In this whole thing we've just heard the side of the story from KDean. And while I don't wish to question her integrity in anyway, and I can certainly understand the pain she and her husband are going through, I can't help but notice that Daniel's account of events paints a very different picture then what I've learned from reading this forum.

I'm not saying everything Daniel wrote about is true, but I'm also willing to bet that not all of it is false either. I want to point out that its easy to demonize him and the church because of the hurt they've put ya'll through, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be willing to listen to their reasons for doing what they do.

If we don't, all ya'll are gonna do is keep talking past each other and furthering the rift.

Posted by: 4everfaithful ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:48PM

Link
I agree they have some good concerns over mega churches etc. I agree with much
"of what they are against in "American churches". But i know you do not have to go to Wells to be savedTheir motives are good...they have a passion for following Christ, however. the way they go about it is not right nor biblical. They run away from their families dishonoring their fathers and mothers. The "testimonies" on their sight slander the families with no need. If they are now saved and know the Lord, they should speak of that only not slander their families...

Posted by: senhome ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:31AM

4everfaithful ... good points.
link648099 ... good points, too.

The discussion has settled down on this thread. That's the way the folks in Wells like it to be. The discussion on this thread irritated them.

Some participants on this thread have gone elsewhere, where they are more free to discuss as they wish.

We continue to pray for the ones who are in Wells TX, at the campus of YMBBA. None of them can stop us from praying, and our God is so much greater than they. He reigns! We trust Him!

I pray daily for my son. I petition God Almighty that He would inspire him with wisdom from above.
I'm not saying my son has none of that wisdom from above. I taught him from the Word of God, and I know he recalls my efforts to train my children, instructing them to pursue God with all of their heart, and with a pure heart. Holy and acceptable ... that is what our lives should look like.

Mega-churches sometimes fail to stress the importance of holiness. Little country churches may have the same problem, at times. Not all churches allow the teaching of holiness to go by the wayside.

People in the YMBBA group seem to make some very outlandish statements. Here is what one of them said, recently:

"We keep very close watch and hold each other accountable. We all get weak, if one member gets infected with leaven. Other churches do not keep a close watch. They are all sick. God is not in their midst, and so that is why people are not getting sick when they take communion together."

Really? Did the one who spoke that attend all churches in America, and did he discover were they all failing to hold one another accountable? How can he say such a thing? His statement is not to be taken seriously by anyone with a sound mind. How does he know God is not in the midst of the church where I attend, here in Oregon? I never saw him come visit our church. He declares the Spirit of God is not in our midst. He says we do not get sick (as I Cor. 11:30 indicates should be happening), but I disagree with the basis of his statement, and I sense the Spirit of God dwells in our midst constantly. His logic is faulty. (A rebuttal to his point would create a real long post, so I refrain, but if anyone wants me to offer such a rebuttal, that can be arranged).

So who would believe words such as those I quoted above? Well, the young and naive might. The disillusioned christian might. The one who is sick and tired of the church hypocrites might.

Here is a technique employed in their manner of speech: urge holiness, quote lots of scripture, challenge the listener to rightly divide the Word of God, urge repentance, sneak in some generalizations, quote more scripture, analyze familiar church failures, urge the listener toward something better, sneak in a few twisted applications of scripture, together with 'their doctrine', quote more scripture. Their words can go on and on, for 3 or 4 hours or more (I'm not kidding). Probably 95% of it is sound and based on Truth. When its all done and you walk away, you feel like you got hit by a violent, windy storm, and confusion will reign in your mind, as a result, if you let it.

So I have to ask .... does the fruit of a man of God produce confusion? Should preaching cause me to become disgusted with those whom I should honor? Does it seem right that I should walk away from preaching with a feeling that various winds of doctrine got hurled at me, and now I am tempted to feel hopeless? Is that the result of good, godly preaching? If we believed every word they said, we are supposed to think we've been lied to, every time we went to a church of any kind ... I'm serious - that is the impression I get from them. I'm not able to believe such things are true, and as I study God's Word, I find problem after problem with their way of thinking.

I will continue to pray for them. I wait for the day when they humbly come, admitting their pride and their carelessness, coming out of their lips. I honor them for their diligence to be modest. I so want to honor them at a deeper level ... but I cannot. God clearly restrains me from it. Also, I pursue what pleases God, including humility. Let us all be humble, knowing that God is our Judge, and none can escape Him.

I'm sorry to have gotten long-winded. I mean well. This thread is a place for exposing things that are really happening concerning the group in Wells TX, and so ... I try to be clear as I expose them.

Date: April 13, 2013 04:44PM

I was looking at the cow website and I noticed that it said "church of wells, a ymbba ministry". When I searched for ymbba ministries I found ymbba ministries, inc. in Florida, it is run by a man named Shawn Holes. When I searched for Shawn Holes I found that he is a man in his 50's
who has been arrested for street preaching, he targets colleges, he apparently practices the same "in your face" preaching, as I found many comments from students that were offended by his preaching methods and wanted him off their campus. it was like I was reading about cow. What I find most disturbing is the fact he calls himself "Shawn the Baptist".In reading the definition of a cult, anout the only thing I wasnt certain about was whether they had a leader that portrayed himself as a prophet. Does amyone know of this group in Fl? He incorporated about 15 years ago. He must have some money as he has been arrested in Scotland. Could this by COW's benefactor ? Do you think they are connected to him? Having just found this info today, I haven't had time to research it thoroughly, just some info on Google. Praying for our families and ourselves.

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 12:53AM

Hi to all, I havent posted in awhile and am only on the site today because I check periodically to see if the family of any new recruits may be looking for support. We could argue forever about the rights and wrongs of cow and of course none of it would matter. The only thing that matters is God's opinion and perspective of this group. And when He has had enough of their prideful misuse of His word He will put an end to the group. I know there have been posts of support on this site and of course say what you will. But the leaders of this group have set themselves up as the final authority to all that is said and done within the group. Where is the biblical organizational structure of a church? Where are the layers of accountability within the body? I asked my son if he could get some information from the elders regarding their growth and maturity as Christians before starting this church. I wanted to speak to one of their past mentors or pastors so that I could be sure that they had received a firm biblical foundation before taking on the responsibility of spiritual leadership for so many. That was the last time I spoke to him, apparently the elders did not like my request. What are they afraid of? What are they hiding? These are some of the unanswered questions that cause me great concern. Woe to the leaders of this group. They are accountable for what they do and say on a level, that I fear. they don't truly understand. The bible is clear about being very careful about our presentation of God and His Word. Woe to any that lead even one astray. May God have mercy on any that teach, preach or require others to live, speak or act in a way that brings dishonor to God or His children.

Posted by: Outside Observer ()
Date: April 18, 2013 10:54PM

Don't know if anyone might find this info useful, but I found your site while looking for information about these guys. A group of them have been disruptive on the college campus where I'm at.

There are at least four of them and they all signed up for a single class so that they have an excuse to be here. They've become such a nuisance that they are going to be banned from campus.

Strange group indeed and I feel sorry for any folks who have bought into what looks like a very controlling cult.

Posted by: senhome ()
Date: April 21, 2013 03:02AM

Observer ... your info is helpful. I feel sorry for students on your campus who encounter these Wells TX 'evangelists'. Your impression of 'very controlling cult' seems correct. My encounters, which are infrequent telephone conversations with some of them, seem to give the same impression.

I suppose they are a nuisance at campus because they fail to show proper respect. Am I right? Being convinced of their own views, as if their views were America's best Biblical doctrines, they seem to think they have prerogative to speak and be heard. Never mind the fact that many christians disagree with them about their ideas of gathering to worship and regarding the path to salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ. Never mind the fact that two well-respected, modern preachers (often preaching a 'no compromise' message) no longer tolerate association with the group in Wells. Still, they think their entire message is valid ...

What to do? Pray for them, petitioning God on their behalf, as the Spirit of God leads your conscience to pray.
Worship God in spirit and in truth, every time you are in their presence.
Do warfare prayer in their presence. Cry out to God, and ask for protection by His Holy angels.
What else to do? Study God's Word, in the secret ... in your quiet place. Have it on hand and in your mind, for responses to them, if opportunity affords.

Posted by: Outside Observer ()
Date: April 23, 2013 06:03AM

senhome
I suppose they are a nuisance at campus because they fail to show proper respect.

I guess that's one way to put it - they are reportedly being jerks by harassing people who don't want to be preached at and following them around telling them that they are going to Hell, etc.

Posted by: lizabethTyler ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:46AM

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I thought you all should know that the YMBBA ministries has been preaching at my campus for the past three weeks. Do I need to be concerned? I'm a full believer in Christ and I know without a doubt that I am saved. But I will admit they are quite agressive in their ministry. I can say that it has encouraged other Christian groups on campus to minister the love of God instead of YMBBA hell, fire and brimstone speech. But do any of you think they hold any ground on my campus?

Current Page: 44 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.