Current Page: 10 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: June 14, 2012 06:15AM

i think they fit 8/10 on the first list and 10/10 on the second. After listening to Ryan's screaming rants in the audio of the "Doctrine of Hell" that was posted the day after my granddaughter's memorial, I got the impression someone might have questioned their judgement and this is the elders' response.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: senhome ()
Date: June 14, 2012 07:50AM

A little insider's information: My son is currently involved with YMBBA, there in Wells. We have communications with him. Therefore, I can share some real facts. We call to speak with him, from time-to-time. He claims his cell phone does not work in Wells, and so he is required to use the phone of another member.

Question: Is cell phone service flaky in the town of Wells? Or is it, in fact, the group leaders who simply will not allow him to use his own cell phone, even though it works fine?

So, when we call and talk with him, someone else is listening in, almost every time, it seems. Either he has his phone on speaker-phone (likely) or they have some other system for listening in. At one point in our conversation, our connection was cut off after we approached a subject that involved some doctrinal wrangling. In another conversation, one of their members came on the line, to quote scripture and communicate some of their desires regarding an event involving police authority.

God has His hands in every situation, world-wide, and so we know our son is in God's hands. We wish for him to leave their group, but our son is on a philosophical journey to discover sincere christianity. Currently, he is willingly submitted to 'elders' in that group (the oldest seems to be in his late twenties). They convinced our son he is not saved, even though our son's recent confession while he was here living with us (only a few months back) was that he was saved.

Hey, you know, I must be careful what I say. Very likely, one of them is following the posts on this forum.

The truth is, I want my son to leave their group, immediately. If you are from that group, and if you are reading this, then please urge my curly-haired son, age 24, to return to Oregon.

Posted by: sharon35 ()
Date: June 14, 2012 09:21AM

If he has anything other than AT&T yes cell service is sketchy.

Date: June 14, 2012 09:25AM

we were there on June 1 and had no troubles with cell phone reception. I think it's one of the ways they control and your son probably doesn't want to hurt you anymore than necessary. If you have any questions, please feel free to private message any of us if you are concerned for his safety. We are a great group and welcome you. We can rage, cry, laugh and vent together without judgement.

I don't want to alarm you but I've never heard of them asking anyone to leave...

Is your son's name William?

Posted by: ChildofGod ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:27PM

Senhome, welcome to the group! My daughter, who is in that group, slowly stopped calling me, she sent me back her and her husbands cell phones, which I had on our family plan, and the church now supplies them with a phone they share, so trying to talk to her is almost impossible. Communication really seems to dwindle when you don't have the same beliefs as they do, even though we are both born again Christians! They

Posted by: senhome ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:42PM

Thanks. No alarm, here. I'm somewhat familiar with groups like YMBBA. Thanks for the welcome to this forum. His name is not William.

Date: June 14, 2012 12:45PM

senhome, Welcome to the group. My daughter is in this "church" and communication got less and less as we didn't agree with their theology. They convinced my daughter she wasn't saved, and then they tried to convince me I wasn't saved, when I didn't agree with them, they sent back her and her husband's cell phones, that I had been paying on my family plan, and then the church supplied them with one phone that they share. I can't tell you how many times we were "cut off" mysteriously and then she wouldn't call me back. So it is very hard for me to talk to my daughter anymore, she doesn't call me back or text me for weeks sometimes. I would like to tell you this won't happen with your son, but I believe it probably will, so be prepared. It is very hard to lose your child, and for it to be for belief in the same Jesus that we both believe in, is just heartbreaking! I just pray that these kids wake up and the Lord shows them that they are not winning souls for Jesus, but are probably losing souls. My daughter has walked away from every friend and family member that loves her and we just want her back!
But, we serve a Big God! He will work all this for his glory in the end! We just keep praying!!

Date: June 14, 2012 08:36PM

My post at 12:27 posted before I was ready, and I didn't realize it even posted, so that is why the next posted started the same, oops!

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: June 15, 2012 01:18AM

Hi senhome. My son entered this cult about a year ago. Our experience with him sounds very familiar with your experience with your son. I am so sorry. I know with Justin they isolated him and when they did interact with him it was to flood him with lies about not being saved. He no longer communicates with us, but was 'nice' enough to send a family letter of condemnation. For almost a year we 'discussed' scriptures and truth but when he realized that he was not going to get me to agree with his inaccurate and twisted use of the bible, he stopped talking to us. Be assured that there is a great community of believers praying for this group. We are asking that God expose the truth of who (what) is really behind the leaders of this group; that He would open the eyes and ears of His children so that they would know truth and return to their families. We know that the battle is spiritual and already won (Praise God) but watching it play out with a family member can be hard. We suspect churchpartner is a member and is monitoring this site, but 'greater is He that is within us then he that is in the world". So write what you want and stand firm on the truth of God.

Date: June 15, 2012 06:39AM

please pray. was just overwhelmed with the incredible need to pray for this group. I can't even put my finger on why...

Current Page: 10 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.