Current Page: 43 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: brainwashed ()
Date: November 09, 2009 10:33AM

xSmes -

You claim to be a member of Shoresh Yishai.

What exactly do you mean? Shoresh is no longer the name of the group, mostly it is referred to as an old form of the community. It was at one time 30 years ago an actual organization and now as it stands it is simply an organization for which tithe is funneled. No one actually works there. Its odd that you say that. Your choice of words are also a little dated.

Your statement that people who are active members or who are complicit to abuse dont visit this site is patently absurd. It is clear by posts that people who are active frequent this site. They want to know what dirt is being spread about the past, about Gary, Jack, and the current state of things. They are also wanting to collect information on who may be on this site.

If you are an older member of the community why has it taken you so long to come to the conclusions you have? And how did you hear about this site? It leads to reason that members of the community visit this site as you are here now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: November 09, 2009 10:57PM

Just some thoughts:
This board has been viewed almost 19,000 times. That appears to be significant.
Just about everyone seems to agree that this is an insidious cult which has caused much
suffering
Many people would like "out" but don't know how to go about that without losing friends and family
It seems almost impossible to talk directly to those still in- since they believe that they will be persecuted, any confrontation just reinforces that belief
We have no way of knowing who is "in" and who is "out" and, apparently, this board is monitored by the "ins" so some of the posts may be purposely misleading.
We can't even talk to our loved ones becuase they won't even level with us.
So, where do we go from here?

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: November 09, 2009 11:33PM

Pequa,
What?
You and a half dozen other posters spent nearly a year talking on this board collectively presenting this as a group of benign and god seeking loved ones with some slightly off beat views....originated by Jack Hickman and now being led by Gary Coons, a man who you and a half dozen or so others unanimously described as a good and god seeking leader of the old followers of Shoresh Yashi.

You described it in one of your own posts as a real healing type experience (paraphrasing)

Didn't you express a problem with me and my posting specifically(only me), because you felt that by my discussing past abuse I was ''beating you up''.
Didn't you suggest that I ruined everything by making it difficult for others to now...freely exchange ideas(more paraphrasing)
I thought you were so enthralled and enlightened by daddylonglegs posts that you felt instantly healed just reading his words of wisdom.
We're talking a week ago or so. Everyone was pretty much on the same page. Except me. Correct?

Now, you fear some posters may be deliberately trying to mislead readers? You don't know who is in or out?

I have an idea.
Where to go from here.
People can READ every single post and DISCERN FOR THEMSELVES which ones they belive are misleading.
Thinking for ourselves is part of the recovery process.
Just my opinion.

Date: November 09, 2009 11:45PM

Brainwashed,
You think that xSmes made a patently absurd statement when he stated that members don't visit the site.
I find nothing absurd about it.
I think he is making an assumption based on what he has seen or heard and it is likely a good assumption.
If he is wrong than it is possibly because he has been lied to or misled by members.
That would make those who have lied to him ''absurd''. Maybe he's been told ''we don't read the site and neither should you.''
I enjoyed reading his post.
I also wondered if there was some deception in the post...so what...?
We are discussing a group of people who founded a religion on lying and hiding.
I was TAUGHT as a young girl in those tribe meeting about lying and ''masking''...remember??????
Come one people.
The hide and seek game on the beach?
After 1982, some were hiders and some were seekers and the hiders had to ''hide'' out in the open by walking and talking differently....
We had interview tests where we pretended we were being interrogated....the best ''lyer'' won.
All after 1982.................
So what if xsmes wrote a post that is hard to figure.....
Masking and mis leading is the foundation and CORE of this group..
I'm sure that by reading and re-reading the thread people can figure out what's up for themselves. My opinion.

Date: November 09, 2009 11:50PM

OMG Buffy,
DNA testing? oh I just got a sick thought. Did the Newsday article or ...someone...did I once hear that god told Hickman to ''burn'' his seed after...you know....
OMG
Does anyone know if that was what he was doing or if they still do....
OMG...

Date: November 09, 2009 11:57PM

Pequa,
One more thing.
You claim this board is monitored by the 'ins'
You mean the 'ins' of Shoresh Yashi established the Rick Ross Cult Education Forum and are now monitoring this site????? Wow Pequa...wow....
That sounds pretty crazy.
I doubt it.
I have perused the home page many times. They recommend great books and resources for help.
No Pequa, I don't believe this board is monitored by the 'ins' ...

Date: November 10, 2009 12:23AM

Question for anyone
If a member wanted out but feared for their safety, where could they go for shelter and help?

Posted by: Confused7609 ()
Date: November 10, 2009 02:06AM

I think that if anyone leaves it is their emotional safaty they fear for. If someone with no family or friends that they want to keep in their life, leaves, they can just walk away. If a person wants to keep the family they love, it is a problem because members will tell remaining members that you are a goat instead of a sheep, or that you are on the left, which means you are a person who cannot be trusted. Perhaps this may have eased up since the death of JH. Currently those who remain probably will just not interact with you. Never call you again, return emails, ineve nvite you to non group related functions such as graduations etc, which they used to invite you to. If you have children is very bad. If you are a grown child this is just as awful.

Date: November 10, 2009 02:18AM

What if someone is financially dependent upon the group?

Date: November 10, 2009 02:25AM

Confused wrote If someone with no family or friends that they want to keep in their life, leaves, they can just walk away.
==================================================================

How can someone be a member if they have no family or friends in the group? I thought only marriage or birth was the way in for the last decade?

Current Page: 43 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.