Current Page: 46 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: daddylonglegs ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:58AM

I think someone wrote recently that consent could be argued with regard to the boys that Hickman was sexually involved with. After reading the article it's clear that they were above the legal age of consent, BUT that doesn't mean that it wasn't abusive. Regardless how old they were, Hickman was in a position of authority and power over them as the head of their church, their pastor. That automatically makes it abuse. He used his position to gain compliance from the victims and he used his position to justify it. Even if over the age of consent and even if they welcomed the contact, they were young, obviously impressionable and looked up to him as a spiritual leader. I don't know if legally that qualifies for charges. I do know that ethically and professionally it is completely wrong. Given the fact that he openly admitted to the acts it can only be concluded that he is in fact guilty of abusive behavior. I don't believe any one could possibly argue that.
Secondly he targeted people who he knew were homosexual. This could only be because he knew he may have willing participants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fallen 49r ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:54AM

Underneath it all, many people remain involved because they just want their kids to turn out better than those raised by pop-culture, which they see as evil and godless. Fortunately, much of pop-culture is complete garbage, so when you reach the age of reason and take control of your own life, their intentions are at least salvageable. If your lucky, you've gained an invaluable experience from being raised in such a bizarre circumstance. The experience has been mixed for all of us.

Below is an illustration of how gray and muddled this whole thing really is:

1. People may shelter their children, but among the other children they experience some extremely strong friendships. Unfortunately, this can be to the point where they're dissatisfied with their outside friendships because they're so impersonal and cliche.

2. When they become teenagers and start to date, in or out, they believe they're "not allowed" to do much more than kiss, so it keeps early relationships mildly honest and substantiated. Of course, the inevitable bending of the rules can cause a lot of tension, while agreeing to break the rules can mean deep guilt and regret. I've had several friends confess such things to me, feeling suicidal.

3. When you grow up thinking the world is going to end soon, you value who you have, not what you have. That was a very big theme in the group, the unimportance of material things, as they distract you from god. Well, god aside, life isn't all about money, and I think that was definitely a lesson worth learning the hard way. In the wake of the doomsday myth though, it's tempting to go out and buy/pursue all of the worldly things you had looked down on. Not to mention, many people are struggling with what to do with their lives because they never thought about "what they wanted to be" when they grew up.

Don't get me wrong, on the whole, this group is wrong and the beliefs can be severely damaging, but I can clearly identify things in my life and my character that I owe to it... I feel like Andy Dufresne.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: November 11, 2009 06:02AM

Timeline:

1Jack HIckman at first targeted young homosexuals who were near the age of consent

2) Jack Hickman went into hiding with the help of Gary Coons who was in his 20s and perpetuated the cult.

3) Young children born into the group as well as new recruits were taught to fear outsiders. ''Outsiders and Long Islanders'' co-incidentally....knew what they were planning.

4)Jack/Gary premeditated...they planned...to continue.....

What....?
What did they continue to do?????

Date: November 11, 2009 06:05AM

I watched Gary Coons ''groom'' a young boy who was going to become a prince for a ''special meeting'' with Jack Hickman.
After the meeting the young man became emotionally despondent. Hyper sensitive. Defensive. Deeply depressed and suicidal.
Why?
Why what happened in that meeting?

Date: November 11, 2009 06:14AM

Is anyone familiar with ALL the warning signs of a sexually abusive parent/daddy?

I can't remember all.

Here are two signs.....

1) The young family member who is being abused will often appear to be very sexually promiscuous

2) The parent/daddy will try to paint a picture of the ''offspring'' as overly sexually...''wanting it''.

Any comments on that daddylonglegs?????????????????

Other than...''Jack's victims were homosexual so they must have wanted it''....other than that. Have you anything else to say?????????????

Date: November 11, 2009 06:35AM

Yes ok I remember more.
The sexually abusive parent will actually sexually stimulate the child. Not to be vulgar but this is sort of ''on-topic''. We often think of sexual assault as painful but typically with child / young person abuse....often it is not. The ''abuser'' will actually make the experience pleasurable. This perpetuates the victim's overwhelming feeling of shame/guilt. The victim will think ''I liked it....I must have wanted it''.
I apologize for the fact that this is getting a little vulgar but we have to do it....this IS the topic....the religion of ''perpetuating the lineage of christ by passing seed'' is just code for ejaculating.

Posted by: Confused7609 ()
Date: November 11, 2009 06:40AM

Longlegs, The moderator did hit the nail on the head. This is an anonymous thread, everyone wants to remain anonymous, and hopefully we do. If someone eludes to following the thread or "watching" it, it is just a very subtle mind game insinuating that they might know who you are. I don't think anyone fears for their physical safety. My only fear, as you also said, is interfering with relationships with loved ones and life long friends. There are so many people who do not believe the teachings of JH anymore. No one wants to say anything, but not from fear of being beat up. I think, besides the loss of loved ones, that some of the reason for the fear, is that it would be scary if the whole group got together and said okay we realize this is all a lie. Where would they be? Who would they be? What identity would they take on? How could they explain the past 30+ years to themselves or their children. It is like a pile of dominos. It is easier to just go along with the status quo than to have to face all of this within yourself. Even if you tell yourself you don't believe it, it is hard to let go of a certain identity you have aquired from it all. It has become you. You have become it. There is no point in saying anything. Beliefs are falling apart though. I notice people who used to be constantly talking about, JH said this, JH said that (using his cult leader name of course). You couldn't even have a conversation without it being laced with those statements. This is waning in even some of the most ardent followers and you don't hear anyone saying GC said this, or GC said that.

Date: November 11, 2009 06:46AM

So back to the ''violation of sexual boundaries''
Jack talked to his inner circle about ''wet dreams''. I forget what he called it but I do know that at one time the fact that young boys did or did not masturbate was somehow considered a thing that adults could discuss. I believe he justified the ''conversation'' with the fact that one of the Torah books mentions ''spilling seed in your sleep...'' something like that. I think it meant you were ''unclean'' like when a woman has her period.
Something like that. . So now I sometimes ''re-think'' that and I truly feel outraged by it.
Imagine? Talking about whether or not a young man has masturbated?
Listen I know this sounds off beat and vulgar but I saw and heard stuff with my own eyes and ears.
What I just described is, in my opinion, the ''violation of a sexual boundary''.
It is a type of verbal/sexual/emotional abuse that could cause a young person to grow up sexually disfuncional. Imagine how helpless and ashamed a young man could be made to feel.
Under those circumanstances a child molester/abuser could almost convince him of anything....such as....''you must be gay and you liked it and you asked for it....'' etc...

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: November 11, 2009 07:16AM

Thank you , geraldt, for the link to the Newsday article. I reread it today after 25 years and was more appalled than the first time. After the first time I knew I would never leave my husband and children and life to join. after rereading it, I am appalled that my parents stayed and stayed and stayed........ It scares me that otherwise intelligent functioning humans can be so manipulated.

Posted by: daddylonglegs ()
Date: November 11, 2009 07:17AM

Sallie, I mostly ignore your constant attacks on me, I'm not sure what your motivation is except that you don't like that my personal experiences as a youth in this group today doesn't agree with everything you say. However, I do not appreciate you putting words in my mouth- words I never said nor remotely implied.

Current Page: 46 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.