Current Page: 55 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Confused7609 ()
Date: March 04, 2010 12:51PM

SimplyOrganic
Isn't it a bit ironic that people who left the community are on rickross being anonymous while those who are still in the community are out in the open on facebook?

You can feel free to post your name on here. I am sure if any one wants to go public on Facebook with you they will send you a PM and then you guys can become face friends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brainwashed ()
Date: March 05, 2010 07:21AM

[...]

Darlene Coons is Gary’s sister and if I had married her, I would have become part of the power structure of the cult. It would have been a very powerful political move on my part. I would be the brother in law of Ben Yishai’s (actually redubbed Shoresh Yashi) leader. There would have been monetary ramifications too as I wouldn’t have had to work for a living anymore as Hickman had real estate dealings with Pastor Gene Profeta. (Jessica Hahn brought Profeta down).

[...][/quote]

Rich

seriously?

Darlene doesnt have a shred of involvement in the community so your powerful political move would have gotten you nowhere near the power structure. Did you even have a relationship with Darlene? Or would you have just decided to marry her one day? Anyway, those are rhetorical questions. I really have no desire to really discuss this I just thought it was funny.

And yes. we all know Ben Yishai was renamed.

Date: March 05, 2010 07:30AM

SimplyOrganic
Isn't it a bit ironic that people who left the community are on rickross being anonymous while those who are still in the community are out in the open on facebook?

there is nothing ironic about it at all. thats not even the right way to use that word. you cant even compare a cult education blog to a social media site.

Date: March 05, 2010 08:08AM

Sallie
I'm thinking of another way to ask the question.
How about this...Monica Lewinski engaged in certain activities with Bill Clinton which, at some point made her uncomfortable and violated. She began to view their relationship as one in which he mis used his authority and took advantage of or exploited her. People who hear the story have differing opinions about the President and while some think he mis used his authority...some do not.
But...
There was a process which she used in order to bring attention to her concerns.
She spoke to certain people and over time the President was investigated.
Question:
If a member of this cult were to become uncomfortable about anything that Gary Coons does, is there anything in place that they can do?
I ask this because when I posted my suggestions or complaints about the leadership of this cult one of the things I was told (we can re-read past posts), is that....'' Gary was/is a victim of his past''(paraphrasing)
Would that be one of the standard responses given to a member of this group who might express feelings of discomfort about their relationship with Gary? If not, what would be the response?

Yes. theoretically... but it would never happen.

they call it the "bet din" spelling questionable.

it is basically a judging panel where the "big" problems are handled after going through all the other channels - ie. clan heads, elders, superclan heads... I dont know of many situations that got that far, probably because its this groups equivalency of the supreme court and if its that big of an issue to get that far its obvious no one wants to deal with it.

But to my knowledge Gary sits on the bet din.

to your other comment I believe I mentioned that Gary was a victim, actually I know I did. but he is not stupid enough to repeat JH's mistakes... ie. abusing boys... but i do think he lives a secret life and I think his wife does also. in my opinion they are both each others "rugs" how do u explain a married couple who have both had homosexual relationships? I digress...

I dont really care. but in no way is he a mirror of JH, He shouldnt be vilified like him in my opinion.

Posted by: hittheroadjack ()
Date: March 06, 2010 04:55AM

brainwashed.

You say that Gary and Lynn are each others rugs? I have heard countless accounts of Gary's sexual history, but I am not aware of Lynn having a lesbian relationship.

Do you know something we dont? Does anyone have any information on this? If it is true it would not shock me, I'd like to talk to Gary about it however. Ive been meaning to sit down with him for a while now. I have a lot to ask him.

Can anyone tell me about Lynn? Maybe someone out there has had a relationship with her.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: March 08, 2010 05:27PM

Brainwashed,
Interesting about the ben din panel. You say Gary sits on the panel. Interesting. I guess what I'm asking is what process would the members go through to put Gary on trial. It would be different than the ben din panel correct?
With the analogy that I used about Monica and the Prestident I was thinking about the fact that the process of investigating the president or other congress high-ups would be a little different than the process used for everyday citizens. Could the ben din or some other clan member judge a disagreement between Gary and a member?

Posted by: Confused7609 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 11:12PM

I think thet someone could judge a disagreement between Gary and another member but I doubt they would. He is very "protected" by the other members such as clan heads, super clan heads, elders, king and all of the whole bet din process. I don't mean his physical protection, I just mean all those who support him would pretty much gather around him and not much could get past. It would have to be a massive undertaking sort of along the lines of when things fell apart in the early 1980s for JH. Most people who feel very negatively about everything don't want to go that route. They just want to quietly back away. As you have noticed from this thread along the way, many people really like GC regardless of his history or whether they believe the JH teachings of the past or whether they think he is really a high priest and first born son to JH or whether they think his marraige to LC is just politics.

Posted by: Concerned1220 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:00PM

Confused,

Would you mind breaking down and explaining the hierarchy for those of us who do not know? It would be much appreciated.

Posted by: SimplyOrganic ()
Date: March 25, 2010 03:53AM

Could we hear more about the latest teachings and prophecies, etc of this group?

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: March 25, 2010 11:38PM

In April 2008 xmember wrote:

Those who were not part of the Maine "ministry" (those with houses for refuge in the Moosehead Lake region) were given a chance to move into a different family mission - more secular and socially oriented.

==========================================================================
Does anyone know who these ''more secular and socially oriented'' members are are what is there ''different family mission''?

Current Page: 55 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.