Current Page: 21 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Slate ()
Date: July 27, 2009 08:20AM

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me how Lynn is doing? I was involved with her when she was in FL for several years. She was tormented and stressed most of her life - all because of this family. She couldn't commit to our relationship because her family was "pushing" her to marry Gary. I hope she is happy. She cut off all communication with me and her friends down here without any real reason. We kind of figured things out. I knew her very well. I pray for her every day.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

CC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 13, 2009 03:25AM

Some people wanted me to go out and date Darleen Coons who is Gary Coons' sister. It seems that I could have asccended to power in that organization. I left and went to Israel.

Posted by: mikelennon2 ()
Date: August 25, 2009 09:03AM

I stumbled across this forum quite by accident. I'm sorry to hear that richardmgreen's life and experiences have been less than fortunate at the hands of the mainstream Jewish community. I have been fortunate that my experience was better, but if truth be told I have never revealed my past to anyone. The healing for me and my family, both emotional and financial, took many years. I, too, could have risen to power, as I was considered among the elite - a born Jew, of two Jewish parents; for a time I was treated by Hickman almost like royalty. I am concerned for those that are still members, for the deceptions that may still be going on, and for the young people who have been brought up not knowing any other way of life but that of this cult; this group includes family members in Colorado.

Re: Jack Hickman:; he didn't like children's rights!
Date: August 27, 2009 01:28AM

HIckman didn't llike children's rights. And when I was almost of age, someone in the cult told me that my parents could do anything they wanted to do to me. He also claimed that spanking "is a wonerful experience." Hickman related how he got wood spankings and sometimes he got splinters. I think some people are abusive and some parents abuse their children and sometimes they go to something worse.

Date: August 28, 2009 01:14AM

I think Hickman had some kind of mental illness himself. I heard that people spoke to his mother and she said he was sick. He dragged a lot of people down. Hickman said that alot of people got messed up by their parents and I think he was one of them.

Posted by: My Good Name ()
Date: August 31, 2009 04:53AM

I was born into the group and I still live very close to many members. I no longer believe in the cults teachings, but I have not told anyone in the group that. I don't want to upset my family or lose friends. I understand there beliefs and I think they are twisted, I would even discribe the beliefs as racist. If you would like information, I will supply some, not all though. I respect others privacy so I don't want to give out there personel info. I believe that a lot of those born into the cult no longer belief, they won't tell others that though because they don't won't to lose those they are close to. If your questions are to personel I will not answer them though.

I don't think they are violent. They don't seem suicidal either.

Posted by: Fallen 49r ()
Date: September 04, 2009 08:08AM

Where to begin...

I've been following this thread for a long time. I found it for myself years ago, and regarded it with a fair amount of contempt for several reasons, some still-standing, others not. (There are several inaccuracies, (understandable), but some are a misjudgment of events/people).

Having been born into this group just like "My Good Name", there's a chance I know them quite well and regard them as a friend; I may even have a few guesses rolling around in my head as to their identity... But that's just it, so long as our lives revolve around those involved, (friends, parents, siblings, spouses, etc) we are forced to silence and anonymity in a bizarre way. To resist, to question, to expect coherent explanation of belief is simply not tolerated. Those who do so are met with social hostility from the most dogmatic; but like "My Good Name" explains, though the tides are turning few dare to end this silly game, to stand up and proclaim the floor is in fact not made of lava...

Hickman was many things to many people, but when it comes down to it, he was a new age guru. The "teachings" (especially the latter series), are new age through and through. Few people realized that the concepts he was conveying were not original by any stretch (though he may have been ahead of the new age wave that swept through spiritual culture in the 90s, starting in California). Most of these things are harmless (they're vegetarians, go figure), but divinely ordained behavior lacks integrity. Where is the worth in an action that you believe has been commanded of you?

There were several things though that Hickman said that are simply not true, in fact they are downright impossible, ie... fish-people...

These sort of intellectual obstacles are hard to ignore, and they highlight the fact that you never investigated the many things you previously had accepted on faith. And there it is... the F word that no one likes to hear, because for decades people have been denying the fact that their beliefs were never substantiated.

It's a cult for sure, intentionally or not. You can blame Hickman, you can blame the leadership, but in the end it's the members who sustain its cult nature. The wiser of the bunch will often point out that Hickman never said we had to do anything, it was never enforced or demanded, merely suggested; but we were eager, young, (vulnerable) minds looking for God.

The way I see it, Hickman didn't create a monster, he merely took whatever you brought to the table and let it manifest itself. If you were stubborn, he would simply tell you what you wanted to hear (not what you needed to hear) and was very passive for that. As a result, the insecurity in many members was amplified and the seriousness of it all grew exponentially.

The cult aspects also emerged through the exclusivity of the group, giving rise to the "us and them" mentality. What few realize is that the exclusivity was just a means to keep out those who knew better...

My life has been permanently altered due to my involvement in this group. My childhood was not exactly sheltered, but the dark future that was painted before me was severely damaging. There is much in me that I am proud of, things I know I owe to this group, but at the end of the day, I have trouble tallying up the cost.

Things are fizzling out as the years pass by. The older generation bicker of politics and the antichrist, while the youth respectfully eat their vegi-burgers, wondering how much longer 'til they wake up and realize they've pushed us away from them; that they've forfeited the minds and fate of their children to the whims of a new age cult...

Posted by: My Good Name ()
Date: September 06, 2009 11:35PM

A person here pm'd me. Your mailbox here is full so I cannot write back. You put your phone number in the message and asked that I call.

I am afraid to speak over the phone and will only talk over the internet.

Posted by: Fallen 49r ()
Date: September 08, 2009 12:21AM

+1

You can private message me now
Date: September 09, 2009 01:50AM

i just made room for 5 new messages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 01:57AM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 21 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.