Current Page: 88 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:04PM

LIGHTDANCER7.

You wrote :I have tried for years to find some of the ppl I was once close with ....Gail Gibbons, Deb Schultz, Bob and Jane Hicks, Judy Utting (and her parents Joan and Bob), Nancy Gerdes, Jack Gerdes, Richie and Dennis Walsh to name a few, to no avail. ''

SERIOUSLY??

Judy Utting is living in the same house that she was living in back in the 1970s......

You haven't been able to find her in the last ten years??

Really?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: truthseeker2 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:13AM

Sallie
The article about Jack Hickman shooting his sperm(which he called the seed of Jacobl) came out in 1981

As part of the fallout many other things were revealed.

No doubt Jack Hickman became jealous when Dennis developed other interests.r

Anyone born prior to 1960 was ''of age'' when the article came out. If they were so very close to Jack that they were a part of his inner circle then...the fallout and article was nothing surprising

PEOPLE ARE POSTING MISINFORMATION ON THIS SITE

THEY ARE MISINFORMING THE CURRENT YOUTH ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THIS GROUP

THEY ARE DOING IT THROUGH TALES OF PERSONAL EVENTS WHICH COULD NOT HAVE OCCURED

THESE TALES/STORIES HELP TO CREATED A HISTORY WHICH COULD NOT HAVE EXISTED

No one who was born prior to 1960 and who left the group could have trouble reconnecting with others who left.

I think the existence of a new age center in Boulder Co. could be of interest since/if many of the group members have relocted there and since/if much of their dogma is similar to that used by the cult.
That is not an accusation but a notation. Something to consider. Truthseeker did mention that it could be a ''note of caution''.

I think that Caution is a good thing

Thank you Sallie, again me thinks they doth protest too much. It was a note of caution as there appear to be many falsly representing themselves here. If that does not apply to someone than they should not need to defend themselves. I still find it quite the cooincidence (all thinks considered).

Date: July 30, 2011 06:01AM

OK so about Dennis.
No one born prior to 1960 who was part of the close knit group of kids who hung out with PJ....could believe that Jack Hickman shunned Dennis because of homophobia. Anyone would understand that Jack first used his position to coerce a sexual encounter with Dennis. Next, he used his position to vent his anger and jealousy. Jack wasn't shunning Dennis for being gay in general. Jack was shunning Dennis for being gay with someone else.
I don't need to be a gay activist to talk about this. I also don't need to be lectured by a sudden advocate for the gay and lesbian community.
This is not about homosexuality.
This is about LEADERS IN THIS CULT using their postition to VIOLATE SEXUAL BOUNDARIES and also to CONTROL THE SEXUAL ACTIVITIES of lower ranking cult members.
They tell others who to marry?
Well then...I imagine that they might also tell lower ranking homosexuals whose seed they can and cannot catch.
Wouldn't that seem logical?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 06:04AM by Sallie.

Posted by: Lightdancer7 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:25AM

It is so sad to me that some here think they are the only ones hurt by this Cult and have a need to constantly attack those posting here.

I have lived for 30 years recovering from scars and injustices done by this cult and because I am not living up to some 'standard' that some of the members of this forum have arbitrarily decided upon it gives them the right to attack. I don't need the BS...trust me. I realize that I have obviously done a lot more healing than some on here and have found a path that works for me.

This cult was insidious in hurting people for years after they left the cult and causing them to walk away and mistrust any type of spirituality.

Sallie, don't you dare try to tell me what happened to Dennis. I am quite aware of why Dennis Walsh was shunned...and it had to do with a pervert violating him and then wanting to control...just like any pervert. I never said it was because of him being gay (we didn't even know the term Gay then) . Sallie you do NOT know me or what I am or represent. I am blest that having left the area of the country I grew up in, (when I left the cult I came to the SE maybe that is why I don't know where ppl ending up living per se) I have a full life with my beautiful children and partner. It is sad that you think you are the only one who has suffered from memories and involvement from this cult and feel the need to attack anyone you are suspicious of, which is mostly everyone.

As I said before I don't need the bullshit or personal attacks. There is too much of this on this forum. Have fun attacking others and not talking about Jack Hickman and the cult. My advice....get therapy.

For those of you I have met on this forum and have been welcoming, thank you. For those who I have made a connection with and shared with offline...thank you. It is interesting to see where we are at having been so influence by JH and this cult and to encourage each other on our individual paths.

I won't post here again....it no longer feels like a safe environment but rather one in which certain individuals are allowed to take their hurt and anger out on anyone they want to.

Namaste to those who are honestly trying to recover and not stay stagnant in their damage, thinking they are the only ones to have been hurt. I wish you all peace.

Lightdancer7

Date: July 30, 2011 08:18PM

Anyone can talk about Dennis. Everyone can talk about Dennis.
Everyone in fact SHOULD talk about Dennis. The facts surrounding his story are indisputable and recorded in the 1981 article.

No one born prior to 1960 and who left this cult is going to find a thread about ''Jack Hickman'' on a forum entitled ''Cult Education'' on a board titled ''abusive and controlling relationships'' and then attempt to control all the info. told about Dennis because ''he was my friend and I'm the authority on hiim and only someone who is an authority on Dennis tell his story'' etc. etc...

Jack Hickman who founded this cult exploited Dennis Walsh sexually. Obviously sexual exploitation was a pattern of his. This is common among cult leaders. Correct? Sexual exploitation. Financial exploitation.

I view the treatment that Dennis received at the hands of his brother Richie as exploitaive as well.
I believe that just as Jack set the mold for exploitive behavior ...Richie may have set a mold for what I call ....''pimping out loved ones''....

imo..... there is a fine line between ''teahing others to let it go''...''covering up sexual exploitation'' and ''pimping out a loved one'' That's my take on it. Others may disagree. They're free to disagree. That's the good thing about living in the greater society and being free from cult rules.
We can discuss facts and offer different opinions about those facts.
That would be how ''open dialogue'' and ''discussion'' are defined.

I think that in some ways Dennis was pimped out by his older his brother. I'm not talking about the street corner pimping. I'm talking about the kind of pimping that occurs when someone gets a cushy position/power/job offer etc...and this is dependent upon their ''letting go or...NOT reporting crimes ''......

Date: July 30, 2011 08:37PM

Lightdancer7
most pedophiles and deluded cult leaders are straight but sick and demented.

How sick for GC an LC that they have spent so many years pretending to be something they are not and that the cult instructs them to do so. How sick that this cult rails against being Gay but doesn't do so about sexual abuse.

=========================================================================

Lightdancer you wrote that at the end of one of your previous ''I am Love'' posts.

I'm curious about that post.

GC is Gary Coons? Gary Coons who now leads the cult which Jack Hickman started?

You think it is ''sick'' that the ''cult'' instructs poor gay Gary to hide his true feelings? Maybe you can relate to his pain? You also have suffered at the hands of those who rail against being gay? You think the cult rails against gay people and that poor Gary is fearful of this? Really?

So basically, by reading your comments, I might think that Gary has suffered at the hands of this cult Is that right? In the same way that you have suffered at the hands of outsiders?

So...maybe there's nothing wrong with Gary? Maybe the cult members need to try harder to be more loving...unlike the mean spirited outsiders?

Is that it?

Date: July 31, 2011 12:48AM

Lightdancer7
Sallie you do NOT know me or what I am or represent. I am blest that having left the area of the country I grew up in, (when I left the cult I came to the SE maybe that is why I don't know where ppl ending up living per se)
===========================================================================
Lightdancer7,

How did you search for Judy Forti? Did you wander through the steets of the SE shouting out her name?

Judy didn't ''end up'' anywhere because she hasn't moved in approx. 4 decades.

Did you try the phone book? Did you dial information? Did you do a people search on the web? No? Not so much?

What happened Lightdancer7?

Did you put up flyers at the dryercleaners in SE America and then wonder why no one responded?

I'm just curious.

Posted by: mainecooncat ()
Date: July 31, 2011 02:37AM

===========================================================================
Lightdancer7,

How did you search for Judy Forti? Did you wander through the steets of the SE shouting out her name?

Judy didn't ''end up'' anywhere because she hasn't moved in approx. 4 decades.

Did you try the phone book? Did you dial information? Did you do a people search on the web? No? Not so much?

What happened Lightdancer7?

Did you put up flyers at the dryercleaners in SE America and then wonder why no one responded?

I'm just curious.[/quote]

I fail to see the message in this post. Seems like a personal attack. If not please clarify the message intended for MESSAGE BOARD related to this cult.

Date: July 31, 2011 04:59AM

mainecooncat,

Note the question marks. Then explain what type of ''message'' you are searching for. I asked a question. You expect to find a message in that?

Ten warning signs of a potentially UNSAFE GROUP/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. NO TOLERANCE FOR questions or CRITICAL INQUIRY.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of
discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Date: July 31, 2011 05:14AM

mainecooncat,
Here's another example of a ''question''.

You posted .....
mainecooncat
GD is definitely a a sex abuser. Prior to his arrest and conviction for soliciting sex with a minor over the internet he was not permitted to be around the youth of the cult. Obviously this indicates he had a prediliction for this type of behavior. ]...

So...you knew Geroge Delalio was a sex abuser (?) question mark

So...who did he abuse that led you to conclude such a thing (?) question mark

So....decades in the cult and no cult member ever reporter him for sex abuse (?) question mark

But....you knew he was an abuser (?) question mark

So.....how did you know he was an abuser (?) question mark

How come no one in the group ever reported him (?) question mark

Those are examples of questions

No message

Just questions

Current Page: 88 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.