Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 03, 2014 01:09PM

Minor correction: the alternate rock song lyrics (Chicken Soup songbook) were mostly written by Tom Miller, not John Miller. (not related).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 03, 2014 04:24PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Minor correction: the alternate rock song lyrics
> (Chicken Soup songbook) were mostly written by Tom
> Miller, not John Miller. (not related)

EDIT my prior post. If Tom Miller was the whack-a-do walker who wrote those songs, I can't find a reason then to be fond of John Miller.

Filthy apron sorry I misconstrued your post about the type of abuse you encountered. Were you ever told you had a "woman's spirit" or a "contentious spirit?" Those spirits were considered far worse than your common "independent spirit." Funny, none of those spirits are even mentioned in the Bible. That's because it's whack-a-do walker talk.

Date: November 03, 2014 09:45PM

A lot of men were told that they had "male spirits" too. Often these were the men who refused to worship Marilyn. In many cases, wives were designated as the head of the family, as a way to kill the male spirit. This happens when the wife is more loyal to G&M than the husband. The spiritual abuse applied to both genders at various times.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 03, 2014 10:04PM

lily rose wrote: [Filthy apron sorry I misconstrued your post about the type of abuse you encountered. Were you ever told you had a "woman's spirit" or a "contentious spirit?" Those spirits were considered far worse than your common "independent spirit." Funny, none of those spirits are even mentioned in the Bible. That's because it's whack-a-do walker talk.]

------------------------------------

What an excellent observation, lily. Hebrews 11:38 talks about wandering in deserts. Jesus and John the Baptist did some time in the wilderness also. Most desert/wilderness types are not milk-toast, compliant, push-over, wimps, approval junkies, yielding non-backbone personalities.

Talk about being “hoodwinked” & “straightjacketed” by the “whack-a-do walker talk.”

And, God the Father/Creator kowtows and cowers to no one, enjoying infinite independence.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 03, 2014 10:48PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A lot of men were told that they had "male
> spirits" too. Often these were the men who
> refused to worship Marilyn. In many cases, wives
> were designated as the head of the family, as a
> way to kill the male spirit. This happens when the
> wife is more loyal to G&M than the husband. The
> spiritual abuse applied to both genders at various
> times.

So true--the early 90's, that was a main focus. I recall my wife running something by Marilyn that illustrated my resistance to having my male spirit destroyed, and she simply said "kill him." Fortunately, I never been easy to kill, and I'm alive to this day. Psychologically wounded, but alive. To my wife's credit, it's not her nature to destroy, so her level of ruthlessness was insufficient to take someone down like me.

p.s. I would have had no chance if married to Glenn Close.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 03, 2014 11:12PM

Just to clarify, before it gets too tense on this board, that I accept every woman spirit, male spirit, Jezebel, Anak etc. that posts here...assuming they, at some time in their life, are willing to submit to me. I guess I have just mellowed with age.

Date: November 04, 2014 12:13AM

Anyone who had their own thinking intact and their BS sniffer working would get labeled as a "woman spirit" or "male spirit" depending on what gender you are. Those that resisted the "Lamp" had to be taken down. I heard the Marilyn directive to "kill him" often. Marilyn thinks of herself as a lioness protecting her young. And she has a secret army of women that regard themselves as "killers" as well. This practise continues to this day.

Date: November 04, 2014 12:32AM

If the “Lamp Camp” were to ‘go at it’ with the “Warren Jeffs Group” down in Colorado City, Utah, who would win?? Colorado City has its own “designated” police force complete with handcuffs, guns and police cars.

Posted by: filthy apron ()
Date: November 04, 2014 01:05AM

Nope Lily Rose, those labels were bestowed upon my mother over the years.
However I'm sure I've inherited both the contentious as well as the woman's spirit as I expect to have equal (not more or less) ground with my husband.
Most days I have no desire to "kill him" LOL and who would ever want somebody you love submitting to your whims. I know I know it's scriptural for the man to be the head of the family and that's fine I'm totally ok with that but I don't kowtow to anyone it's 50/50 period! My husband is a "body kid" to although he was never indoctrinated to the extent that I was. Somehow he got to avoid the Yasper experience ie: slave labor/sweat shop SOP days. I'm assuming that still happens every year -right? I truly had some amazing times with kids during YASP not all of it was horrible there's something to be said for prisoners sticking together. I would love to see many of them again!! Marti was/is a wonderful person, I truly have great respect for her and I hope she gets a piece of the pie-it would make it easier to accept that my college fund and inheritance wind up with someone with a little bit of integrity.
One thing I can look back on with very warm memories is being baptized at the Shiloh "beach" by Scott McDonald. I felt God that day and it will stay in my heart forever. Did he (Scott) suffer the same defrocking?
Did any of you know Pete and Doris Wayne? From the posts it seems that most of the frequent flyers here are a tad bit older than I am which is great thank you for your kind words and insight! Is Chad Molina still out there/here?

Date: November 04, 2014 02:56AM

filthy apron wrote: "I don't kowtow to anyone it's 50/50 period!"

------------------------------

I’m with you, filthy apron. I don’t care what the “Bible” says about it, it has to be 50/50.

Somewhere it says, “Let us reason together” which implies to me things like contracts, agreements and plans worked out between friends, comrades and team players.

How can “God” expect us to live in that which “God” never has to live in or put up with???

(To the cult teacher ---- don’t even try to use that small, disproportional thirty three and a half year period as a lever to substantiate your sick point of view)

I say, “Better to never be created/exist than to be created as a forever subjugated, subservient underling with no 'say' or 'choice' in any matter.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.