Current Page: 100 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 25, 2014 07:41AM

I agree. We all come to this forum for different reasons having had a shared experience that still keeps us loosely connected but in a more empathetic way. I'm looking forward to Jesus Camp's story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2014 08:00AM by lily rose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: October 27, 2014 01:23AM

We don't hear much about it, but the Living Word followers in Brazil
are some of the most dedicated members of the whole fellowship. They
worship Gary and Marilyn. They do everything together as a group.
Live, eat, play, worship, study together. A strong unified group.
There is no time for anything personal for a person in that group.
This makes for an interesting dynamic and mind-forming environment.

I heard Silas say something like this once "It is the time for the end
of the independent life". It reminded me of a line from Dr. Zhivago
"...the personal life is dead in Russia."

Date: October 27, 2014 01:50AM

In the Soviet Union and Russia, communism was a social experiment that died just as the LW cult social experiment is dying. We were its guinea pigs. How many followers are left? Maybe a thousand from its height of 10,000 or more followers before the founder died. I wonder, where are they now? I guess what I am saying is like Larry Bobo, I also have a burden for them.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 27, 2014 04:03AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard Silas say something like this once "It is
> the time for the end
> of the independent life". It reminded me of a
> line from Dr. Zhivago
> "...the personal life is dead in Russia."

I should have been alarmed by the introduction of Silas to the LA churches, with his role during some of the services of translating everything Gary said in a service, word for word, into Portuguese for the Brazilians. I figured, and still do, that Gary was setting him up as an example of what he wanted his followers to be like in America--devoted, passionately obedient to him. What a sick way to interpret the scriptures.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: October 28, 2014 01:12AM

Ditch Digging Yasper! Glad you shared that with me. I got myself into a university after the walk, learned I have a brain, and have a richer view of the world for it. That "everything I need to know is right here in my Bible" attitude is so limiting, and as I recall, quite the investment of one's time and mental resources. It is a big interesting world out there and we only go around once. If I meditated I would feel like I was back in the walk, but I know a lot of people like it. Changed Again, I very much enjoy that you like my username here. I chuckle at it all the time. I have a couple of questions about recent posts: What is the Fred and Ethel project? And the "Time to celebrate, 100 pages of free thought..." post--what is that about?

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: October 28, 2014 01:38AM

Shmamp –

The “Fred” and “Ethel” projects were (and are) what the local LW church office is obligated to prepare each year and turn into APCO. It is a full end-of-the-year financial (and tax) report of all the income and expenses of the local church. It often involves a complete detailed inventory of all assets at the local church. Everything is counted and written down in a ledger, all the way down to the number of paper clips laying in a desk drawer. It keeps a lot of people busy for many, many hours. (Similar to ditch-digging at Shiloh)

The 100-page celebration has to do with the number of pages on this forum. Look up at the upper right corner. That’s usually where the page number is. In my browser, we are at page 100. Yipee !!!!! Honk a horn. Blow a balloon up . Stick a firecracker into the center wheel of a LW cassette and light it up. : )

Date: October 28, 2014 01:58AM

Paleface--Ha ha, will do!

Date: October 28, 2014 09:20AM

paleface Wrote:

The “Fred” and “Ethel” projects were (and
are) what the local LW church office is obligated
to prepare each year and turn into APCO.

I only remember the "Lucy" and "Ethel" project which involved one of the girls working in accounting at the Living Word Bldg misrepresenting our income (which was zero) on verification forms so we could apply for credit cards. Yes some of us lived off of credit cards to spread Steven's living word.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: October 28, 2014 11:23AM

The gates of hell have prevailed: Super Apostle accumulates 35 million in assets while his sheep are living on plastic based on known falsification of income. If I were God I wouldn’t validate this type of so called “apostle” with an early resurrection either.

Date: October 28, 2014 11:48AM

So no early resurrection for Super Apostle! Nicely put, FCSLC! An ex-walker I met randomly a couple of weeks ago was so in love with Stevens I had to wonder why he left the walk. He rather irritatedly said that Stevens never made much money as though that is a rumor spread by the disgruntled. How do we know what Stevens was worth, by the way? Has anyone ever gotten their hands on his tax returns, divorce records, will, bank statements, etc? Anybody ever actually trace where all that money for property came from, or verified where his assets went after his divorce and death? Was ownership held mostly in his name or in the Living Word?

Current Page: 100 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.