Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 03, 2020 04:12AM

True, kBOY.
I like how Woodrow Nichols (sp) characterized the intercession: "It was like a pep rally in an insane asylum."
(something like that)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: February 03, 2020 05:01AM

C H A N G E D

"It was like a pep rally in an insane asylum." How embarrassing does that sound now.

Making the whole world the 'enemy of GOD' that must be vanquished by force (violent intercession) was just one more aberrant extreme we all helped to 'normalize'.

Quite a different approach from the 'loaves & fishes' and the Sermon on the Mount.

Date: February 04, 2020 01:19AM

Post by 'Paleface' from March of 2014:

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 25, 2014 03:20AM

John S. (the former Palmer Lake pastor) tells kids at the Shiloh summer camp “let me be a REAL father to you, since your blood father isn’t able to be that for you.” Some kids bite at this bait and it is very destructive to their families. Eventually, most kids get wise to this when the time comes where they are in need of a father and John S is nowhere to be found.

The Living Word leaders call this practice “Second Parenting”. But I’ve now heard it more accurately called “Replacement Parenting”. One of the most destructive traits of the Living Word. This screams “cult” like a siren in the night.

Date: February 04, 2020 06:23AM

C H A N G E D

This was just one more iteration of Elijah/Elisha, Paul/Timothy, DR (designated relationship) insanity that wreaked so much havoc across the TLW landscape.

Worse still, it helped to solidify a culture of perpetual dependency where maturity was held out just far enough as something that would never be attained; classic carrot & stick.

One could also characterize it as the human version of a surveillance environment, where actions were closely monitored for the sake of the 'greater cause'.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 04, 2020 07:46AM

Replacement parenting, designated relationships, submission...so much crazy, and so much damage that will never be acknowledged by the perpetrators.

kBOY: One could also characterize it as the human version of a surveillance environment, where actions were closely monitored for the sake of the 'greater cause'.

Perpetual 1984. : (

Date: February 05, 2020 02:30AM

kBOY:
One could also characterize it as the human version of a surveillance environment, where actions were closely monitored for the sake of the 'greater cause'.

Yes, the 'greater cause' being the need of a very few to control and enrich themselves at the expense of the rank and file.

BTW, on a positive note, I hear significant progress is being made in the independent investigation initiated in the fall of 2018, conducted by independent investigators, independent of former church leaders. I do remain hopeful that the independent results will be released soon for our independent examination. That is, of course, we don't possess an independent spirit...in which case we will likely be denied access to the independent findings.

Date: February 05, 2020 02:57AM

10,763 comments
1,501,000 page views

Next time someone tells me to "get a life"--probably within the next half hour or so--I will respond with "I do have a life. I participate in an online discussion group about a small cult!"
That will put them in their place.
/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 03:00AM by changedagain.

Date: February 05, 2020 03:49AM

C H A N G E D

1,501,000 page views. Who thought we would ever be that popular, even in our downfall?

I do not believe that The Walk in its finest hour was ever as big in total numbers that some of these present-day megachurches are. With that in mind, who are all of these 1,500,000 peeping Tom's?

Date: February 05, 2020 04:26AM

No idea, kBOY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 04:27AM by changedagain.

Date: February 05, 2020 06:24AM

A post by FilthyApron from November of 2-14:

Posted by: filthy apron ()
Date: November 01, 2014 03:51PM

I'm a part of the much maligned 3rd generation (LOL) so most of those names I recognize but were not around when I was in Colorado. My parents came into the church in 1971 at Grace Chapel and also attended Church of His Holy Presence in Anaheim. Once my dad was out of the service he was "commissioned" to go to Wynne, Arkansas with Brother Bush, The church moved to Memphis TN sometime in I think 1975?? After that stint we moved to Shiloh and I attended Centers of Learning for 2nd and part 3rd grade.
I found an old report card that was hysterical no grades or progress reports academically but a boat load of info on how my independent spirit was a hindrance and how I needed to be educated on becoming part of the upward flow, learn to sing in the spirit and recognize auras. WOW that's a lot to ask of a 7 year old.
ANYWAY after surviving Shiloh and the Victory Siege (and yes I remember violent intercession, CODE RED calls on the intercom and 4 square in the sanctuary) scary times. After Shiloh we moved to Colorado and that's when a whole other lifetime of crazy began.
I spent many years bitter and scared and even now a little piece of me is afraid to hit post and I'm a 43 year old grown up! LOL
BUT I'm a rebel always have been to some extent apparently, so THEY can bring it on.
I'm still a believer and talk to God everyday ALTHOUGH I have yet to be able to enter a church without wanting to retch and run far away.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.