Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: January 23, 2020 01:28PM

I know that many families had donated family inheritance for the specific purpose of a nursing home. ( Designated funds.) I had called around for lawyers in Iowa but got no one so far interested in taking a case.

Can you give me tips on the wording on where to find the correct legal avenue to pursue it, FireWalker of anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: January 23, 2020 01:50PM

thank you Firewalker.

I think I understand what you are saying. So many thing bothered me for decades- so glad to get it out where ever I flashback.

FYI My typing gets worse every year.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 24, 2020 12:00AM

I've noticed that even owning a Hawaiian beachfront home, voluntarily maintained by church servants, is no guarantee you won't have a 'bad spirit.'
(astute observation of the day)

Posted by: FireWalker ()
Date: January 24, 2020 01:10AM

NancyB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that many families had donated family
> inheritance for the specific purpose of a nursing
> home. ( Designated funds.) I had called around for
> lawyers in Iowa but got no one so far interested
> in taking a case.
>
> Can you give me tips on the wording on where to
> find the correct legal avenue to pursue it,
> FireWalker of anyone?

State and county bar associations often have directories of attorneys and the area of law within which they practice (Google the applicable state or county).

If you live near a law school, they may also have free clinics (But those clinics may also have narrow focus like domestic violence or housing).

Talk to each other. If you and a local friend have the same kind of experiences, consider moving forward together.

Date: January 24, 2020 05:28AM

There have been at least a few people who have forward on RR to complain about donations being redirected by ministries without the donor's consent. The post below is referring to an offering taken for the family of Bob McClane at his memorial service. The money ended up going into the 'Apostolic travel fund'...since (apparently) that is Bob would have wanted. I guess the ministry who made this decision knew Bob more intimately than Bob's own flesh and blood did.

Posted by: Invisible
Date: September 18, 2014

I was told that at the end a memorial service, a love offering was taken up for the children of the man who had died. After the memorial service was over , when one of the family members went to the ministry who was in charge of the love offering, to get the love offering given for them - instead of receiving the offering taken up for the children, they were told by the ministry in charge of the offering , that it was being given to the apostolic travel fund, because that is what their father would have wanted.

One of the men who was not a member of the church, who attended the memorial service privately gave an envelope with his gift of money for the man's children, directly to one of the man's children, saying to her, that, "he wanted to make sure they received his gift, so he did not put it in the offering plate."

Interesting how a non member went about giving his gift directly and privately to one of the man's children for the children of the family - rather than putting his gift for the family,in the collection plate.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 24, 2020 11:28PM

C H A N G E D

Following the $$$ scenarios in TLW has seemed to have been an impressive shell-game/black hole, where the sources for all the $$$ were never allowed to know where it went, and don't even THINK about asking.

Please pony up $40 if you plan on attending for the MH memorial . . .

Date: January 25, 2020 01:21AM

kBOY wrote:
Following the $$$ scenarios in TLW has seemed to have been an impressive shell-game/black hole, where the sources for all the $$$ were never allowed to know where it went, and don't even THINK about asking.

Yes, asking questions can lead to the threat of physical harm. Best just to be docile/obedient. In any event, 'The Lord' will work everything out ;)

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: January 25, 2020 11:55AM

Look! A brand new "master plan" for the Shiloh property.

[thenews-ia.com]?

Date: January 25, 2020 11:48PM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look! A brand new "master plan" for the Shiloh
> property.
>
>
> [thenews-ia.com]?

Thanks, JJJ. We'll see how it unfolds. As we know, plans vs. execution have often been divergent in TLWF history. Any idea who the developer is?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 26, 2020 02:17AM

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: January 24, 2020 08:55PM

Look! A brand new "master plan" for the Shiloh property.

[thenews-ia.com]

I wonder if they will make posters out of this master plan? Then we can all buy them and hang them on the wall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2020 02:26AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.