Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: January 21, 2020 03:26AM

When I first left the church, I had heard about how John Miller got screwed over. Well, I think that if he had any integrity, he would have done everything to help people he had harmed or the church had harmed and he knew. He is self preserving as well as wanting to be the big man. so the fact that he has stepped over bleeding people to keep his own ass in tact is telling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hopeandlove ()
Date: January 21, 2020 10:40AM

Yes Firewalker and Cloudwatcher
I agree with you both but trying to make sense of John Miller who has demonstrated narcissistic behavior through the many years is a waste of time and energy in my opinion.Yes he played a major part in promoting the culture of TLW. A narcissist shows a lack of remorse,empathy culpability or forgiveness. If they do show signs of this it is to benefit themselves. Remember what John said in Alaska to a group of people that he was the remnant in San Diego all through tears running down his face poor guy! Have fun skiing in a few weeks John with your family and your sympathetic relationships that get the privilege of cooking all your meals cleaning then have the privilege of sleeping on the floor!

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:17AM

Thank you, Cloudwatcher and hopeandlove:

Your recent posts concerning JM are soooooooooo liberating.

Posted by: hopeandlove ()
Date: January 21, 2020 12:02PM

FCSLC Thank you! Your comment means everything to me have a good night and don't let the bedbugs bite!:)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 22, 2020 12:13AM

hopeandlove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCSLC Thank you! Your comment means everything to
> me have a good night and don't let the bedbugs
> bite!:)

WE BIND THE BEDBUGS!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 01:07AM

A post by 'Invisible' from October of 2013:

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: October 16, 2013 12:34PM

Around 1971 we began receiving phone calls at our home at any hour of the night - to pray for John Stevens, because he was under demonic spiritual attack by his wife Martha. We were told at that time, not to say anything to any one about this, because only certain one's were being contacted to pray for John, The idea was conveyed to us that the church was not mature enough to handle the knowledge of the kind of assault that was taking place against John by his wife, n his own house.

I don't remember us being woken up more than about three or four times between 1 and 3 O'clock in the morning, over a period of a few months time. We were told that Martha was verbally attacking John. It was presented to us as if Martha was being aggressively evil toward John and John was suffering. However we were never told what Martha was upset about. Nor did we think to ask, we were just concerned about the well being of John.

I do not know how many people were being contacted like this and for this purpose but it was conveyed to us, that there were others also being called - to pray and be a support for John against Martha. Every time John and Martha were having a major argument between them during that period of time, we were called - with a one sided story about what Martha was doing against John.

Evidently John and Martha had problems in their relationship with one another but the real problem they had, I believe was, that other people were in their personal business and those people were at work, taking sides together and creating a support for John Steven's against his wife and they were taking steps to influence many other people against Martha, which worked to undermine the marriage and relationship John and Martha had as husband and wife.

Whether John invited them into his & Martha's personal life or whether they invited themselves into his & Martha's personal life, I don't know but one thing is for sure, he went along with the sympathy and the support he was receiving for himself against his wife, from those who were closest to him, who were outside of his own family.

This kind of activity I believe led to it later being said (in secret) that Martha was a Nephilim. Martha was the first person in the church to be condemned, as if she were a powerful demonic spirit and spiritual force set to destroy her husband in the privacy of their own home, as a man of God.

After the these first phone calls' we received in 1971, and about 9 years later, in 1980, Martha divorced John.

And I heard many, many, years later that one of the Steven's family members had said, that Martha was still confessing her love for John, long after John had died, even until Martha died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2020 01:08AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 22, 2020 03:42AM

C H A N G E D

Martha was probably tired of JRS and Marilyn 'making eyes' at one another, and all the time they were spending together 'editing the word'.

Don't forget about all those Holy Jim Canyon respites (alone, of course) that were so important after a busy weekend of promoting false prophecies.

Date: January 22, 2020 11:12PM

True, kBoy.

Date: January 22, 2020 11:20PM

And this one by 'Invisible' from April 2017 (below).
note: I don't recall anything about providing a detailed financial statement to church leaders. Perhaps I had left by that point. I think others in this forum have confirmed that happened, though:

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: April 29, 2017 11:52AM

Many of us continued to be naive for much of our youth - we discounted ourselves as much less important than what we believed we were supporting and investing our years, our lives and our finances the vision that had been given to us, as a people.

As church members we naively believed that the years of our personal sacrifice, our free voluntary labor, frequent offerings, double tithing, and pledges we made over the years to pay off the South Gate church property - we thought what we were giving to and towards - personally belonged to all of us - together. It was a state of heart but it was not realistic, prudent, or sensible.

In reality, we really did not have a say in whatever was decided by those who owned the S.G. Church. We did not have any real say in what the owners of the property should or should not do, could or could not do with the property.

By giving most of our all - to the church for years, many of us did not buy homes for ourselves or our families, we did not build for ourselves or our own individual futures - but those of us who did own or were purchasing homes - the leadership in the late 1980's had the Gall to ask and to inspire anyone who would be willing to will and to give their homes to The Living Word upon their death - they asked for their homes be given to TLW - for FREE with out saying the words (for free) . Also stating that the services of the law offices would help draw up the necessary legal paper work for these members.

Prior to asking the members to will their homes to TLW - with enough time lapsing between - was that the ministry asked the members of the church at a S. G. service to give them a detailed personal financial statement - letting them know how much money they were earning - including details of what they were tithing, including all the debts and expenses they were paying out each month.

Some of the members must not have been turning in a financial statement to the ministry because it was brought up again at another service that every one needed to turn this in. Stupid, naive me! I had already turned my hand written statement in!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 23, 2020 12:01AM

After already exacting pounds of our flesh over decades, they saw no problem in requesting that any other valuable 'body-parts' be made available for their coffers.

In retrospect, the lack of transparency is/was impressive. In fact, the entire culture operated out of secrecy.

"Do you trust us?" was always the go-to line, coupled with the inference "how dare you ask such a question".

Upward flow, a n y o n e ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 12:05AM by kBOY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.