Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 19, 2020 01:47AM

Hi Firewalker,
I welcome anyone who I perceive operates in good faith, as I sense you do.
Disagreements with those that manipulate a conversation to arrive at an acceptable conclusion, I try to stay clear of.
I think in the 12 years or so I have written in this forum, I have only complained to the moderator about one person...a troll who insinuated that one of our most credible posters was a neph, and that I had joined the church of Satan. That latter accusation was true, but it still pissed me off /s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 01:52AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 19, 2020 01:50AM

p.s. I too am an agnostic--but respect anyone who treats others decently.

Date: January 19, 2020 02:03AM

my note to the moderator (June, 2018)

> I've been a frequent poster in this particular for
> um for over ten years (I believe). Up until this
> time I've refrained from requesting that anyone be
> banned from this board, no matter how much I meet
> disagree with their opinion. I've put up with a l
> ot of aggravation because I value the principle of
> free speech, assuming somewhat is not motivated ju
> st to cause trouble (disrupt/undermine the discuss
> ion). I consider the poster N*********ed, who j
> oined this site a little over a year ago, to be in
> this latter category. He has been nothing but a di
> visive, contentious force since coming aboard. If
> he/she is not working on behalf of the cult, he is
> doing its work nonetheless. He has not
> only systematically personally attacked me since
> he's come aboard, but many of the contributors who
> se writing and truthfulness I most value...exposin
> g the pernicious practices of this cult. In one of
> his posts, he actually admitted getting info from
> someone still in the cult. Now I think he is, at b
> est, collaborating with this person(s)...or a plan
> t from the very beginning. BTW, a number of people
> in this forum have contacted me privately with the
> same suspicion, people who I consider rational, de
> cent and honest. Therefore, I am strongly urging t
> hat he be banned from participating again on this
> forum. Given all this, it is my recommendation N**
> *****ed be banned from this forum, and not all
> owed to return.
> Thank You.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 02:04AM by changedagain.

Date: January 19, 2020 02:56AM

BTW, I did get a prompt, pleasant response from the moderator. My TLWF conditioning led to believe he might respond with something like this:
'I don't want your sh*t on my calendar.'
What a relief.

Date: January 19, 2020 02:57AM

From September of 2018:

Posted by: I_woke_up ()
Date: September 07, 2018 06:08PM

I grew up and still reside in the small town of Kalona, Iowa (where Shiloh is). I came in to the Fellowship as a young child (my parents and one sibling are still involved). Until I left the organization a couple years ago, it was all I knew. At what point did I realize I was in a cult? I started questioning things when I started seeing a therapist for a health issue. Whenever I discussed comments I was receiving from “church” my therapist (who was Christian) would say “tell me again, what kind of church is this?” “I’m a Christian, and I don’t believe that.” I feel naive saying this now, but I was like “Really? You mean, my pain isn’t caused because I don’t pray hard enough?” (yes, I was told that!)

In addition to therapy, I was prescribed meditation as a means to deal with my chronic pain. During one of my meditations, I had a profound spiritual experience. Well, my naive self thought who better to talk to about a spiritual experience than ones pastors? I couldn’t have been more wrong. I don’t know what I was expecting… validation, maybe? Instead, I got what I will call a “deer in headlights” reaction. I really don’t remember all of what was said but I do remember how they made me feel! Like shit!!! I don’t think they had any idea what I was talking about.. I regretfully assumed, as “pastors” they would probably have had similar experiences and could relate. NOPE! I left feeling like, something must be wrong with me. To be perfectly honest, I was so brainwashed with this “elemental spirit” shit that I thought maybe I was crazy and “tapped” into something weird.. My husband (who didn’t grow up in TLWF) was my saving grace. He said, “are you kidding? I’ve never seen you happier!” He encouraged me to keep doing whatever I was doing because I was happy! Believe it or not, this had never occurred to me. Follow happiness? What? Really? I can do that?

The more I “followed my heart” (sounds cheesy but true) the more I was like, “I never believed most of this stuff anyway!” Why am I still going? Pain can be a funny thing. It’s a sure fire way to get rid of the “SHIT” in your life. Now.. I’m grateful for it.

Oh, I forgot to add.. During all this.. when planning a dinner out with the lead pastors of Shiloh, my husband was going to send the pastor’s wife a meeting request and she told him, “I don’t want your shit on my calendar.”

Sincerely,

I_woke_up

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 19, 2020 04:25AM

F I R E w a l k e r

A highly commendable summation of your belief system, most of which I agree with.

TLW, and Christianity in general, have done an impressive job in souring the relationship we have with that 'still small voice', which represents SPIRIT and not flesh (another belief system, I know).

This entire forum actually has little or nothing to do with our CREATOR, and everything to do with a false narrative pitched on 'its' behalf, with all the attendant abuses.

Religion/fear is a black hole. SPIRIT/LOVE is the LIGHT. (Sorry moderator.)

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 19, 2020 04:48AM

I w o k e U P

(If you are listening . . .)

That is such a disheartening account, especially with regards to having your spiritual experience completely discounted probably by someone who never had one of their own.

With the devolution of the 'spiritually focused' JRS era (along with the fantasies and hallucinations) into the strictly controlled hierarchy of the G&M era, where any 'spiritual anomalies' were a threat to heavy-handed control, experiences such as yours became less frequent to almost non-existent, especially on the leadership level.

Worse still, much of the focus of the leadership devolved into having experiences of the flesh and not the SPIRIT.

No wonder this train-wreck occurred.

Posted by: FireWalker ()
Date: January 19, 2020 05:22AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Firewalker,
> I welcome anyone who I perceive operates in good
> faith, as I sense you do.
> Disagreements with those that manipulate a
> conversation to arrive at an acceptable
> conclusion, I try to stay clear of.
> I think in the 12 years or so I have written in
> this forum, I have only complained to the
> moderator about one person...a troll who
> insinuated that one of our most credible posters
> was a neph, and that I had joined the church of
> Satan. That latter accusation was true, but it
> still pissed me off /s

Hi changedagain,

It sounds like you had a well founded reason to report and that it wasn't done in haste, as a solely anger reactionary move, or without the troll's own behavior supporting it.

But again your comment made me think of another bias disclosure: I have been accused of trolling various tlwf Facebook and Twitter accounts. However. I don't call it trolling (well I did call it trolling once as a joke) because it's done in my own name on Facebook and my Twitter feed is my own name with a couple of numbers at the end. So I don't think I fit the definition of troll in the classic sense of an anonymous trouble maker.

And even if I am a troll of sorts, I make no apologies for social media debates with people like Allan Fetherston, Carol Baker, Diana Jo, or others who remain fully entrenched and supportive of tlwf and jrs dogma.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 05:25AM by FireWalker.

Posted by: FireWalker ()
Date: January 19, 2020 05:30AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This entire forum . . . everything to do with
> a false narrative pitched on 'its' behalf, with
> all the attendant abuses.
>

Hi kBOY,

I should have hung out here more then to have exposure to the LIGHT and LOVE.

Which reminds me of a line from one of my favorite songs: "Sometimes darkness can show you the light."

Perhaps we will all rewrite the darkness of the past someday. I'm still working on my rewrite for sure.

JP

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 19, 2020 08:15AM

Changedagain and FireWalker...on being agnostic. I appreciate your viewpoints very much. I haven't yet settled on a good label for my current beliefs, other than that I want to be a good human being who treats others with respect. That is far more than any apostles, lamps, or other sundry TLWF leaders did for us. Maybe if they could have tried just being good human beings, rather than God's mouthpieces, they would have operated with far more humility and love.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.