Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 18, 2019 02:11AM

Reep wrote:
We were kept so busy repenting for having a "wrong spirit" all the time that we didn't notice what the leaders and others were doing."

The worst spirits were in top leadership, but I doubt they spent much time repenting. They were too busy guilt-tripping other members of the fellowship about their supposed lack of dedication...and enjoying the perks of being "Christ in the Flesh."
Anyway, I could elaborate on this subject of hypocrisy, but I need to get back to counting paper clips. I do this at the end of every year to make sure family members are not ripping off supplies from my office. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 02:12AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: December 18, 2019 03:17AM

Hello, gang. It's been a VERY long time since I last posted. It will take me a while to get current in postings. But I'm glad to have found y'all again, espectially with the collapse of TLWF. One of my daughters is part of the lawsuit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 03:24AM by TheSarge.

Date: December 18, 2019 03:27AM

Welcome back, TheSarge.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 18, 2019 06:48AM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: December 17, 2019 11:11AM

The worst spirits were in top leadership, but I doubt they spent much time repenting. They were too busy guilt-tripping other members of the fellowship about their supposed lack of dedication...and enjoying the perks of being "Christ in the Flesh."
Anyway, I could elaborate on this subject of hypocrisy, but I need to get back to counting paper clips. I do this at the end of every year to make sure family members are not ripping off supplies from my office. ;)

I could elaborate about the abject hypocrisy too, changedagain. Like, how GH blamed the sheep for JRS' death? With what we have learned recently, I can think of several reasons why G&M should have wondered if they were the cause of his demise. That is, if they really believed all that hocus pocus mumbo jumbo they spouted continuously...for instance, that one human can kill another by thinking the wrong thought or not praying hard enough.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 18, 2019 06:49AM

Welcome back, Sarge!

Date: December 18, 2019 08:48AM

Reep wrote:
for instance, that one human can kill another by thinking the wrong thought or not praying hard enough.

I wonder if a human can kill someone by praying too hard or being too intense. I've heard of TLWF intercessors with fire in the eyes (literally), warning others to give them space during prayer, because they might inadvertently blow them away. I never got one of those warnings, but if I did, I would leave the service immediately and drive to Palm Springs to chill. Well, at least that option would cross my carnal mind.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 18, 2019 04:04PM

Let us not forget that JRS' passing also brought down Satan--until it didn't. It is funny how all these years we interceded for 'resurrection life', and yet the only one who was a beneficiary was Satan him/herself--or so we are told.

Date: December 19, 2019 08:28AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let us not forget that JRS' passing also
> brought down Satan--until it didn't. It is
> funny how all these years we interceded for
> 'resurrection life', and yet the only one who was
> a beneficiary was Satan him/herself--or so we are
> told.

I wonder if Gary ending church hierarchy brought down Satan again, or inadvertently brought him back for yet another round of fierce battle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2019 08:29AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 19, 2019 11:31PM

Speaking of 'fierce battle', one has to now wonder if all the battle-cries for intercession, especially in the JRS era, had nothing to do with 'spiritual warfare' and everything to do with the alcohol-laced deep guilt and depression over all the indiscretions (both sexual and financial) that had been building up over the decades, along with the growth of the con this whole charade had developed into by the time the 70s rolled around and many of us signed up on the dotted line.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: December 20, 2019 01:28PM

Reepicheep: "Wrong spirit" I think was "projection" and gas-lighting as they had us all chasing our tails.

Smoke and mirrors illusions. Much like Shop-lifters who create a diversion over here so no one sees the shop-lifter, over there,is slipping a stereo under their coat.

Makes me want to barf. I learned in The Walk to stop trusting my gut. And how about you? did you stop trusting your gut feelings, too?

Until recently in all too many situations where I 'misplaced" things like money or nice household goods-it turns out that I had not misplaced anything. Here;s my personal anecdote as an simple example.

Personally, we had employees sent our to our home from nursing agencies to care for my disabled relative. A lot good stuff like new socks, or new towels or money just disappeared. it would take a while to search for the missing things while wondering, 'Where are my good towels? Didn't I just buy you 12 pairs of new black socks? I had a $100 bill to pay for this ride to Denver. How could I lose $100 out of my wallet? I never left the our home in days. The money had to be at home but, where?"

Turns out I had not lost money from my wallet...I did not leave my towels in the dryer...We had thieves in the house. People who were sent to work doing nursing care - we were supposed to trust them. Angels of Mercy who were very quick to cover up lies and keep me confused /distracted.

No thief ever said, 'Yes, I found your missing money when I went through your purse. BTW I hid your purse behind the chair to trow you off the track, by make you eel like you've lost your mind."

Thieves, con artist get 'rush" playing the game hid and seek at your expense.
In TLWF they used the black mail card because they knew our secrets to get into our purse to see what was in "wallets" on top of keeping us so exhausted and busy we never had time to look for what was stolen from our personal spaces.

On a personal level, again, as an example We had nursing assistant work in our who were thieves. A con/ thief/ a fraud will move things around to keep us busy looking for misplaced items that were stolen not misplaced... That technique is a Very basic con compared to the complex fraud of TLWF /M & G.

I needed to write this our for my self to more fully grasp how I feel we survivors got ripped. It is so simple, but, I feel so dumb!

Who really wants to doubt people who are doing something "good' for you? We sheep trusted too much the stranger in our homes who going our purses with some lame excuse when their hand is caught in the bag. "Look! there's a squirrel!"

Have we ever really wondered why M & G were in our "private spaces" to begin with? We did not hire them to be our pastors. we did not interview them, did we? They were kind of like employees we were supposed to trust. they showed up at our heart's doors because "God the nursing care agency", who would fix all our ails, sent them to our home/church????

I think leadership got a power and control 'rush' from the games they played keeping hands busy at our expense. "Idle hands are the devil workshop" kind of threat- busy work makes you look like you're not playing with Satan in the religious mind set.

I had learned in The Walk to NOT trust my gut. Now I am more in tune with trusting my gut.

Now, When I feel like something is off and I'm chasing my tail, I have to sit down and think- break it down- what is really happening? Why did this person make me feel __? This action may be a distraction from something they don't want me to know. Man do I feel so dumb for things for dismissing my better judgement after the fact.
Are you all feeling dumb, too from the Living Word?

TLWF Keeping us busy with our backs turned -eyes looking away form the wrongful acts so "we did not know where we were at" is a basic con job.

It's too bad that us nice people were never trained with skills to know when we are being conned. Most people hate to admit they got defrauded.

Alcoholic and drug uses are very good at distractions. Spies in movies are good at distractions to get people to look the other way and feel good about it when getting infiltrated and robbed. They leave us chasing our tails and we think the problem is our fault when It not...

I wish some one would have taught me that not everyone has our best interest at heart no matter what they say. JRS, Marilyn and Gary, Rick, etc did not have our best interest at heart - they just kind of showed up to take over the job as aI see it. They kept us busy chasing our tails with and guilt ridden so we were too busy to see them rip us off. Or may it is just me?

Sorry I'm so verbose trying to work thing out for my own clarity

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2019 01:54PM by NancyB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.