Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 17, 2019 09:10PM

Nor am I conflicted. I agree with everything you wrote, 40yearsin2016.
I too am waiting for an audit of Hargrave Ministries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 17, 2019 09:12PM

#ShilohSeniorHousing
#RedGolfCart

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 17, 2019 09:23PM

We know it took a while for the Zalkin (sp?) Law Firm to file their lawsuit on behalf of the three brave women, and hopefully that suit will also pursue an investigation into all the associated financial shenanigans that Hargrave Ministries most assuredly have been engaged in going all the way back to the JRS era.

I don't expect it to be raining $$$ any time soon . . .

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: September 17, 2019 10:21PM

Posted by: 40yearsin2016
Date: September 25, 2018 03:07PM

Ok I'll play...

but instead of filling in a questionnaire, Here's what I require for my healing.

Amy should, being charged the responsibility since "Gary doesn't want to get involved":

1 - Read this forum - all 689 pages
2 - Read Woodrow Nichols book - all of it.

Based on that research generate a list of questions to be read from the pulpit on Sunday AM. Give the church leadership one week to respond in writing.

Next, Amy should post a notice on the bulletin board in the lobby of each church encouraging current members affected by sexual abuse within the church to call local hotlines (numbers provided) as well as local legal authorities. Independent legal counsel should to be funded by "Hargrave Ministries"

oh, I'm not done.

Finally, in support of my healing, Amy should commission and independent forensic audit of "Hargrave Ministries". Document all assets. Identify historic sources of those assets. Identify any IRS gaps. Document sources of income for "Hargrave Ministries" for as many years as the documents support. Forensic audit should be published publically, a link supplied on this forum would aide in my healing...

Date: September 17, 2019 04:44AM

Just a quick note to let you know... I'm not the least bit conflicted.

My response to church leadership asking for us to fill out a questionnaire regarding grievances was never acted upon. Instead shortly after, they got a a FB smackdown.

I never asked that they close their doors but I'm ok with that. I never asked that criminal indictments would be initiated, but I'm ok with that too. I did ask for an audit of Hargrave Ministries - I'm still waiting for that...

You nailed it, 40yearsin2016! A month after your post in September 2018, Shalom's post went viral and blew up FB with people who had previously been afraid to confront evil head on posting their own stories of abuse at the hands of TLWF leaders. The post heard 'round the world.

I'm not conflicted either, just trying to hold perpetrator's feet to the fire. Uncovering financial fraud seems like a logical step to me too. And we wait...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 10:36PM by Reepicheep.

Date: September 18, 2019 08:03AM

Excerpt from a post by 40yearsin2016:

Date: November 02, 2015 05:37AM

John's preaching was quite schizo. in the late 70's. On the one hand he was preaching love, forgiveness and reconciliation. On the other hand he encouraged death prayers against real and imagined enemies.

There was not munch "turning the other cheek" in John Robert Stevens. He preached inclusiveness and "faith for all men" on one hand and on the other you were either "in" or you were "out" and if you were "out" you were really "out". In hindsight, a great deal of false humility.

He delivered Words about the not elevating the man (I'm just a vessel), then when the adoration was blatant, he was obviously feeding off it... Children don't learn what they hear, they learn what the see... God bless the little ones and RIP John, we loved you anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2019 08:05AM by changedagain.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 18, 2019 05:39PM

C H A N G E D

"RIP John, we loved you anyway" by 40YEARS is an important statement in the light of all the revelations that have risen to the surface.

He is right to point out the early dismissive focus on the flesh, which if it had stopped right there, The Walk/TLW may have had a less pernicious outcome. Once you start to glorify any body, nothing good ever comes of it.

The FORGIVENESS factor ("we love you anyway") should take center stage in dealing with all manner of flesh. PERFECT LOVE does cover a multitude of transgressions, and since no one actually crucified us, we can take our example from someone who was.

Date: September 18, 2019 10:57PM

God manages to love us, and yet have us face the consequences of our actions. These attributes are not mutually exclusive. Former TLWF leaders tend to muddy the waters...insinuating that if you are exhibiting love and forgiveness than would you drop any demand for accountability.
I know most of the regular contributors to this forum (as you do). I would characterize them as some of the most decent, fair and long-suffering people I've had the pleasure to interact with. If I could go back in time, I would put effort into getting them out of this cult, and sparing them the misery that unfolded. I'm certain you and your wife would do the same...it's just in your nature. You're 'good' people, even though Jesus said no one was good but the Father. You give a damn. And honestly, I would have little to no concern about the cult leaders themselves. I don't get off on being vindictive, nor would I support them in their misdeeds. I certainly would warn people not to invest in the silver mine, that it was a scam. Of course, it would be my word vs. the word of 'The Apostle,' so you know how that would go :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2019 11:17PM by changedagain.

Date: September 19, 2019 12:05AM

John Robert Stevens: I was transported seven years into the future and witnessed the Kingdom of God. I will tell you all about it.
Congregation: Amen!!!
ChangedAgain: I have come from the year 2019 with an urgent message. Get out of this cult. Don't waste your life here.
Congregation: Kill the Nephilim! Kill the Nephilim!!!

(that didn't go too well)

Date: September 19, 2019 12:37AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God manages to love us, and yet have us face the
> consequences of our actions.

has us

> Former TLWF leaders tend to muddy the waters...insinuating that if you are
> exhibiting love and forgiveness than would you drop any demand for accountability.

you would

(need coffee--now)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 12:39AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: September 19, 2019 06:51AM

Posted by: changedagain
Date: September 18, 2019 10:05AM

John Robert Stevens: I was transported seven years into the future and witnessed the Kingdom of God. I will tell you all about it.
Congregation: Amen!!!
ChangedAgain: I have come from the year 2019 with an urgent message. Get out of this cult. Don't waste your life here.
Congregation: Kill the Nephilim! Kill the Nephilim!!!

(that didn't go too well)

Sad, but true, Changed. Thanks for trying, anyway! ; )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 06:52AM by Reepicheep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.