Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 01:29AM

Only 21% chosen, and I fear it will get less as time goes on. If it actually goes the other direction, you will damn well hear about it. I might even post a video of me celebrating a Shabbat dinner with guilt-ridden friends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 30, 2019 02:56AM

1,090,158 page views to date...
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've mentioned anything about stats.
Don't correct me if I am wrong.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: June 30, 2019 04:15AM

Changed, thank you for the stats. Isn't that like 800,000 since 2016?

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: June 30, 2019 05:00AM

Just to add some factoids to our review of JRS trysting with Marilyn AND others... He had an apartment very near home (North Hollywood) that he went to on Monday and Tuesday nights every week he was in town. I don't know what facilities he had in Iowa or Hawaii for he and his girlfriend(s) to enjoy. Although Shiloh had a very nifty back stairway that went up to an office that had an entry into JRS' apartment.

I understood JRS' local apartment was across Ventura Bl. in No. Hollywood/Studio City.

The doctor/quack got to my mom in Washington, Iowa. My first visit to Iowa after my parents moved to Iowa in 1975 included my carrying a suitcase full of herbs and laetrile among other things because my mom was told she was pre-cancerous. She lived another 30+ years so maybe all those herbs helped - we will never know. But the quack faded off into the sunset and on to another bunch of easily convinced people. I never heard about him again. Did anyone else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2019 05:14AM by Onion.

Date: June 30, 2019 05:23AM

Cloudwatcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changed, thank you for the stats. Isn't that like
> 800,000 since 2016?

Yes--here's a post from May of 2016:

Posted by: changedagain
Date: May 09, 2016

205,590 page views to date...not that I pay attention to this kind of stuff

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: June 30, 2019 07:02AM

Something I have been noticing lately is how some people whom I love refuse to accept that anyone who has left are not hurting as much as the ones who have stayed, and that any one that left are somehow misinformed and have dropped off the front line and that God will deal with them. Amazing that and they are walking in the word and others do not know how to hear God. Under such deception they are. How much more has to come out before they see and accept the truth. Obviously nothing I can say or do will change their stance. Head in the sand.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 30, 2019 07:17AM

Posted by: Road to Damascus ()
Date: June 29, 2019 05:02PM

Something I have been noticing lately is how some people whom I love refuse to accept that anyone who has left are not hurting as much as the ones who have stayed, and that any one that left are somehow misinformed and have dropped off the front line and that God will deal with them. Amazing that and they are walking in the word and others do not know how to hear God. Under such deception they are. How much more has to come out before they see and accept the truth. Obviously nothing I can say or do will change their stance. Head in the sand.

That's very sad, Road to Damascus. :(

Date: June 30, 2019 08:45AM

Road to Damascus Wrote:

Misguided faith can be quite powerful. Thanks for sharing, and try to remain strong in a situation with your loved ones that appears hopeless. Your input is certainly welcome here. At one time or another it seems we've all been exasperated by the refusal of those we care about not seeing what should be obvious, to their own harm.

Date: June 30, 2019 12:04PM

From September of 2018:

Posted by: Road to Damascus
Date: September 02, 2018 05:50AM

Just a note to say that whenever blind obedience is required that should send up red flags. I think so many of us want to be accepted that we buy into the lie that says one can not question or voice concerns.

Date: June 30, 2019 10:42PM

Posted by kbyne September 2018:

Posted by: kbyrne
Date: September 19, 2018 09:49AM

rrmoderator:

"What you are describing is incredible control over people's lives with no boundaries whatsoever.

The only way to stop it is to leave the group. And groups like this make that very difficult by characterizing those who leave as "leaving God" and/or rejecting "God and His word." They make you feel that obedience to them is obedience to God and disobedience to them is disobedience to God."

So very true!

I don't know if I would have left but for feeling totally disillusioned after JRS died. The crazy thing, and the thing that set me on the path of finding this forum, was 2 years ago when my husband and I moved, I once again (like I had many times before) dragged my boxes of tapes, books, This Weeks, and personal ministries with me. I don't think in 35 years I had listened to a tape or read a This Week, yet I couldn't throw them out because somehow I felt if I threw them out, I was throwing out the word of God. I didn't have to attend services for the brainwashing to be there. However long it takes, like "Onion," I will keep peeling away the layers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.