Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 04, 2019 10:26PM

During the 1970s, this approximate quote was made by John Robert Stevens:

If they carry me out of here feet first, you'll know that this word wasn't true.

Truer words were never epoken by this leader. June 4th, 1983 should have been the end of The Living Word Fellowship. And yet the travestsy continued to torment members and devastate families for another 25 years.

Why? Money? Power? A springboard to what is hoped will be a world stage? Gary Hargrave, it needs to stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 10:31PM by Reepicheep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 05, 2019 01:56AM

It's been 35 years since 'The Apostle to the Kingdom' died. I don't know if he was 'carried out feet first,' but he most certainly died. Gary and Marilyn took control of the organization shortly thereafter, and made sure that every aspect of it benefited them personally ('upward flow'). Marilyn is now dead, and Gary--demonstrating that he was not simply her puppet--is continuing to pursue his ambitions. Woe to anyone that stands in his path.
Actually, I do think the tide has turned, and he will get his comeuppance. But whether it happens or not, I am thankful for everyone that has stepped forward through the years to mount a resistance to this predatory ministry, and those who protect him. It's meaningful work, and it has brought some healing to those who most need it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 02:08AM by changedagain.

Date: June 05, 2019 02:14AM

Oops! Thirty-five more years, not twenty-five...I must have lost ten. Actually I lost many more than ten years. :(

Date: June 05, 2019 03:07AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oops! Thirty-five more years, not twenty-five...

It's just 'The Apostle to the Kingdom.' Whether he has been dead 25 years, 35 years or we find out he perished last night in a Van Nuys' motel room--no biggie :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 03:27AM by changedagain.

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: June 05, 2019 06:30AM

This is an awesome video - what do you say to survivor of sexual abuse or any other survivor? "Just get over it," does NOT help. The speaker tells why people say unhelpful things to survivors.

Congratulations survivors! we survived to tell our stories.

[youtu.be]

Date: June 05, 2019 09:49PM

Reep wrote:
During the 1970s, this approximate quote was made by John Robert Stevens:

If they carry me out of here feet first, you'll know that this word wasn't true.

Truer words were never spoken by this leader. June 4th, 1983 should have been the end of The Living Word Fellowship

I recall the feverish prayers for John to return the ensuing year(s). Then the 'living word' declared that his death brought down Satan, so there was a general sense of fulfillment within the fellowship that he had not died in vain. But then gradually Satan made a return in 'living word' messages, suggesting once again that the job was not complete. The existence of this forum is actually evidence to some people that Satan has indeed returned, and is back to his nasty ways. I don't share that view. Well, some days I do, but they are few and far between.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 09:50PM by changedagain.

Date: June 06, 2019 10:01PM

Reepicheep Wrote:

Truer words were never epoken by this leader. June
4th, 1983 should have been the end of The Living
Word Fellowship. And yet the travesty continued
to torment members and devastate families.

Why? Money? Power? A springboard to what is hoped
will be a world stage? Gary Hargrave, it needs to
stop.

Who within the fellowship had the ability to put a stop to something without needing the approval of other "ministries?" I can't think of anyone (post-John) besides Gary and Marilyn. Is it possible given their propensity for monitoring everything that happened in their environment, they were somehow unaware of decades of sexual abuse involving people they were close to?

Date: June 06, 2019 11:09PM

changedagain
Who within the fellowship had the ability to put a stop to something without needing the approval of other "ministries?" I can't think of anyone (post-John) besides Gary and Marilyn. Is it possible given their propensity for monitoring everything that happened in their environment, they were somehow unaware of decades of sexual abuse involving people they were close to?

No, that is not possible.

Date: June 07, 2019 02:06AM

Posted approximately 4 hours ago:
'Lawsuits put Shiloh deal with Kalona in question'

by James Jennings, News Editor
kalonanews.com

[m.kalonanews.com]

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: June 07, 2019 03:14AM

I'm loving it. Too much intertwined mess even tho' they played with corporations.

Folks, "keep those cards and letters coming." There are far more of us who know the whole truth when we put our collective heads together than the few at the top of the pyramid can keep track of the fraud and lies.

Certainly Shiloh's future is in jeopardy. I understand the cemetery is over run with weeds- Gary needs to on his sun block and gloves and get out there and start pulling weeds, I guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.