Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: May 27, 2019 12:45AM

Amen. I am ecstatic that so many are free to get emotionally healed. The truth will set us free. It is liberating to finally speak up and be believed without anyone trying to hush us or give an excuse with crap kingdom terminology.

Gary and Rick could learn how to weed the yard or clean toilets all by themselves - a small price to pay for all the criminal acts and abuse. There are far more of us than there are of them - the truth will all come out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 27, 2019 12:52AM

Prettyboy, the Benders and Nisely were dear friends of my family. Glad you got to know them so well.

Date: May 27, 2019 12:58AM

YIKES Onion! Who knew? No checks and balances were there?

Date: May 27, 2019 01:07AM

that little red flag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Onion - after helping get TLWF's Accounting Manual
> out, I somehow got roped into doing the auditing
> (with another person), each churches' annual
> financial statements. I can so clearly remember
> being on a phone call with a husband and wife
> shepherding team in LA years ago. I saw several
> examples of expenditure items that didn't seem in
> line with the church's "mission statement" (I use
> that term loosely). When I questioned them, they
> put up a bit of a fight about answering. At some
> point during the call, one of the local overseers
> that monitored the annual reporting walked into
> the office and said that I needed to back off on
> my questions - i.e., stop asking any, and leave it
> alone. So much for objective accountability.

"Mission statement of the church" has to line of with how the funds are spent. I've never been clear why so many were OK with breaking law as a Christian.

For those dear people who are reading this forum holding on for dear life to the vision of alleged kingdom - do you feel comfortable about asking the current leadership to make all records available to former members?

If you would, please, that would satisfy somewhat our allegations of things like fraud in the church - would clear things up one way or another, don't you think?
If you don't feel comfortable about asking twlf ( or what ever corporate name they dba ) why not? Why are you in fear to know the truth? it will all come out in the wash eventually.

Date: May 27, 2019 01:16AM

Thanks that little red flag for the link.

I love this statement from that article, "The good news is “trauma research has discerned that survivors can heal and have little to no long-term effects if their community surrounds them with care and comfort.”

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 27, 2019 01:22AM

NancyB Wrote:

> Gary and Rick could learn how to weed the yard or
> clean toilets all by themselves - a small price to
> pay for all the criminal acts and abuse.

Perfect disciplinary action for each one of them. At least a starting point :)

p.s. they must perform their mandatory chores with a right spirit. Sulkiness is unacceptable!

Date: May 27, 2019 01:50AM

kbyrne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lilyrose said something once about how difficult
> it is to unlearn false and destructive teaching
> (so true). I would add, it's not always easy to
> recognize the false and destructive teaching. I
> don't call that being naive.
>
> In more recent years, I became a CASA (court
> appointed special advocate) for foster kids. It
> was difficult when you worked with a child that
> desperately wanted to be returned to their abusive
> parent or parents. Why would they want to do
> that? It was less about love and more about
> dependency, conditioning, and fear. I would never
> look at that child and say, "What's wrong with
> you, why would you want to do that?"
>
> Well, maybe we're not children, but I think many
> of us came into the walk with a child-like faith.
> We believed we found something real, something
> bigger than ourselves, and we wanted to serve. I
> don't think that was being naive. When it comes
> to abuse, in whatever form, blame lies in one
> place and one place only, at the doorstep of the
> abuser.

Valid points. Why would they want to return to an abusive home? Because we all feel most comfortable when we know the routine - what to expect. Leaving is terribly uncomfortable with so many unknown. "We" learned patterns of behavior of our abusers - we knew when to hide or to just brace our selves for the pain - even to disassociate. Going to what may be a safe home is uncertain. We don't know when to hide or stay quiet.

Brenda P did couples counseling in the early '80's when I was ordered by dhs to go to alanon. I was just learning ab out enabling an alcoholic. Brenda made a shocking statement to the group of couples, " we are children of an alcoholic". We learned to be co-dependent."

I have held that statement in my head. Kbbyne your insight on working with kids in the court is so very relevant to our healing. For the hanger- oners, unfortunately they have not realized how co-dependent they are . When they wake up to the fact we will be here for them. We will shun them like was done to our dying loved ones or the ones who chose to speak up and were branded. It will take a while to fix thinking that is like a scratched record in your heads.

Date: May 27, 2019 02:03AM

Exactly. Most of us give away too much information on the internet that is gathered.

Example: you know about the targeted ads on FB? A small business or a even a mega biz can focus on specific details of their target market when they set up and ad.
FB is just one example of social media that collects data. We agree to it when we sign up to use the Free Service. Most never read the TOS. We make our selves vulnerable by the key words we use - Orwell's 1984 seemed far fetched.

It is increasingly more clear that tlw collected all kind of data on us but not as sophisticated in the early days as is possible with computers. Watch the key words you use - it is easy to do a search engine search for even a not so expert to find out a lot about you and know how to target anyone as a victim. - with that said we can really get the message out there to other survivors of jrs and m & g of tlw who never really had any super spiritual powers.

Date: May 27, 2019 02:06AM

Exactly. Most of us give away too much information on the internet that is gathered.

Example: you know about the targeted ads on FB? A small business or a even a mega biz can focus on specific details of their target market when they set up and ad.
FB is just one example of social media that collects data. We agree to it when we sign up to use the Free Service. Most never read the TOS. We make our selves vulnerable by the key words we use - Orwell's 1984 seemed far fetched.

It is increasingly more clear that tlw collected all kind of data on us but not as sophisticated in the early days as is possible with computers. Watch the key words you use - it is easy to do a search engine search for even a not so expert to find out a lot about you and know how to target anyone as a victim. - with that said we can really get the message out there to other survivors of jrs and m & g of tlw who never really had any super spiritual powers.

One reason why people still stuck in the tlw muck why the pope doesn't want people engaging with our forums. If they did, the leaders can figure it out- not safe for them on the inside.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 27, 2019 02:14AM

NancyB wrote:
It is increasingly more clear that tlw collected all kind of data on us but not as sophisticated in the early days as is possible with computers. Watch the key words you use - it is easy to do a search engine search for even a not so expert to find out a lot about you and know how to target anyone as a victim.

Following John's death, I recall Marilyn admitting such on one of those restricted tapes that were required listening for some of us. She basically threatened those in TLW who were leaving the fellowship, letting them know she had sensitive info on many of them, and wouldn't hesitate using it should they speak out about her and/or the inner circle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2019 02:16AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.