Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 21, 2019 09:32AM

Onion wrote:
I believe many former leaders are biding their time, waiting to come back in to take back their position. It may have a new name, it may work a little different. But until those leaders come clean about what they have taken from the people through fraud and intimidation, any idea that they would get another chance to "do it again" is beyond what is tolerable. IMO.

I think you're correct & it's this prospect that pisses me off as much as anything. I didn't believe for a second that the dissolution of TLWF was due to any kind of reckoning, or remorse. I figured, and still do, it was still part of some manipulative strategy...biding time after the phony apology to regroup in some form, and continue on. The fact the letter from the Brazilian transition team mentioned the banishment of Silas & Shuma, but not his long-time overseer (Hargrave), set off an alarm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: May 21, 2019 09:51AM

Onion and changedagain,

I agree with your conclusions. Hopefully the only thing the leaders in question are actually accomplishing with their elaborate machinations is the rearranging of the deck chairs on the the Titanic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 09:58AM by Reepicheep.

Date: May 21, 2019 10:33PM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I agree with your conclusions. Hopefully the only
> thing the leaders in question are actually
> accomplishing with their elaborate machinations is
> the rearranging of the deck chairs on the the
> Titanic.

I'm not into this kind of thing, possessing little aptitude for woodworking, but for those who are there's an interesting article on popularwoodworking.com on how to build a reproduction of the deck chairs on the Titanic. Apparently two chairs survived the sinking, perhaps the only two that had a right spirit. These two chairs provide the basis for instructions on how to build a replica. I think it might be a pleasant way to spend some of your free time (should you have any), assuming you have rudimentary carpentry skills (common among ex-TLWFers). Once constructed and displayed, the chair can serve as a potential conversation starter.
Excerpt:
"Building a reproduction of one of the two known surviving chairs is anything but futile as you capture a piece of history and add an enduring piece of comfortable lounging furniture to the deck of your home (or trailer). Construction is more tedious than complicated, and two machines I found
indispensable were a band saw and an oscillating edge belt/spindle sander. With all the interior and exterior curves, a spindle sander is almost essential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2019 10:39PM by changedagain.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: May 23, 2019 12:11AM

If TLWF Ran the Titanic

First of all, likening TLWF to the Titanic seems apropos right now because it is sinking fast. Because of that fact, I got to thinking about what it would have been like to sail on the Titanic with TLWF leaders making all the rules.

There would have to be a special dining room for the leaders (hereafter to be known as “Apostoic Fathering Ministry or APCO”), or it least a platform so that they could be above everyone else. The finest china, silverware and crystal would grace this area, while the rest of the passengers (hereafter to be know as “sheep") would use plastic and paper.

The sheep would pay the passage of APCO, and their own way as well. But Apostolic Fathering Ministry would be housed in the finest private rooms with their families, while the sheep would be packed in dorm rooms with strangers, otherwise known as “steerage”. Private bathrooms would be for Apostolic Fathering Ministry, while communal bathrooms would be for sheep. Sheep would clean the communal rooms and bathrooms. Special sheep would clean the private rooms and bathrooms. Chosen sheep would also serve at the tables, wash and iron the clothing and juice the juice of Apostolic Fathering Ministry.

Sheep would do all the work as well as attend services several times a day. If they became ill or injured from the harsh conditions, they would be made to feel terrible. They would be told that they had a bad spirit and were shirking their responsibilities.

When the ship crashed against an iceberg, the sheep would be told to gather for violent intercession. A scapegoat (hereafter known as a Nephilim) would be identified. The Nephilim would be prophesied against and ostracized. Eventually this evil person would be thrown overboard.

While all this was happening, the Apostolic Fathering Ministry would be hurriedly getting themselves, their families and big donors (known as lead sheep) into the few available lifeboats. If any sheep noticed or became concerned about this behavior, they would be thoroughly denounced and accused of position thinking.

As APCO sailed away in lifeboats with expensive wine to calm their nerves, the Titanic and the sheep would be sinking into the sea. I doubt that this would bother the Apostolic Fathering Ministry very much, since they only needed the sheep to pay their expenses and do all the work on the Titanic.

The above has been tongue-in-cheek and satirical in nature. And yet, if you think about it, it sounds eerily familiar.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 12:31AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: May 24, 2019 12:21PM

Went to dinner tonight and on the way home read the satire by Reepicheep out loud as better entertainment than the radio, by far. We cheered.

Thanks for the vivid pic Reep. Sadly accurate.

Date: May 25, 2019 05:35AM

Reepicheep Wrote:

> As APCO sailed away in lifeboats with expensive
> wine to calm their nerves, the Titanic and the
> sheep would be sinking into the sea. I doubt that
> this would bother the Apostolic Fathering Ministry
> very much, since they only needed the sheep to pay
> their expenses and do all the work on the Titanic.

The voracious appetites of David Larson and Gary Hargrave. They can never be satiated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2019 05:37AM by changedagain.

Date: May 25, 2019 05:43AM

Is it David Larson or Bruce Larson? Not that it matters.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: May 25, 2019 07:40AM

David Bruce Larson and I believe he has a son named David or who goes by David but I've never heard negative info about him.

Date: May 26, 2019 12:42AM

I wonder if the person who started this rumor was ever identified...I mean, outside of the church :)

Posted by: changedagain
Date: January 24, 2019

Apparently there was no basis for the threat of a mass shooting at the Grant's Pass church. It appears that someone made up the threat, and made sure it got posted on social media.

Posted by: Stardomino1
Date: January 24, 2019

Thank you for updating us on GP. It all seemed so weird. Who would ever receive a threat without immediately contacting authorities?

Date: January 24, 2019 04:07AM

Yes, especially given the nature of the threat (mass shooting).

Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: May 26, 2019 05:10AM

kbyrne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Catching up on the last few weeks of posts, so
> appreciative of those that continue to share.
> Thanks to those that have kept us updated on
> Shiloh. In reading the articles it made me
> wonder who actually owns Shiloh? Who will benefit
> financially from any deals done?
>
> Thanks changedagain for reposting Saw Enough's
> post from 2013. So true! And also for reposting
> sierradawn's story, which is heartbreaking.
> Shepherds calling themselves Christians, yet show
> no compassion. Unfortunately, this seems to be a
> reoccuring theme. It was the first I had heard or
> read about GH or MH asking people to give JRS a
> message on the other side. Struck me as odd, but
> somehow not surprising.
>
> It saddens me to think about people that blew out
> and were treated horribly. I can see faces, but
> have unfortunately forgotten names. I remember
> being told when one guy blew out, he had developed
> 7 different forms of cancer. Bizarre. But you
> learned quickly that you wanted to stay away from
> blowouts. It was self-preservation, which, of
> course, brought its own feelings of guilt.
>
> Talking about the paltry wages at Shiloh and
> kingdom businesses, it was also disapproved of to
> seek any kind of government assistance. I was
> reprimanded for getting my wisdom teeth pulled at
> the University of Iowa Dental School, for free,
> because I was willing to be a Guinea pig for a
> dental student. I was basically asked why I did it
> without asking or telling someone. Again, the
> guilt was piled on. Don't draw any attention to
> Shiloh, to the TLW. So afraid of outside
> scrutiny. We can't be seen as not taking care of
> the "little people," when in reality, they weren't
> taking care of the little people. People cover
> things up when they know what they're doing is
> wrong.
>
> I know there were those that worked and had good
> jobs outside of TLW, who TLW was dependent on to
> bring the money in. I'd be interested to know
> what kind of pressure was applied to them to give
> their money.
>
> And a word about GH. He never had John's
> charisma. I remember not wanting to transcribe
> his services, and I don't believe I ever did.

WOW kbyne you asked some significant questions.

What many people did not know was that from the beginning "mandatory reporters" who were health care providers to Shiloh people and the public health department in Washington and Johnson county had legitimate concerns about Shiloh after they had clients/ patients from Shiloh.

Because I had a job and was from Washington, I was put into an awkward position as an employees and home town girl. A number of Shiloh people situations nearly got Shiloh shut down. I only knew that from the medical professional side as a credible person who had worked with agencies in town.

Of course, leadership did not want any one spilling the beans. Public health and health care providers had every reason to scrutinize why the patient they treated were sending red flags. I knew of some serious cases before I even met those Shiloh people who came in as patients. I was disturbed myself as the contrary to Christian values being regurgitated ( Washington, Iowa had the distinction of having the most churches per capita than any other city - very Christian.

Very awkward for me to be pushed to go to Shiloh then go work the graveyard shit. My husband "double tithed" my income. His family had already donated the family inheritance - my children had no financial stake in Shiloh.

_______-

Many local families put everything they could into Shiloh to build a CHRISTIAN conference center and church camp...so why did people show up to live at Shiloh not get the "Christian" memo? ( My conference is that the vision for the first donations were for Christina worship and education- is that what happened?)

My husband had always been encouraged by his father to double - tithe. Allegedly my income for 2 jobs was double tithed...a double portion went to the liquor store as well, in our case. The pressure was from my father-in-law, a "leader" who broke ground at Shiloh. ( I'm struggling how to word a statement I want to make from my position of being one of handful of people from the Washington church to be disappointed that the vision took an occult turn for the worst. I don't want to offend any one but I shared the feelings of the valued members in Washington that we had been invaded by people who did not share our wholesome values.)

The Dental College has always a good safe and affordable place to get dental care. Patients are not guinea pigs- students do not do procedures until they are ready and supervised. tho students who are directly supervised they are Mandatory Reporters. TLW did not want to lose their power and control Plus any stats like income for financial help would come back to haunt Shiloh - some people had their own weird-o ideas not even related to TLW and could not keep their mouth shut from waving red flags that pointed back to Shiloh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.