Date: January 05, 2019 01:06AM

kBOY Wrote:

> One place you may want to copy it to is the
> FILES category on the left menu of the
> Survivors site which already has quite a few
> documents. Then any inquiries can be easily
> directed there.
>

I decided to make it its own forum on this site. If people here want to talk about it, they can do so there. I've submitted it (ugh - makes me feel yucky to even type that) to the Survivor Site and am waiting for it to be approved by the moderators. I'm not sure I'm comfortable sharing the file just yet outside of the format and location that it's in. We'll see...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NancyB ()
Date: January 06, 2019 04:46AM

I has been a while, but I can sort of fill in your blanks and will have to jog my memory a bit. There is a lot of family connections which kept thing going.

Here is a brief Wikepeidia link. [en.wikipedia.org]
John married

First off JRS was the son of the of the founder of Christian Tabernacle in Washington, Iowa. John had I think 3 sisters ( I'm a a blank right now so I may have to do some correcting).) Mary married Bill Arnold missionary pastor in Hawaii before it was a state.
Eva married Fred Bickhart. They were missionaries in South Africa. They had 2 children Dan and jeannie. Dan married a CA friend of mine- they divorced. Jeannie married steve Arnold and Iowa boy ( related to bill arnold.)

JRS married Martha Michealson in 1939. they had 2 daughters. The Micheal son was a musical family with a number of Christian recordings. ( Perfect marriage partner fora preacher's wife) Her brother was an organist for I believe Billy Grahm crusade. Martha's sister Mary married Harold Williams - they were missionaries in Brazil. They had 3 children. Diane married a Robbins son , John married ? and Paul married an Iowa girl- they lived in Brazil - Paul dumped the former Iowa wife for another woman. ( see a pattern?)

I think the 2 daughters of jrs and Martha were Mary and Martha

Mariyn was his secretary. I met her the first time when I visited my sister in south gate and the Valley ( a number of Iowa girls were moved in CA in the '60's) I was in high school but my teen age opinion first impression of this beautiful lady was that she was like a junior high girl chasing a boy whom she had a crush. I did not look up to her...

JRS performed the ceremony in Ananhien for marlyn son married Tammy Pf iefer daughter of John and Brenda Pf eifer they divorced.( Mispellings make it harder show up on google)

I did not know GH first wife but I understand the dear lady was pregnant with there child when it was announced the god wanted and M him to marry.
Please gives some slack to the dear people who married into the family and left marriages by divorce. I personally have a number of family ties by marriage only.
Hope this helps answer your question.

Date: January 06, 2019 04:56AM

Heads up on this one. The local Washington Iowa radio station KCII posted this. You will want to read. A number of brave people have come out with more recent sexual abuse allegations.
[kciiradio.com]
Quote from KCII page at link above
http://kciiradio.com/2019/01/kalona-church-ending-agreement-with-living-word-fellowship/
"The Shiloh Church in rural Kalona announced they are ending their legal agreement with The Living Word Fellowship.

This announcement comes after reports of sexual misconduct from a former leader of The Living Word Fellowship. According to their website, the Shiloh Church is committed to remaining open and serving the community as an independent church.

After the allegations, The Living Word Fellowship announced that members Richard Holbrook and Scott McDonald have been removed from their roles in the congregation. A former member of the congregation, Shalom Abrahamson-Caples posted on Facebook about her experience of being a victim of sexual misconduct, which then motivated others share their own similar stories, according to Senior Pastor Gary Hargrave. The Living Word Fellowship has hired attorneys to lead an investigative committee to look into these claims." End quote.

There is a FB page with tons of folks looking for some resolution or closer. I suggested they put it private for safety reasons. My feeling is that any one who can give past patterns of abuse that can connect anything in this case to please offer to submit to Washington county authorities. NO pressure. But many are looking for puzzle pieces and they feel they were alone.

I personally have to wonder how much this braking legal ties has only to do with saving their own behinds? Perhaps we have opened Pandora's box once and for all.
Stay safe.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 06, 2019 04:58AM

NancyB:

Thank you so much.

Many of us, especially on the West Coast, or who were too young to know the history, really appreciate these 'family trees'.

Date: January 06, 2019 05:13AM

Dear friends, I've been out of the loop for a while...but here is some significant news...

Check out recent Washington, Iowa radio post
"Kalona Church Ending Agreement with Living Word Fellowship"

I private messaged to a few.

Posted: Friday, January 4th, 2019 at 6:26 am
Author: Brandon Shanahan - KCII News
[kciiradio.com]

Date: January 06, 2019 05:30AM

JesusJesusJesus
thank you for sharing.
I was a Christian Tabernacle girl. I treasured your grandmother family.

Date: January 06, 2019 05:54AM

WOW! That is some Dictionary! had not thought of those phrases in a long time...very "entertaining" at this point for me.

Date: January 06, 2019 06:13AM

This is so gross I don't want to quote it. At the time I was not clued in tho the allegations in Anaheim.
I will make a guess here - not a fact- could anyone think that perhaps the legal authorities were involved with the bailey situation? thus prompting the severing the ties with mel?

Date: January 06, 2019 06:24AM

This is so gross I don't want to quote it. At the time I was not clued in tho the allegations in Anaheim.
I will make a guess here - not a fact- could anyone think that perhaps the legal authorities were involved with the bailey situation? thus prompting the severing the ties with mel?

Dear Some One - I am so sorry that this happened to you. it was heinous. Keeping people quiet and alone is how predictors get by with it and then so sophisticated.
i joined the FB page after the KCII post. I an under another name.

Again, I am so sorry this happened to you. From my own personal experience there will be scars but they will heal - no longer be open wounds. it will take time. You now have choices about how you will grow from the horrible acts of power and control. Fro my self I chose to learn about these awful issues enough so I can reach out to help others.

Date: January 06, 2019 06:26AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WALKED:
>
>
> We all feel your pain. Unfortunately, much of it
> is water under the bridge. ONION is our go-to
> source for disclosing many of the 'behind the
> scenes' scenarios, having been there/done that.
>
> Our best hope now is that the wounded be healed in
> order to move on fruitfully with their lives. The
> legal ramifications may take quite a while to sort
> themselves out, and we better prepare ourselves
> for outcomes from any lawsuits that may not be
> what we hoped for. I'm sure the 'devious ones'
> have planned deviously for this day.
>
> There will also be those hardcore Kool-Aid
> drinkers who will never kick the habit and stumble
> on with whatever ruins remain after all the dust
> settles.
>
> We cannot allow any of these developments to
> impact our future HAPPINESS, as that would only
> cause continued harm. Moving on together is more
> important now, in whatever manner works best for
> each. Those who will to be healed will be healed.
> Those who will to be bitter will be . . .
>
> One positive outcome we can all take away from our
> TLW experience is the constellation of
> relationships that are/were LOVING that we would
> not have had should our lives taken a different
> course. We should also not allow a few 'dark
> days' in the past to blot out the many bright ones
> we had where we shared LOVE & LAUGHTER.
>
> Those are the ones we want to resurrect now.

Beautifully stated. Thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.