Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 11, 2018 07:22AM

Well, hi folks. Today my husband received an unsigned letter with no return address in the mail, postmarked HONOLULU, HI

Here is what they wrote. Please give me your thoughts, or let me know if this has ever happened to you.

"Husband's Name,

I keep track of posts on the Rick Ross Forum. Last month your wife began posting and published her name in the profile section. Her name is not there now. I made a copy of her profile when her name was visible. My job is to give it to Kevin when Gary returns from Brazil.
I liked you _________. If you can get your wife to stop posting, I won't give the information on to Kevin. Your wife posts under the screen name Reepicheep."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BenTHare ()
Date: February 11, 2018 07:59AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, hi folks. Today my husband received an
> unsigned letter with no return address in the
> mail, postmarked HONOLULU, HI
>
> Here is what they wrote. Please give me your
> thoughts, or let me know if this has ever happened
> to you.
>
> "Husband's Name,
>
> I keep track of posts on the Rick Ross Forum. Last
> month your wife began posting and published her
> name in the profile section. Her name is not there
> now. I made a copy of her profile when her name
> was visible. My job is to give it to Kevin when
> Gary returns from Brazil.
> I liked you _________. If you can get your wife to
> stop posting, I won't give the information on to
> Kevin. Your wife posts under the screen name
> Reepicheep."

BIG BROTHER style creepy. Post on Reep'

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 11, 2018 08:44AM

Reepicheep,
My wife and I have both been on the receiving end of threats that originated with Gary, and they're nothing to take lightly. I thank you for your courage in speaking truth on this forum, but if you decide to withdraw, I completely understand. You and your husband's safety is paramount.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: February 11, 2018 09:37AM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NickleandDimed Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Regarding the posts. About Gary and the cup. My
> > sources tell me. There is something serious
> going
> > on. The cup is not a joke.
>
> NickleandDimed, do you have any idea what it's
> about?

No idea. But IMHO don't think it has anything to do with selling churches.

I recall when FACTNET was around. Maybe 9 years ago. Knew of someone in the church. Who had family posting on FACTNET. When G&M found out. The member was told to cut off all relationships and communication with the family. The member complied.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 11, 2018 03:31PM

Reepicheep. I have sent you a private message.

This sounds like a Scientology tactic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 03:42PM by puddington.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 12, 2018 01:20AM

Anything to do with money and property is a hot button.

Especially if there is a chance that the shenannigans could
call into question whether this would raise eyebrows - and questions -
at both the IRS and states where tax may be owed on property sales
and transfers.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: February 13, 2018 10:16AM

I would be curious to know how the IRS views free church labor and materials on the various personal properties owned by TLWF leadership. Obviously, there is personal financial benefit that is off the books. Nobody makes much money, but you do get your personal home fixed up as part of the deal - if you can convince your followers that it will make God happy and that they are part of a select few to be even granted such a privilege. At least the upward flow was a blessing to someone! For the rest of us, "The view never changes unless you're the lead dog!" If you were willing to work, they were certainly willing to take advantage of you and give you a small peak at being in the inner circle in return. Did anyone else ever wonder what it might be like to take a real vacation with your family? Actually, I do know now - and its quite healthy!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 13, 2018 11:55PM

So true, Larry. Summer vacations are frowned upon. You are not allowed to “take a coffee break from God”. Summer vacations are for going to Shiloh for 2 weeks of hot labor and long services. “Sleep Deprivation Camp”.

And of course your local Palmer Lake pastor bought a fixer upper house and remodeled it with the help of work weekends, where the church members provided free labor. They came out to prove how dedicated they were. Sort of like Habitat For Humanity, but the need thing was upside down. As they say “It’s good to be king”.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 14, 2018 04:57AM

Sweat Equity

[www.google.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 15, 2018 12:16AM

It's funny how the milking of the members through slave/servant labor wasn't even what offended me as much as the demeaning messages Gary would deliver to the fellowship. No matter how much people slaved, much to his personal benefit, it apparently was still not pleasing the heavenly father--according to "the word." Anyway, I finally woke up to this obvious abuse and separated myself from TLWF ('98). There hasn't been a day since when I've felt even a tinge of regret. And trust me, I really don't think it's because I am now possessed by some evil spirit from the Old Testament :)
Much appreciation to everyone who has come forward to express what they have experienced in this cult, and have been willing to face the possible repercussions. I would send each and every one of you a belated Valentine's Day card, but frankly that would be weird, and I haven't bothered to find out the identity of each person and where they happen to live. I suppose this is an indication that I would make a very inept cult leader.
Oh well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.