Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: March 11, 2017 07:02AM

lily rose - I received an email from a family member that I assumed was monitoring this website in order to even have my contact info. His understanding was that they belonged to John. I believe I still have the email somewhere, but I would prefer to keep his personal info confidential, unless he is comfortable going public. Most posters on this website are not. Perhaps if he is reading this and would like to further comment, we may all learn a little more. After researching the Latter Rain Movement 15+ years ago, I would be more surprised to find out John didn't have tapes and literature.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: March 11, 2017 09:05AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A Personal Time With Cardinal Dom Orani
>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]
> rsonal-time-with-cardinal-dom-orani/
>
> It is hard to imagine that TLW members will be
> encouraged to start attending Catholic services,
> or more unimaginable, be encouraged to actually
> become Catholics. Perhaps there are hopes of
> picking off some marginal Catholics to buttress up
> falling fellowship numbers.
>
> What is and has become evident is that there will
> be no shortage of photo-opts and VIP opportunities
> for TLW leadership. As has been the case, the
> focus has always been on the leadership, leaving
> the folks in the cheap seats whatever crumbs may
> fall from the table.

You know, I don't really like condemning anyone, but I wonder how many people in the fellowship have been invited to his home? People can do what they want to do, including Gary, but I always wonder how some of the ones that still are members have never been invited. Maybe everyone has been invited, and if they have, then things have really changed. I never really cared about that kind of crap, but I'm sure some are hurt because of it.

Posted by: Saw enough ()
Date: March 11, 2017 09:14AM

The Feast of Purim is coming up. Which means that just around the corner the flock can expect to hear the annual messages comparing Marilyn to Queen Esther who went before the King and interceded to save the Jewish people from destruction. Some of the more zealous faithful will claim that she ever lives to make intercession for them.

Posted by: SouthGate ()
Date: March 11, 2017 09:15AM

changedagain Wrote:
> puddington Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Larry. That Shiloh pastor was definitely
> lying.
>
>
> Gary insisted that members of the fellowship pray
> for John's return. That was a significant
> dividing line following John's death...along with
> pledging allegiance to the lamp. If you resisted,
> you were shunned. I lost good, long-time friends
> as a result. They rightly protested this
> directive.

I have to admit I prayed for John before he died, and then when everyone was invited to the home to show our last respects. I prayed for him to come alive then. It didn't work, obviously, so I didn't do it anymore after that. I did that on my own, without anyone asking me to do it. It probably sounds farfetched to most people, but I still believe it could happen, but not necessarily to anyone in particular. Especially since we are not supposed to put anyone above another. Too bad people still want to look up to certain individuals. I know I was guilty of that before, but not so much anymore. Well, my wife might be up there. LOL!!!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 11, 2017 11:59AM

larry bobo Wrote:
> lily rose - I received an email from a family
> member that I assumed was monitoring this website
> in order to even have my contact info. His
> understanding was that they belonged to John. I
> believe I still have the email somewhere, but I
> would prefer to keep his personal info
> confidential, unless he is comfortable going
> public. Most posters on this website are not.
> Perhaps if he is reading this and would like to
> further comment, we may all learn a little more.
> After researching the Latter Rain Movement 15+
> years ago, I would be more surprised to find out
> John didn't have tapes and literature.

Thanks Larry. I don't doubt that John had tapes and literature. I'd be interested to know how much was William Branham because I came across information that had been verified regarding Jim Jones (People's Temple) and Branham crossing paths many times. Apparently Jones learned how to conduct healing services from Branham and he often mimicked Branham's ministry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 12:11PM by lily rose.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 11, 2017 12:09PM

Saw enough Wrote:
> The Feast of Purim is coming up. Which means that
> just around the corner the flock can expect to
> hear the annual messages comparing Marilyn to
> Queen Esther who went before the King and
> interceded to save the Jewish people from
> destruction. Some of the more zealous faithful
> will claim that she ever lives to make
> intercession for them.

Good to hear from you Saw enough. I didn't know they compared M's life to Queen Esther. That's a stretch. It really doesn't fit, does it? Esther's life was a story of being in the right place at the right time and saving others from the hands of those who wanted to kill them. That wasn't M's life at all.

Posted by: slandjt ()
Date: March 11, 2017 01:50PM

Really people? We're legitimizing anything that Gary has to say? Complimenting him for supposedly reaching out to the Catholic church (the ultimate male-dominated cult)? The Living Word is a cult. Gary is a cult leader. Shiloh University is a joke and I don't take any of these people seriously. John Robert Stevens was a cult leader. I loved John Robert Stevens way back in the day. I knew him personally. I was "privileged" to be on van rides with him, Marilyn and the Blix girls (wearing their ridiculous turbans and serving food from crock pots) who took down his every word while we were driven by Larry Makuakane from service to service. I went to sleep at night listening to his tapes and was thrilled by The Jubilee Trail and many other focuses that we were given. My ex-husband and I were directed by Com West and waited to hear from them before we made decisions for our own lives. John died and all of his so-called Kingdom went with him. I was left with a black hole in my life and worried about judgment because I left the church at that point and was not submissive to the elders and my now-ex husband. God forbid a women should have a mind of her own and tell the elders she doesn't agree with them and that they have no authority over her. The Catholic church does not care about Gary Hargrave or The Living Word. With great respect to all who post here, say what you may from whatever position you are coming from, but it seems much is being made about what Gary says and/or does. I deeply care about the people who have been harmed and continue to be harmed by this cult, especially my sister and others like her. She doesn't know any better at this point in her very long life in this cult and I don't wish for her to be liberated because this is all she knows. She is controlled by her so-called pastors and submits to their control as to where she lives, who she has relationships with and where she works. After 40 plus years in this cult, she no longer has a mind of her own. I have a mind, freedom and a life of my own that I have fought very hard for and no one can ever take that away from me. I occasionally try to catch up on the posts made in this forum, and it is so apparent to me how much focus is still given to this cult. I wish you all peace and love as you move forward with your lives.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: March 11, 2017 11:43PM

Slandjt, I've got to agree with you. Gary isn't going to repent or change. He has too much at stake.

I know several people like your sister that are so hard wired into the LW cult, that leaving it is probably not an option. It's like a zoo animal that can't live in the wild anymore. They've lost the needed skills.

A member doesn't fully understand just how deep the programming is until you try to leave. I tried several times. The third time stuck. It takes courage to leave that world and the security of never having to think for yourself. Some members have no friends or family outside the cult. The thought of leaving must be too scary. Even though, deep in their hearts, they know they should leave. They are paralyzed. This is sad. I doubt that we will ever reach them.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: March 12, 2017 01:41AM

slandjt – Thanks for being willing to post and for sharing your perspective from being close to John. Many who are reading this have no idea of the early days of TLWF. Obviously you’ve been able break the spell, yet still have genuine concern for family and friends that are trapped. I can only speak for myself, and not for the other posters, but I certainly would not legitimize Gary’s words. To me, they come from a completely different spirit than I’ve come to know by the teachings of Jesus. However, I am encouraged by any attempt of one cult to communicate with another, because it is the beginning of the destruction of both systems – not the people in those systems I might add - whether they know it or not. Without isolation they cannot continue to survive. It may seem like an insignificant crack, but it is the beginning of the light shining in.

Perhaps I’m an eternal optimist, but I still have faith for people to be set free in all these cults and for their leaders to find a place of repentance. As long as they are still breathing, there still is hope. I know God set me free after 30 years, and He can do the same for others. With men it may be impossible, but with God, all things are possible. I also think it is very important to provide those that are considering involvement in these groups to be able to make an informed decision. What is posted on TLWF website is a far cry from the bait-and-switch that awaits them. At the time I left, if someone would have said the goal was to get you connected and submissive to Marilyn, nobody would have given TLWF a second look – they would have known it was a cult. Pretending to be like other Christian groups is bearing false witness – the end does not justify the means if you really have integrity.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: March 12, 2017 02:28AM

Don't see anything here legitimizing Gary. Agree with Larry Bobo. The spell can be broken. Maybe, not for every member. Everyday, people on the planet escape traps and dictators. They start over. It's hard. It's do able. Friendships in the LW are phony. Based on conditional love. Manipulation. Not that hard to make new friends outside of the fellowship.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.