> -----
> > There is a distinct possibility that if enough
> > doors open up for the G-man in Brazil,
> > irrespective of doctrine, that he may decide
> his
> > ambitions outweigh any former allegiance, and
> > simply walk on to his own greater glory, TLW be
> > damned. After subsisting on a staple of small
> > potatoes, why miss out on the filet mignon?
>
>
> I think you may be right on that count. I think
> we can safely say "just wait for it" The
> "current word" will be the indication that
> something is afoot. If it wasn't so sad it would
> be interesting at least.

Unfortunately, this sound very plausible, kBoy.
Walking away from prior commitments to pursue a 'higher calling' has been a pattern in his life. Lacking a conscience, it's not difficult for him to drop any other responsibilities that have become a burden.
As Cloudwatcher mentioned, it will likely be revealed in a "current word."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 09, 2016 12:29AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Walking away from prior commitments to pursue a
> 'higher calling' has been a pattern in his life.
> Lacking a conscience, it's not difficult for him
> to drop any other responsibilities that have
> become a burden.

You mean like being a father to his own blood daughter, for example?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 09, 2016 05:32AM

> You mean like being a father to his own blood
> daughter, for example?

At the Palmer Lake shepherd's conference in '97 he said he did not have a daughter. I'm sure this statement has since been edited out of tape.
BTW, I barely qualified for the conference. I wasn't on good terms with the pastor of our church at the time--which didn't work in my favor. Anyway, once I witnessed first-hand the state of TLWF leadership during these sessions (many people, when addressing Marilyn, referred to her as The Lamp of Israel), the decision to finally get out was an easy one.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 09, 2016 07:14AM

It seems like since the Lamp went out, TLW has begun to wander aimlessly in darkness, and we know how dangerous that is when you can't see where you are going.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: March 10, 2016 12:00AM

changedagain wrote: “I barely qualified for the conference. I wasn't on good terms with the pastor of our church at the time--which didn't work in my favor.”
----------------------
I think some of us can relate to the above statement. I dealt with a similar conflict with my head shepherd for several months before the whole thing imploded/exploded. It was extremely ugly. It has taken a long time to delineate between being on good terms with “God in the Sky” and being buried under the bad terms forced upon us in a cult, where loser, earthly minded, corporate, position orientated yes men/women vie for dominance and glory in all categories.

Wandering aimlessly may actually do them some good.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 10, 2016 10:26PM

FCSLC Wrote:

> Wandering aimlessly may actually do them some
> good.

Yes--it's excruciating to finally realize you've lived a delusion--but absolutely necessary.

And now, a quote from the original 'The Office'...it doesn't perfectly apply to this topic, but I'll share it anyway:

Gareth Keenan:
I did learn a lot from David. I learnt from his mistakes. We're very different people; he used humour where I use discipline. And I learnt that nobody respects him. And in a war situation, if you want your platoon to go over the top with you to certain death, it's no good saying to them 'Please come with me lads, I'll tell you a joke.' It's a direct order 'Come with me.' And they'll go 'Yes, he's got good leadership skills, let's all go with him to our certain death'. Also, if you're laughing in the jungle, you can give away your position to the enemy.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 11, 2016 03:19AM

No wonder most of us never made it to apostleship. : )

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 12, 2016 09:30AM

Since I left the Walk, I discovered there is a vast number of God's people stationed out in the world doing His work. I thought when I was in the Walk, all of Christianity was basically the ones that are out to get us, the persecutors. But I will give an example that I have found in a hospital I was in at least three times in the last thirty years.

The cleaning crew. I mean that, the mostly Hispanic cleaning crew are the intercessors, absolutely unorganized, and they pray for the patients and believe for them, they even make them different animals like elephants and doves and stuff out of towels, to just make them feel better.

I know that sounds pretty simple, but I am telling you that I actually pulled through when a lady mopping up went by my bed and said the simple words "God knows all about what you are going through."

I know there are intercessors that are believing for God's people, not just that one man will "break through" and take us into some starring role as awesome spiritual giants that can not die but can dam sure rule with a rod of iron. I have learned that there is a world full of God's anointed people, that spend hours and hours a day and night in an act of love, as those that are priests before the Lord, those that represent the people's interests. They are not interested in being the ones the the ultimate truth that should be hidden away and never shared because "the world can't handle it." They are just interested in easing the misery of others, they don't want to rule the people, they want to free the people.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 12, 2016 10:16AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since I left the Walk, I discovered there is a
> vast number of God's people stationed out in the
> world doing His work. I thought when I was in the
> Walk, all of Christianity was basically the ones
> that are out to get us, the persecutors. But I
> will give an example that I have found in a
> hospital I was in at least three times in the
> last thirty years.
>
> The cleaning crew. I mean that, the mostly
> Hispanic cleaning crew are the intercessors,
> absolutely unorganized, and they pray for the
> patients and believe for them, they even make them
> different animals like elephants and doves and
> stuff out of towels, to just make them feel
> better.
>
> I know that sounds pretty simple, but I am telling
> you that I actually pulled through when a lady
> mopping up went by my bed and said the simple
> words "God knows all about what you are going
> through."
>
> I know there are intercessors that are believing
> for God's people, not just that one man will
> "break through" and take us into some starring
> role as awesome spiritual giants that can not die
> but can dam sure rule with a rod of iron. I have
> learned that there is a world full of God's
> anointed people, that spend hours and hours a day
> and night in an act of love, as those that are
> priests before the Lord, those that represent the
> people's interests. They are not interested in
> being the ones the the ultimate truth that should
> be hidden away and never shared because "the world
> can't handle it." They are just interested in
> easing the misery of others, they don't want to
> rule the people, they want to free the people.

Well said Apostle Dog, well said and amen to that. Godspeed

Posted by: light777 ()
Date: March 12, 2016 06:06PM

My heart began to race as I read through the posts here, as it brings me back to a place / time that I never want to repeat!

It is clear from so many of the posts that I read, that we have all searched, and or are still searching for answers, thus knowing deep down inside that "The Walk" "The Living Word" was / is not in alignment with "God's Word - The Bible". How many times in my 30 plus years attending TLW / serving endlessly... did I hear "John's word"!!!! I remember when I got married, one of the members walked into the wedding prior to the ceremony and said "John is here". Such a sickness, as saying things like John's word / John is here is simply messed up!

I am going to keep this very short, as I intentionally do not want to upheaval too many unfavorable memories from the past, as I have spent the last several years (to the best of my ability) purging the sick B.S. that The Living Word so successfully forced me to believe. Perhaps at some point I will talk more, but for now, I will keep it brief.

I was very close with the Hargrave family... I saw / heard a lot. However for reasons that are too complicated, I chose to overlook the obvious, even though I knew that it was wrong / not of God. Example: Gary leaving his wife and daughter to marry Marilyn and lead the church... And yes, Gary does have a daughter... she is beautiful and looks so much like him. I had such a hard time with that. Where in the Bible does it say to leave your wife and children to marry another...??? And we all believed the lie that they fed us! Ricks multiple marriages... each new wife younger than the ex wife. And again, we were told that this was all of God! The mind control, "labors of love", serving the ministries, and the list goes on and on and on. Truly, if I did not really know the Lord, I would perhaps despise christianity. However I do know that the Lord is very real... he see's all. And despite all of our hurt, anger, anguish, deceptions, etc... We somehow have to forgive and move on. I am still working on that end.

What I do know, without a doubt, is that The Living Word is a cult and I am beyond thankful that I had enough of myself left to leave. Why I became one of their subjects, is beyond my comprehension... I am still in the healing process... It has not been easy... but I am thankful for where I am today.

My heart goes out to all of you who are going through the same, if not similar. May the Lord give you clarity and peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.