Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: March 02, 2016 01:13AM

If not an “act” or “showmanship” then perhaps mental illness? If cowboys ride off into the sunset when they retire, what is a “Christ in the Flesh” to do when the time comes? Rising up into the clouds and disappearing is a little difficult to pull off. Maybe blending into the Catholic maze under the cover of a special assignment from the Pope would make for a smooth exit, with all the money of course.

For those thinking of being a “Christ in the Flesh,” best to look way down the road for your exit strategy. Without a proper exit, all the claims of authority, demands for submission, reception of adulation and greatness get besmirched.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 02, 2016 01:35AM

It is pretty clear that he will have to repudiate John's teaching such as it is. The walk was born out of a disavowing of organized religion--at the top--Catholicism. So how to get around that or lead the LW's down the primrose path until they believe that the past life of the walk was deception--thus negating the very foundation.

Then it stands to follow that the premise for the reign of G and M---is also null and void. They have said that they are about carrying out JRS's vision---so aptly admitting that they have been deceived for the subsequent years following his death.

Good luck on that--if people aren't so battered that they actually forgot that they put up with sitting through hours and hours of listening to this insipid bore--to get to the point.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 02, 2016 04:54AM

None of this Vatican schmoozing surprises me. Let’s not forget that Mr. G-man wants desperately to be legitimate. He has spared no expense in the pursuit of a better reputation as a minister. Thus the hiring of PR firms and buying a page in the Who’s Who book. He’ll hob-knob with any established Christian group that can add to this appearance of legitimacy. I guess he’s trying to shed the cult reputation that is hanging onto the Living Word Fellowship. However, we all know that if it behaves like a cult (i.e. does cultish things), it’s still a cult. No matter who gives you the thumbs-up.

I asked an ex-APCO person about how it worked that Gary could fellowship with other high profile ministers like Bishop Key and Mahesh Chavda and that these other ministers would never mention the “C-word”. I was told it was all merely “professional courtesy”. Sharks do not eat other sharks, typically. Even if a pastor did not agree with what another pastor was doing, in public they would not say anything bad about them. Maybe out of fear for their own closet skeletons.

Date: March 02, 2016 08:46AM

I think that G's little foray in to Babylon--might be a deep seated psychological problem

He spent so many years under the shadow and playing second fiddle to John-and then went directly in to hiding behind a Marilyn's skirts---on his little leash. I think his problem is very basic and explains why he needs acceptance from the pope.

1. He has serious daddy issues

2. He wants to wear a dress

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 02, 2016 10:46PM

The Great Apostasy
2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way.8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Stand Fast

There is already a lawlessness in the land and also within Christianity, the great falling away has already started. I believe some people alive today would sell their souls if they could be permitted to be the leader of this Antichrist system. They would love to be that supreme leader that holds all the cunning and the magical arts at his disposal to be above everyone and every thing. That is because Satan still does not believe that he can not take the place of God. People that are under the spell of Satan are not joining together in both the political arena and in false Christianity to see to it that this all comes to a head, and it is coming soon. Even the movement that I was in, it too is bowing it’s knee to the Antichrist system because they are following a leader that wants to be that leader. The illusion is there for anybody that would have greatness now, that is what is being offered, Satan is saying exactly what he said to Jesus, “bow down and worship me, (at my alter) and I will give you charge over all these kingdoms that you see.” You see the church leaders doing this, and sadly if those that follow these leaders do not heed the call to “come our of her my peope,” they are going to be deeper and deeper under the same illusion.

Posted by: been_there2 ()
Date: March 03, 2016 01:30AM

You are so funny! I think you may be on to something.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 04, 2016 10:53AM

Wow this thing must be out of order again. I know somebody must have posted something in the last few days.

I will try this one more time. The reason the Walk was so messed up is they thought that the leader was Christ's representative on Earth and that he could not be wrong. Much like the Catholics view the Pope.

"Vicar of Christ" is the same thing exactly as "Christ in the Earth."

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: March 04, 2016 12:56PM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow this thing must be out of order again. I know
> somebody must have posted something in the last
> few days.
>
> I will try this one more time. The reason the
> Walk was so messed up is they thought that the
> leader was Christ's representative on Earth and
> that he could not be wrong. Much like the
> Catholics view the Pope.
>
> "Vicar of Christ" is the same thing exactly as
> "Christ in the Earth."

Yea, but I don't think that JRS was "fiddling about" with the alter boys. Hopefully I am correct on this point ;-)

To me the Catholic Church is and always has been a bigger disaster of a cult than TLW ever was. However for some reason it, never gets formally recognized as such by those who care about such things. I have always found that to be a bit strange.

Date: March 05, 2016 01:43AM

TheJewel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apostle Dog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow this thing must be out of order again. I
> know
> > somebody must have posted something in the last
> > few days.
> >
> > I will try this one more time. The reason the
> > Walk was so messed up is they thought that the
> > leader was Christ's representative on Earth and
> > that he could not be wrong. Much like the
> > Catholics view the Pope.
> >
> > "Vicar of Christ" is the same thing exactly as
> > "Christ in the Earth."
>
> Yea, but I don't think that JRS was "fiddling
> about" with the alter boys. Hopefully I am correct
> on this point ;-)
>
> To me the Catholic Church is and always has been a
> bigger disaster of a cult than TLW ever was.
> However for some reason it, never gets formally
> recognized as such by those who care about such
> things. I have always found that to be a bit
> strange.

The Catholic religion is mainstream and historical. The only danger it poses is in the form of "perverts". I never heard of anyone from catholism having to keep their mouths shut and that the only place they can communicate is on a private anonymous discussion board.

The rules of excommunication in the Catholic church is clear and up front-people know those rules before they are confirmed. It is a religion that for the most part does good. I would rather have raised my children as Catholic instead of this horror story of a church TLWF---where everything is secret and the rules change as fast as Marilyn could change outfits. And marriages and families are at risk of extinction.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 05, 2016 04:22AM

For those of you that want to establish a new basis of spirituality, here is JP Sears with words of advice:

[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.