Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:50AM

Like begets like as in "Jerks" beget "Jerks" ---- this much is certain.

The two shepherd families (four adults -- militant loyalists) who were put in charge of the Salt Lake City Church were really feeling the power. One time the Sunday morning service was scheduled to start at 10:00am at a certain person's home. Well, the royals showed up at 10:45am in the church van of course, and as they walked in with their authority swagger one of the shepherd's wives said, "We're kings, making the rules as we go. Doing as we damn well please."

I can only hope that God & Jesus remain in charge of the earth. If man is put in charge we're screwed.

Does anybody know if JRS entertained the "Serpent Seed Doctrine" mentioned in the Wikipedia article on William Branham? I almost threw up when I read about it. Totally sick. Nothing but a platform for hate, inequality and prejudice as well as supporting the false notion of a pure lineage that is favored by God. The "who-so-ever" s of the New Testament used by Jesus in the Gospel of John fly directly in the face of such nonsense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 22, 2015 09:34PM

"I'm more afraid of the Adamic Bum than the atomic bomb" -- JRS

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 22, 2015 09:46PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I'm more afraid of the Adamic Bum than the atomic
> bomb" -- JRS

Don't forget about the Adamic bomb. That (to me) is the most scary thing of all!

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:13AM

Lily Rose, back a few posts, you mentioned forgiving, and I said that what has helped my bitterness some was the realization that I was part of the problem to a great extent, I said that I would not have done any better if I were in charge of things. But beyond that, there is something else that is important, all of us would be better off to forgive, because scientific proof shows that when people hold bitterness inside of them, it hurts them physically and emotionally. I read one study that showed that people have even developed arthritis because of their ties to bad experiences of the past, unresolved emotional issues.

I have been thinking about LWF differently lately since I began praying for the people left in it, including the leadership. Now, I would love to hear that they repented and did what they could to restore whatever was wrongly taken from people, such as their retirement. I am happy to hear some of the things, such as their willingness to associate with other denominations, I DO HOPE however that their motives are right in that. Now days Christians are under assault, there are people that are cutting off heads of Christians if they do not deny Christ. The time is over for division in the whole Body of Christ.

I am not referring here to a one world church with anybody in charge of it, that is the same mess that we got out of. I am only saying, that it is time to accept all Christians as our brethren, get a bug out bag ready, load up on food, water, meds, and other essentials. I think we are going to see who is right soon, pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib, rapture, return, manifestation of super-saints, whatever, it's going down now.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:27AM

One positive experience was the Walk opened me to the significance of the Jewish feasts. FYI on the Feast of Tabernacles 9/28/15 a blood moon lunar eclipse will be visible from the US and Jerusalem. Three previous blood moons have already occurred on Jewish feasts, 4/15/14 Passover, 10/8/14 Feast of Tabernacles and 4/4/15 Passover and I read that such a happening of 4 consecutive blood moons occurring on Jewish feasts will not occur for another 500 years. Due the hype about 1979, I try not to get too excited about such events or read too much into them so I take more of a "watch" approach. I take the same approach to much of the talk about this being the end time and that we are very close. But the history of blood moons occurring during historical Jewish happenings is very interesting

Date: September 24, 2015 07:17AM

Lily Rose, I have heard lots about the blood moons. All over the internet there are predictions about what might happen this month. Everything from the rapture to the beginning to the great tribulation, depending on what eschatological view is being promoted at the time. Mostly I think it's a few people with intelligent reasons to believe something is about to happen, and lots of others that are jumping on the bandwagon. Again, I guess we will see. I think there are lots of signs that we are getting much closer to seeing just who's theories hold water, and who's theories are just smoke. I think the biggest one for me is just the fact that 30 years ago nobody would foresee that Christians would be decapitated on a regular basis just as the book of Revelation speaks. Who would have thought that?

By the way, I did order a tape from Living Word. I don't know if all of the stuff they offer is for people that don't have a password though. So far I have not been able to get a password there. I will see if that is just for members or what. Perhaps they are selling the literature and tapes to the general public now, at least they are selling some of it to the general public.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 24, 2015 08:04AM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> Does anybody know if JRS entertained the "Serpent
> Seed Doctrine" mentioned in the Wikipedia article
> on William Branham? I almost threw up when I read
> about it. Totally sick. Nothing but a platform
> for hate, inequality and prejudice as well as
> supporting the false notion of a pure lineage that
> is favored by God. The "who-so-ever" s of the New
> Testament used by Jesus in the Gospel of John fly
> directly in the face of such nonsense.

Did your pastor ever say anything like this:

"But I remember when my father's still up there running. I had to be out there with water and stuff, see young ladies that wasn't over 17 or 18 years up there with a man my age, drunk. And they'd have to sober them up and give them black coffee to get them home to cook their husband's supper. This was my remark about them. They're not worth a good clean bullet to kill them with it. That's right. And I hated women. That's right. And I just have to watch every move now to keep from still think the same thing." (Transcribed from a William Branham sermon.)

FCSLC, Branham's unhinged attitude toward women may have influenced his offensive serpent seed teaching. I don't know if JRS adhered to the serpent seed teaching but Al Dager in his writing said that JRS was a Branham disciple (Kingdom Theology, 1986.)

Date: September 24, 2015 12:48PM

A warning to all those that are still in Living Word, or to those that are out of it now but still believe the following:

To accept the belief that ANYONE is Christ in the Earth is to usurp the place of Jesus as the Christ and therefore to commit idolatry. That opens up people to accept the concept that John Robert Stevens was their spiritual father, again, taking him as their God instead of Jehovah as their spiritual Father, and it causes people to accept the belief that Gary and Marilyn are their spiritual father and mother, and thus, they are still committing idolatry. This all leads them to one place, and that to hell. This is evil, all of it. From beginning to end.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 24, 2015 02:19PM

AD, what is interesting is that I can recall being in the LW and being taught that to deny that "Christ had come in the flesh" was to deny Jesus. And they said that was akin to blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which was the big unforgivible sin.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 24, 2015 11:27PM

paleface Wrote:
> AD, what is interesting is that I can recall being
> in the LW and being taught that to deny that
> "Christ had come in the flesh" was to deny Jesus.
> And they said that was akin to blaspheming the
> Holy Spirit, which was the big unforgivable sin.

For a very long time period, that was the mortal sin identified from the pulpit-- not recognizing Christ in the flesh. Remember those worship services where people were required to sing to the Christ in each other? I mean, how could you forget?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.