Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 14, 2015 07:24AM

The Salt Lake City church (Faith Chapel) was a gold mine. A nice building sitting on five acres of prime real estate on the east side. Location, location, location ---- well it had it all and a view of the valley. Anyway, I have to laugh Apostle Dog when you say, “Decided among themselves to stay open and just not affiliate.”

All decisions were being made at the top. Four adults (Shepherds & wives) were “Young Militant Loyalists” and the rest of us, just a handful,
were fodder in “TLWF Hammer Mill”. The shepherds moved to California or Iowa while everybody else scattered.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: September 14, 2015 07:55AM

FCSLC, When I heard you say that the rest scattered, I thought to myself, well good for them, I was happy for them, because they were free.

I actually had the first impression from what you said, of concentration camp guards leaving their posts and the prisoners "scattering."

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 14, 2015 11:34PM

It must be nice to have it both ways: label the local churches independent entities, but then control them by placing those who, without question, will do your bidding. Any idea what the property/church sold for?
BTW, this is a subject matter that I have every right to comment on. I spent countless hours, as part of a small crew, helping maintain these churches until the decision came from on high to sell them. You know, all about the 'upward flow!'.

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Salt Lake City church (Faith Chapel) was a
> gold mine. A nice building sitting on five acres
> of prime real estate on the east side. Location,
> location, location ---- well it had it all and a
> view of the valley. Anyway, I have to laugh
> Apostle Dog when you say, “Decided among
> themselves to stay open and just not
> affiliate.”
>
> All decisions were being made at the top. Four
> adults (Shepherds & wives) were “Young Militant
> Loyalists” and the rest of us, just a handful,
> were fodder in “TLWF Hammer Mill”. The
> shepherds moved to California or Iowa while
> everybody else scattered.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: September 14, 2015 11:38PM

Lily. I believe that David Cokas's church is located in Spring Valley, CA and is called Living Springs Church. They have some of David's messages on-line, if you want to hear them.

Date: September 15, 2015 12:38AM

changedagain Wrote:
> helping maintain these churches>
clarification: two churches I was a congregant in, and then aiding other crews, during my 'free time' (if such a thing existed) at the Church of the Living Word, Centers of Learning, Shiloh etc. Also, the North Hollywood Hargrave home, the home next to it (not Blix side), and perhaps as punishment after I became a bit too mouthy during church meetings, a shepherd's home at my local church. This was all done, of course, on a volunteer level.
Note; I was paid for work done on the SB church and for work done at the homes of a few valley pastors/shepherds who were careful not to take advantage of their position for material gain. I appreciated that.

>
>
> FCSLC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Salt Lake City church (Faith Chapel) was a
> > gold mine. A nice building sitting on five
> acres
> > of prime real estate on the east side.
> Location,
> > location, location ---- well it had it all and
> a
> > view of the valley. Anyway, I have to laugh
> > Apostle Dog when you say, “Decided among
> > themselves to stay open and just not
> > affiliate.”
> >
> > All decisions were being made at the top. Four
> > adults (Shepherds & wives) were “Young
> Militant
> > Loyalists” and the rest of us, just a
> handful,
> > were fodder in “TLWF Hammer Mill”. The
> > shepherds moved to California or Iowa while
> > everybody else scattered.

Date: September 15, 2015 06:10AM

There isn’t much you can say to people to make them snap out of it when they believe that the overseer or overseers of their church is deity or have a special relationship with deity that entitles them to be obeyed without question. You could tell them to just drive down the street and test the waters at another church. See if those pastors demand their money to fund their lavish lifestyles. See if they think that pastor would split up marriages and alienate children and parents. Of course I am sure the Hargraves have already twisted the scriptures about how Christ came to turn children against their parents etc. But as I said, that is twisting it quite a bit.

All I can say is that Marilyn and Gary will be standing before Christ within a decade or so, even if they get everybody together and have them start beating the heavens that they get loosed into resurrection life, guess what, they should ask John what he thinks about that, the next time John visits them. I recall they claimed that John did visit them after he died. I guess since Marilyn never produced her commisioning tape, they figured that would give her some clout. All of them, John, Marilyn, and Gary will stand before Christ and give an account. They have the chance right now to make things right. They are not getting any younger, so if they want to enter resurection life, they better get the sheeple started interceding.

Date: September 15, 2015 09:42PM

To add to my last post. I do not wish anything bad on Gary and Marilyn. I hope they will repent and be saved. I do wish them long life and salvation, but that is their choice. It is not automatic because of their rank in that church of theirs. They are getting old now, and time if running out for them like it is for all of us. They will not become eternal beings that have to answer to no-one, they will go before the Lord and account for their live.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 16, 2015 12:22AM

changedagain: I do not know the amount but I’m certain is was sizeable. It still “chaps my hide” when remembering all the sacrifice the locals made just to have a church for their children to attend that was an alternative to the predominant faith of the region.

In retrospect, the children may have grown up “more normal” if they had gone to the Mormon Church instead. Can’t believe I’m saying this!!

Date: September 16, 2015 01:03AM

It's hard to say how any one of us would react if we had the leverage over G & M's life that they had over ours. I would hope my approach would simply be to treat them as no better/no worse than the average person in the fellowship (which presumably, would not be like sh*t). I think simply not being elevated in status before the rest of the fellowship would be enough of a burden for them to bear.

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To add to my last post. I do not wish anything bad
> on Gary and Marilyn. I hope they will repent and
> be saved. I do wish them long life and salvation,
> but that is their choice. It is not automatic
> because of their rank in that church of theirs.
> They are getting old now, and time if running out
> for them like it is for all of us. They will not
> become eternal beings that have to answer to
> no-one, they will go before the Lord and account
> for their live.

Date: September 16, 2015 01:05AM

Changedagain, I am wonder what sort of home do the Hargaves live in, how does it compare to the average homes of the congregation? How about John Stevens, what srot of property did he have? I know that nobody knows what Stevens had in the bank, his wife said property and cash and silver worth forty million dollars. What about the Hargraves? How much has the tithes and love offerings and free work of the people has prospered them?

I am still having a hard time accepting that I rejected the rich preachers of "Babylon" in order to enrich another preacher with just another hook.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.