Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 11, 2014 09:34PM

I like how to how this forum discussion started out. The very first post begins with a seemingly innocuous question: "Is anyone familiar with this movement?"
108 pages later...HA

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 12, 2014 01:15AM

I know that a lot of LW members lurk in this forum. They don’t post out of fear of getting into trouble with their pastors for engaging with us. I understand that too well.

Here’s my message to you active LW members:

I realize that the posts in this forum often create an instant reaction of defense and denial within you. I too, used to react that way when reading the FactNet posts.
So you can discredit us in your mind if you like and say we are all bitter, angry “blow-outs”. Maybe you would like to tell us that we are in serious jeopardy for criticizing God’s elect. That’s OK too. See, we really don’t care, because we’ve learned many new things about our time at the Living Word and we have moved on. But we understand what you must be feeling. We’ve all been there.

Here’s my suggestion to you. Don’t take what we say as true. Instead, do your own research. I recommend that you go find and read everything you can find about The Living Word and John Robert Stevens. It would be to your benefit to understand why most religious organizations and cult experts have labeled the Living Word as a “cult”. You should do that research on your own (independently) so you can fully understand and be better prepared to defend yourself when this accusation hits you (and it will). And maybe your research will help you re-evaluate the current progress in your own personal spiritual life.

I dare you to wake up.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: November 12, 2014 03:08AM

Not as an opposing voice but as a reminder,

To endeavor to say , we have need to guard our way - on a path in life, which we each will choose how - in the way we will walk.

In searching for truth - in all that I have lived - the one thing I don't want to become, is a dog. The warning is - Outside are the dogs. (Rev 22:15 ) :

I don't want to find out later down the road that I became like a dog, justifying the pursuit of a taking a prey, only to find, I really was dogging men - thinking what I did, was for the sake of my fellow. Those who I say, I love.

Rather I should shake the mountains and awake the trees for the Psalmist sang in singing - in the Songs of Solomon 8:4 . Do not arouse or waken my love until she pleases.

The Word of the Lord ( which guards the Way ) is sharper than any two edged sword.

Date: November 12, 2014 03:28AM

???

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 12, 2014 04:45AM

Invisible:

I’ll admit I want/wanted revenge for the way I was treated by my designated shepherd. The festering did not dissipate over a twenty-nine year period of being silent. Whether I am a dog or not, speaking up in a group setting such as this forum is helping to set me free.

So in my case, “A live dog is better than a dead lion.” (Ecclesiastes 9:4)

I want to live; whatever it takes to destroy the evil perpetrated upon us by men twisting the scriptures is within the field of play-------especially for dogs.

As “Rambo” said, “They drew first blood.”

Those who are still in TLWF should refrain from reading our posts if they are offended by them. They left us for dead without even looking back or having any concern. My concern is repairing the damage they have inflicted--------they are not going to win twice by playing the “godly conduct” card.

Jesus can sort it out.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 12, 2014 09:43AM

Invisible I don't understand exactly what your expectations are for this forum.

On this forum members current or past have permission to talk and not be shunned or silenced. Members can share their stories which may help them process their personal loss, rejection, trauma, whatever and understand they are not alone. But members may still see those who caused their rejection or trauma as not worthy of their forgiveness. So members rail against the LW. I am not a psychologist but I do know that one tool for victims of abuse is for the perpetrator to acknowledge the pain felt as this may allow a victim to gradually develop compassion toward the abuser. If the TLWF would listen, sharing our personal experiences might help to create an emotional bridge between those who rail and TLWF, to discover common beliefs and concerns. However, we know that won't happen. So what I think some of us end of doing is reexamine the past, retell it, reframe it, and hope to overcome its traumatic aspects. Along the way, we continue to rail against the LW but I think as we continue to bear witness and heal, we become more empathetic and loving. What attracts me to this forum is the mixture of personal stories told, bearing witness, and personal insights into the scripture and into what the hell happened in the LW. Invisible's post about Jesus saying he submits himself to no man helped me create a new survivor's identity. It was liberating. I also think the satire in which we engage, while not everyone's cup of tea, also lessens the sting of loss, rejection and trauma.

Posted by: uijournalist ()
Date: November 12, 2014 11:23AM

Hello,

I am a journalism student at the University of Iowa. I am interested in writing a story about the Shiloh, Iowa church and the Living World Fellowship as a whole, exploring a lot of the claims I've read about the church and why people still seem to be drawn to it. I would like to speak to members who have left, so if any of you did have a past affiliation with Shiloh are willing to talk to me (you can be left anonymous in the article if you wish!), please PM me to exchange emails and such.

Thanks!

Date: November 12, 2014 07:43PM

I love my dog. He's helped me get through a lot of things...mainly because he doesn't seem to give a sh*t about the pressures of the day. At least that's the vibe he gives off. In fact, I think he very well could be the embodiment of Matthew 6:34:"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Date: November 12, 2014 08:01PM

Just noticed that the trash can in the kitchen is knocked over, and it will take me at least ten minutes to clean everything up. I'm really tired and shouldn't have to face this reality late at night...
I've changed my mind about my dog. He's not great after all. Please disregard the previous comment about him being some big solution in my life.

Date: November 12, 2014 10:48PM

Are you sure it was you dog? Maybe you have been sleep-walking again.

Welcome uijournalist to our gang. I'm sure there are Shiloh people who would talk to you.

Also, it is interesting to note that some people (a few) feel that the LW was a sound and healthy branch of Christianity under John. These people feel that it didn't go off track until Gary & Marilyn took charge. So they will defend JRS and get upset when the "c" word is used. I'm convinced that the foundation laid by JRS already had flaws in it and unhealthy practices were already going on as early as the late 60's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.