Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 16, 2014 11:32PM

Good to hear from Saw enough.

lily rose: Your reference to Acts 20:32 is great. I will be adding it to my list of freedom verses.

You know, when I left the “Walk” I also quit reading the Bible. I have been having as much fun as possible in the world. My motto was/is: “If you’re going to hell, might as well go in flames!”

Anyway, I have learned more insight and freedom verses on this forum than anywhere. Being incapable of sorting it all out by myself, this forum is providing the means to change my whole “Christian Paradigm”.

Heartfelt thanks to all the “theological scholars” posting on this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 17, 2014 02:36AM

Invisible. You wrote: “I realized also in reading this story that just because He in reality was the only Begotten Son of God, that God did not give Him a free pass - - because the Scriptures says there is no partiality with God.

-----------------------------

I need help understanding because I am having a disconnect with the thinking. If God created us in His image, telling us to be fruitful & multiply and enjoy-----basically being “free” to do fifty million gazillon things-----except eat from one Tree------that is 99.9999999999999999 % “Freedom.”

Man screwed up, Jesus was crucified to atone/rectify/restore, and now we’re back to freedom-----implying we’ve been given a “free pass” for free from God the Father.

There are only two rules: Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

I’m not saying it’s OK to be a jackass, but rather live as a normal loving person.

The “simpleton” Christian------FCSLC.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 17, 2014 12:02PM

I don't think there's any point in objecting to what is said on a social network. If freedom of expression means anything here, it means we can tell the LW what they do not want to hear.

Date: November 18, 2014 08:25AM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>>
> You know, when I left the “Walk” I also quit
> reading the Bible. I have been having as much fun
> as possible in the world. My motto was/is: “If
> you’re going to hell, might as well go in
> flames!”
>
> Anyway, I have learned more insight and freedom
> verses on this forum than anywhere. Being
> incapable of sorting it all out by myself, this
> forum is providing the means to change my whole
> “Christian Paradigm”.
>
> Heartfelt thanks to all the “theological
> scholars” posting on this forum.
____________________________________________________________-

I couldn't agree more. I am very thankful to those who caution, remind, and encourage from the scriptures. Don't stop.

I was struck by Sawenough's word's that TLWF was destructive to many.
Even though we were members of a Christian Church and God in the Bible repeatedly tells believers not to judge one another, many in the LW experienced harsh judgment from church leaders regarding their submission, their intercession, their marriage, the way they raised their children, their time spent in works, taking a vacation, etc. It's not surprising that maybe some came out of it with a complex about being criticized. I know I did. I would put up big walls and even shunned people who judged me. I am still working on this. Anyway, I want to be more sensitive to that wound in others.

Didn't we hear over and over as members of the LW that King David was a man after God's own heart? Yet David seemed to have gone through hard circumstances and it appeared he withdrew from God; he even had a period when he didn't write any Psalms. Yet there was nothing David did that made God love him less. Wow, I can't remember what my point was but I am going to leave this paragraph in my post anyway.

Posted by: uijournalist ()
Date: November 18, 2014 11:22AM

Hi all,

I posted a few pages ago about how I am a journalism student writing a story about Shiloh and its role in the Living Word Fellowship. I've spoken to a couple of you about speaking more one-on-one, but if anyone else who has connections with Shiloh would be willing to talk, that would be great! I don't want to use your stories to write anything sensational. I just want to tell the truth. Thanks.

Date: November 18, 2014 04:09PM

So, I still can't remember what my point was about King David. I have to blame it all on Anderson Cooper. I was composing my post with my TV on in the background and Coop was talking about a new service being offered for folks who like to be cuddled. It's called "Platonic Cuddling." Your joking I thought, but he wasn't and I totally lost my focus on my post. One thing though I do remember about Kind David was my trip to Israel and the King David Hotel, King David Cleaners, King David Deli and if you were looking for a McDonalds, forget it, look for McDavids.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 21, 2014 09:24AM

From a former long-time member of TLWF:

"If we hadn't left when I was 40, we would have no home equity, no savings, and no Social Security because for sure they move out the older people for the younger, more compliant shepherds."

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:45AM

Only the wealthy shepherds get to stay in place. If you don't have your own non-LW nest egg, you are forced into retirement and off the support funds. I think this has happened to most 2nd generation pastors like: Lindy, Miller, Forbes, Sayers, Dempster. Etc, etc.

Date: November 21, 2014 12:09PM

And how many of these former “Conquering---Walk---Latter Rain Manifest Sons of God” were so down & out that they ended up getting food & shelter from Old Order Evil Babylonian Churches.

I think somewhere, in some realm, somebody might be shaking their head in utter amazement!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 21, 2014 09:59PM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only the wealthy shepherds get to stay in place.
> If you don't have your own non-LW nest egg, you
> are forced into retirement and off the support
> funds. I think this has happened to most 2nd
> generation pastors like: Lindy, Miller, Forbes,
> Sayers, Dempster. Etc, etc.

Meanwhile, what is the financial situation with the Hargraves? Does anyone know? I've heard, but it's never been confirmed, they own a 5 million dollar home in Hawaii...along with other properties. If so, how did they manage that...when there hasn't been enough funds to provide an above poverty level support for retired TLWF ministries...many with over 35 years of faithful service?
Oops...I forgot. Don't question 'God's anointed.' Please disregard this post.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.