Current Page: 17 of 34
Psychosis after a Tony Robbins Seminar??
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: September 24, 2004 12:59PM

Wow, i just looked at a sales email from Robbins company promoting their coaching program!
What's fascinating about this is the same old sales-contract tricks they are using.
You see them make the advertising claims that people have; "doubled her income" and another got a "whopping 788 percent ROI".

Now the problem here is that the full contract, as listed above, specifically says that all advertising claims do not apply once you sign the stupid contract! So what's the point in making these subjective claims with no evidence, and then not back them up?
To trick you into signing the contract, of course. (there are "limitations" and you have to PAY IN FULL IN ADVANCE).
We've seen how well that can work! NOT!

Of course, they also use the "limited time offer" false urgency, scarcity sales bullcrap.

Again, if they offered a decent product, they wouldn't need all these weasely salestricks, and disclaimers, limitations, and tricky contracts.
Just a big, fat, money harvesting machine.
Get stuffed!!!

Coz
------------(here's the sales-pitch)---------
We’ve been hearing from many of you who are making tremendous strides using the tools you learned from Tony Robbins. We commend your resolve and congratulate you for sticking with a game plan that you designed for a more extraordinary quality of life.

But we understand that there may be some of you looking for a bit of support to get you over the top, just one more piece of the puzzle to kick the wheels of momentum into high gear. A few coaching sessions could be the answer.

To help keep your momentum going, we have developed an exclusive coaching offer featuring a complimentary bonus session with a trained Anthony Robbins Coach AND $100 off your total contract price.*

Considered the father of the life coaching industry – some have paid more that $1 million for his personal mentoring – Tony understands the tremendous value coaching provides. And so do our clients.

Helana Cauliffe, a martial arts academy owner in Florida, more than doubled her monthly gross earnings after implementing Tony’s coaching program.

An independent research study commissioned by a Fortune 500 company found that one executive coaching program produced a whopping 788 percent ROI.

What’s great about coaching is you work one-on-one with someone trained to help you achieve the goals you have set up for yourself. Your coach provides that accountability you may be seeking, while helping you create a clear picture of your most important outcomes so you can stay motivated and on track.

If coaching seems to be the right fit for you, we are pleased to extend the following one-time offer:

Receive a complimentary bonus session and $100 off your total contract price when you sign up for VIP coaching. If you sign up today, you’ll also get a free streaming Anthony Robbins PowerTalk! ($19.95 value).
This special offer expires October 8, 2004

* This offer is only available to new coaching clients who pay in full. Offer Expires October 8, 2004. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Restrictions apply.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 05, 2004 08:41AM

The same old Landmarkian moles are up to their tricks again, Talking up the Outstanding Landmark Experience on the Robbins website.
Trolling for "wet behind the ears", credulous, "fresh meat" on the Tony Robbins board.

[www.tonyrobbins.com]

Coz

Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: October 07, 2004 02:41AM

A Seattle television station, KING 5, ran ads for a story upcoming on their Evening Magazine, about Tony Robbins. So I made a point of viewing the story when it aired last night.
The film might very well have been provided by Robbins, was slickly done, no actual interviews of or with local Seattle people. Quite a bit of time lauding him, no critique whatsoever. During commercial breaks the voice of a local news reporter, Mimi Gan, would remind us to stay tuned for him, her voice used to make a big deal of how wonderful he is. Only one line in the whole piece even referred to Seattle, and usually this show focuses on Western Washington interest stories.
Lots of footage of Tony jumping, yelling, sweating, working up crowds. Loud music and flashing lights shown used. Tony with Clinton and other famous folks, Tony reflecting on his time with Mother Theresa........the whole thing was a slick advert.
I'll paste in a copy of what is on the KING 5 site on the piece, they also include a link direct to his official site.

Tony Robbins: It's in the power of the mind

09:45 PM PDT on Tuesday, October 5, 2004

By MIMI GAN / Evening Magazine

A man is cleaning an office building late at night picking up the garbage left over from the day's work. This man, down on his luck, is not making much money, but a couple of years later he lands his own helicopter on the roof of the building.

How did he do it? Did he hit the lottery?

No, he says, he did it simply through the power of the mind and positive thinking.

It's the story of Anthony Robbins.

Evening Magazine

Tony Robbins
"Most people call me because they want to change some aspect of performance," he said. "They're looking for strategy, not looking for a pump-up. It's really about developing a strategy of how you get consistent results in your life."

Tony Robbins creates incredible crowds wherever he appears.

Ten thousand showed up for one Seattle seminar. He's part preacher, part rock star, and a master at motivation.

And when it comes to working an audience into a frenzy, few can rival Robbins.

"For 22 years I've been obsessed to answer the question: What makes the difference in the quality of people's lives? Why do certain people succeed to the highest level humanly possible and other people struggle?" he said.

Robbins seems to have the answers to those questions.

His infomercials are a fixture on late-night TV. He has sold millions of books and tapes and if that's not impressive enough, Robbins' client list includes world leaders and star athletes.

Tennis player Andre Agassi was in a career slump and ranked 13th. He credits Robbins' mental coaching with helping him win the U.S. Open.

Even Princess Diana asked for Robbins' advice.

Robbins' own road to success was anything but royal.

"Early in my life, I grew up in a very tough environment and we were poor financially. Worse, we were poor emotionally. By the time I got to my third father, I'm confused," he recalled.

His father left when he was a young boy. His mother married and divorced several times. When Robbins was 17, he was kicked out of the house with only $10 in his pocket.

After some success in sales, Robbins in his twenties ended up broke, overweight and overwhelmed.

"More people can relate to problems than they can to the solution, and a lot of us don't want our problems solved too quickly. Problems give us a reason to be who we are and they give us a reason not to try," he said.

But Robbins found a reason to try. He calls it "massive pain," and it became his motivating force.

"Everyone has had unbelievably tough times, myself included, but ultimately it's those moments of decision that shape your destiny," he said.

Resources
Anthony Robbins
After making a study of successful people's secrets and reading tons of psychology books, Robbins began his own motivational seminars which culminated with his students taking a fire walk. Before long, he became wildly successful selling motivational tapes and hitting the bestseller list with his first book.

Robbins believes successful people share a certain trait.

"People that succeed are usually unreasonable. Everybody likes to be reasonable today, lower your expectations, don't get your hopes up," he said. "But you never achieve anything unless you get your hopes up."

"The people that succeed, the Oprahs, the Bill Gateses, the Nelson Mandelas, I don't care what the context is – spiritual, financial, business, family – those people are hungry for more because they're not willing to settle for less than they can be."

Of all the people Robbins has met, one proved success is not always measured with money.

"She [Mother Teresa] was a person who loved unconditionally," he said. "There was nobody she saw below her."

We talked to some of the not-so-famous people to see how Tony Robbins has affected their lives.

"It's made my life a lot better because I work with disabled children, and what I learned from him I put into them trying to build self-confidence and give back to the community," said one.

"My first two years of college, I got D's and C's. My last two years of college I got all A's, even though I studied less than an hour a day," said another.

"I love to see people light up. When people remember who they are, no longer in no-man's land… when they finally break out, you can see the sparkle in their eyes, they're going to live their path," said Tony.

Robbins' own path has led to a fortune. He makes millions of dollars. He has several homes, and he even owns a resort island in Fiji, but with all his wealth and personal power, Tony Robbins says there's one thing that means true success.

"I just think being grateful for wherever you are in your life is the secret to a happy and successful life. No thing, nothing will really make you happy, but contribution and growth will make you happy," he concluded

Date: October 07, 2004 04:01AM

That is the official "Tony Robbins myth-story".
It gets repeated over and over. Any of his followers have heard that BS story hundreds of times.

What's funny, is that he used to always bash his mother/(fathers) for having such a crappy upbringing, and having 3 fathers, etc.

Well, Robbins got one woman preggo, then married another and had kids and got divorced, and now has married a new one, and will probably have kids with her.
So Tony, instead of asking your mom, "why did I have 3 fathers", ask yourself, WHY DO YOU HAVE 3 FAMILIES?
(what a hypocrite).
What's wrong with your "relationship advice" Tony, that you have ended up with children from 2 women, working on your third? (that we know of).
Also, one of his kids ended up on drugs, and was overweight, etc, etc.

(Guess what, the guy is a f*cked up human, like the rest of the human species, and not Mr Superman with all the answers. But that doesn't sell very well, eh? So he better create the False Image and sell that).

Also, Robbins fails to mention the TRUTH in his BS stories, about all the people he stomped on, countless lawsuits, and the "lies of success" he told at the start of his career to make him APPEAR successful.

(See, all you have to do is lie, and PRETEND you are successful, and then people buy your stuff, THEN you become rich, and then since you are rich, more people buy your stuff!! :D See how it works? The tough part is being a good enough liar at the beginning. :wink: )

I would guess Robbin's PR people have a slick video they give away, probably with the narration already written, for the host to read. Its free content for the local station. Lots of people do that now.

The guy will use anyone to promote himself, dead or alive, preferably dead I guess.
Wow, he counseled the troubled lady Di, and he met Mother Theresa.
I guess everyone who met Mother Theresa is a Saint by association, eh?

What a crock.
But sadly, these absurd manipulations work all to well on the masses.

Coz

Posted by: conway ()
Date: October 10, 2004 02:43AM

Always thought there was something fishy about him. Excellent point about the 3 fathers, 3 families!!!!

How much do his tapes cost!!!! Paying for 3 families can be expensive.

Posted by: TakeBlindersOff ()
Date: October 11, 2004 07:28PM

Cosmophilospher
Wow, he counseled the troubled lady Di, and he met Mother Theresa.
I guess everyone who met Mother Theresa is a Saint by association, eh?
Coz

I met Mother Theresa many years ago while volunteering at her mission in the South Bronx and was a total fan. However, a friend opened my eyes to the real Mother Theresa with a short book by Christopher Hitchins, "The Missionary Position." Can find this on either half.com or Amazon. Not generally found in retail stores.

Wow, she makes Robbins look positively small potatoes in the art of manipulation. Is nothing sacred? Hell, no! :wink:

Editorial review:
What's next--The Girl Scouts: The Untold Story? How could anybody write a debunking book about Mother Teresa and her Missionaries of Charity order? Well, in this little cruise missile of a book, Hitchens quickly establishes that the idea is not without point. After all, what is Mother Teresa doing hanging out with a dictator's wife in Haiti and accepting over a million dollars from Charles Keating? The most riveting material in the book is contained in two letters: one from Mother Teresa to Judge Lance Ito--then weighing what sentence to dole out to the convicted Keating--which cited all the work Keating has done "to help the poor," and another from a Los Angeles deputy D.A., Paul Turley, back to Mother Teresa that eloquently stated that rather than working to reduce Keating's sentence, she should return the money he gave her to its rightful owners, the defrauded bond-holders. (Significantly, Mother Teresa never replied.) And why do former missionary workers and visiting doctors consistently observe that the order's medical practices seem so inadequate, especially given all the money that comes in? (Hitchens acidly observes that on the other hand, Mother Teresa herself always manages to receive world-class medical care.) Hitchens's answer is that Mother Teresa is first and foremost interested not in providing medical treatment, but in furthering Catholic doctrine and--quite literally--becoming a saint.

Date: October 15, 2004 06:59AM

Some guy just mentioned how Robbins was on QVC selling his crap, and he started "crying".
[www.tonyrobbins.com]

Robbins also gets "teary" in his most recent infomercial.

This is a totally manipulative tactic.
Through studying "method acting", its pretty easy to learn how to cry on cue. You just imagine something that makes you cry, while doing something else. Its called "substitution".
If you need to get teary, maybe you think about Fluffy the cat who died, when you are singing some song, or acting.

As i have said before, Robbins is "modeling" the techniques of the professional film actor, and one of the techniques is crying on cue.
He cries, as it makes him connect with his audience, like Oprah does.

Unfortunately, people are fooled much too easily by these cheap theatrics.
His sociopathic manipulation of people's vulnerabilites knows no bounds, and knows no limits. He's one scary dude.

Coz

Posted by: TakeBlindersOff ()
Date: October 15, 2004 10:07PM

He's managed to change "there's nothing worse than a grown man crying" to his advantage. Wow, I'm speechless.

Maybe his products aren't selling and he's not just shedding crocodile tears? :lol:

Date: October 16, 2004 02:31AM

"Get The Edge" is most likely not selling as well as his other programs, so he really has to push it.
He offers "Personal Power II" as a "free bonus" with it to make it sell better. Why?
Because he can't sell the ENTIRE PPII program, as he had to cut out all of the bullcrap about his ex-wife that is in it!!
I guess he could have gone through the program, and just edited in the new wife's name over the old wife...

As far as the tears, he KNOWS that when a Manly Man like him, can "shed a tear of compassion" that it moves women's hearts.
In his infomercial, he "tears up" when talking about how he has helped people "change".
Robbins is performing at the level of an amateur actor. He is not very talented emotionally, but he is not bad, so most people buy it. He is about as good a bad soap-opera actor. (they use Vicks Vaporub to get their eyes to water. Seriously!
Or props can come a put the fake tears on, if they can't cry that day.)

Anyway, Robbins knows that if he can "shed a tear" when thinking about all the people he has saved from themselves, then WOMEN will melt. Elvis shed a tear from time to time.
Robbins does all sorts of things, to literally make women LOVE him.
In his infomercial, the way he does the edits, and his language, and hand movements are literally designed to make people "love him", not just "like him".
I wish I could see QVC, as I could tape him and analyze it. But I know what he does. Its all NLP stuff, to communicate with people unconsciously.
Men don't watch QVC! Its mainly women.
So he can go out there and be all "sensitive", and it works.

When he does/did his business seminars, he would be very tough and ruthless, and show you all of the Tech to manipulate people. At least he did in the past, when he was more honest about being dishonest.

His goal in "crying" is to make people feel like they do when watching a movie, or watching Oprah, etc. Oprah cries all the time on TV, and so does her audience.
Can you imagine what it takes to walk into a noisy TV studio, then sell your products, and then start crying on cue? ITS NOT EASY. He has been practicing that technique for a number of years now.

His product, "Get The Edge" is a HOOK. Its to get you HOOKED, and then he can start his "upselling" process on you.

The "tears" you shed when you do this are "real", as you are having a REAL emotion, if you are good at it. I know many pro TV actors, and they can ALL cry on cue. The thing is, they COULD all be con-artists, but they are NOT. They don't use those acting skills off-camera too much, as its just too evil. You could trick almost anyone.

But Robbins just sees all the skills of the pro-actor as another sales tool.
That is EXACTLY what Tom Cruise does as well.
Robbins is just "modeling" the most successful persuaders in the mass media, like Oprah, Cruise, etc.
Its all about emotional manipulation, and having that rockstar sex-appeal and sensitivity WORKS on the ladies BIG TIME.
Many women have sexual dreams and fantasies about Robbins. Robbins "engineers" this by using all of his Tech, including Ericksonian hypnosis, and "hand movements" taken from NLP to communicate unconsciously.

If you doubt me on this, just register on www.tonyrobbins.com/community as a woman, and then start a thread about Tony, and after a while, ask if women have ever had any "dreams" about Tony, or "thoughts" (wink), or whatever. If you do it right, you will see MANY women come forward with these dreams and fantasies.

I have seen MANY women who want to meet Robbins, and get to know him, and even MARRY him! They feel that he "understands her", even though she has just listened to his tapes!

So it goes far beyond just being their "best friend". He wants to be their "love object" and "sex object", and ultimately their "Godman object", which i have yet to even get into!

What is so ironic, is that he says over and over he is NOT your Guru, when in fact, that is EXACTLY what he is engineering.
Its totally ruthless, cold-blooded, and calculated for maximum effectiveness. People are putty in his hands.

Coz

Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 16, 2004 03:11AM

I'll bet dollars to donuts he's using a major marketing firm and focus groups to determine how best to tailor his message to his various target audiences. Tough guy when targeting men, old softie when targeting women.

What cracks me up about Landmark is that they tell their participants they don't advertise, but I've found at least one ad agency that was given a 5 million dollar budget to do a campaign for them. And of course, they pay big bucks for PR, websites, Search Engine Optimization, direct mail to past participants, and ads all over the 'net.

BTW, as a woman, I have to say I think Tony Robbins is ugly as sin. He looks like Lurch from the old "Addams Family" TV series here in the U.S. ("You rang?")

Except...Lurch was likeable.

:wink:

Glam

Current Page: 17 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.