Current Page: 3 of 7
letting go of a lekkie: abandonment or necessity?
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 13, 2007 02:06AM

Well, the you're now a "success story" on a friendship she's kept. Because that's how you'll be referred to in courses, like a sales-prop.

I don't understand how she could use this mess as a success story. She tried and failed to recruit me, and failed to keep the friendship in the process. I can see being referred to as someone who was just holding her back that she walked away from, but not a success. At least I hope not. How exactly does landmark re-define the term success?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maurice ()
Date: September 13, 2007 03:12AM

ON2 LF
I don't understand how she could use this mess as a success story. She tried and failed to recruit me, and failed to keep the friendship in the process. I can see being referred to as someone who was just holding her back that she walked away from, but not a success. At least I hope not. How exactly does landmark re-define the term success?

Success in landmarkia is whatever they say is a success. If you friend didn't manage to recruit you, the success is that she shared landmark with you and she did invite you without being stopped by 'looking good'. If you're still friends, the success is that she powerfully managed to share with you and give you the power of choice (which you just rejected: only "yes i'll join" is a 'choice') without making you wrong (your version does not count. As a non-landmarkian, you are by default running rackets therefore whatever you think or feel is only a 'story'). If there are problems, the success is that the 'inauthenticities' are now exposed and can be 'looked at'. Remember, Landmark save people from their rackets. So if you reject landmark, it's your racket trying to save themselves. You do want to join landmark. The 'you' that doesn't want landmark is not really 'you' but your 'act'. The real you is the 'possibility'. So it's all about sharing the possibility until you see it. "Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated". If a friendship is broken, well, it's your act that broke the friendship. Not the technology. If an adept loses a non-lekkie friend, it cannot be called a success, so they'll just say 'it's not a failure, just something that happened. 'Failure' is an interpretation, 'Failure' is not 'what happened'. Life is empty an meaningless. (repeat it in a 'hare krishna'-style until the group feels that you got it and gives you permission to stop).
By the way, the success part is only the second half of the coaching. Before anything else, your friend will be questioned until she admits that she ran rackets too, she tried to made you wrong etc...Only after she confesses her part of 'inauthenticity' she'll get the candy.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:44AM

ON2 LF
I don't see the ray of hope for recovery in my friendship because my friend happens to be a very self-assured, never wrong, and proud person. Even if she were to be thinking that she'd been had in a big way by landmark, she would be too proud to humble herself enough to say she was wrong and that she still needs a friend like me in her life. I would bet that you never had the issues with pride that my friend does.

Gee, this sounds like my sister. I think it's unthinkable for her to even consider that the lgat that schmoozed her (and a lot of her $$$$) was less than honest, and in fact, messed with her mind. Nope. She will not go there. Too proud. She could never be wrong. It seems that she will defend the lgat-scam till the day she dies. If the lgat lied to her, somehow it's a reflection on her, her intelligence, ability to judge, etc., is what it seems to me, after many attempts to direct her to some COUNTER information. Perhaps the longer she defends it the more she has to keep defending it.

Between the two of us: stalemate.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:49AM

ON2 LF
I will remain open to her if she ever needs or wants a friendship, but I will not pursue the friendship like I've always had to either. Her involvement and conversion to this malicious cult has deeply impacted and messed with me personally, I cannot let the impact affect or dictate to my everyday life anymore.

I relate to what you say, ON2. I'm still working out the reasons I am not open to my sister ---> [i:958be7c815]until she sees what happened[/i:958be7c815]. For some reason, that it my condition. I suppose it could change at some point, but that's how it is now.

My sister's involvement deeply impacted and messed with me personally too, and after 2.5 years of trying to relate to her and realizing that it was traumatic for me, I decided to terminate the relationship. I am still trying to recover from the damage that was done to my self-confidence.

I can't say enough how much I DETEST lgats.

skeptic

Date: September 13, 2007 07:14AM

it amazes how typical and same are the experiences produced by the 'one size presumably fits all' lekkie programming. Every individual experience with a hardcore lekkie seems to create the same devastation for the same reasons. They did manage to produce a blanket consequence with their 'everyone is the same' philosophy, but they have yet to master or even to grasp the reality of how unique and unpredictable are the victims of their programming.

Thanks for the analogy maurice! I see now how I may be a success story in lekkie [i:ffad3f3cc7]logic[/i:ffad3f3cc7].
Unfortunately for the programmed however, success couldn't be further from their reach.

Date: September 13, 2007 07:37AM

As a non-landmarkian, you are by default running rackets therefore whatever you think or feel is only a 'story'). If there are problems, the success is that the 'inauthenticities' are now exposed and can be 'looked at'. Remember, Landmark save people from their rackets. So if you reject landmark, it's your racket trying to save themselves. You do want to join landmark. The 'you' that doesn't want landmark is not really 'you' but your 'act'. The real you is the 'possibility'. So it's all about sharing the possibility until you see it. "Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated". If a friendship is broken, well, it's your act that broke the friendship. Not the technology. If an adept loses a non-lekkie friend, it cannot be called a success, so they'll just say 'it's not a failure, just something that happened. 'Failure' is an interpretation, 'Failure' is not 'what happened'. Life is empty an meaningless. (repeat it in a 'hare krishna'-style until the group feels that you got it and gives you permission to stop).
By the way, the success part is only the second half of the coaching. Before anything else, your friend will be questioned until she admits that she ran rackets too, she tried to made you wrong etc...Only after she confesses her part of 'inauthenticity' she'll get the candy.

LOL! It is absolutely mind boggling to realize that some of society's intelligent people have been convinced/brainwashed into thinking, beyond any doubt, that the landmarkian take on reality actually exists!
Werner can assimilate this: he can't play with the grown ups here in the real world because he is a spineless liar who must have never forgave his mommy or daddy for not catering to him when he threw his weener sized tantrums. So he had to become rich by exploiting/scamming whoever will give to him (a panhandler case), and he hides like the pathetic little inauthentic man he is today, far from where he would be treated like the man he fantasizes being. He wouldn't know 'a stand' if it kicked him in the ass.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 13, 2007 04:39PM

[quote="skepticPerhaps the longer she defends it the more she has to keep defending it.

skeptic;
what I learned was that the more we try to argue against the LGATs the more resistance is built up in the "recruited cultist"...I certainly have seen this in practice with my friend. Now I just kind of try to slide in a side door...i don't question her integrity...she is already feeling enough shame and inadequacy, lack of self esteem...i don't have to add to it. I am just attempting bit by bit to build up her self-esteem again. I am using photos from when she was young, reminding her of how tallented, patient and kind she was...gently trying to coax her back to her "original" self.

I have suggested that she look at times in her life when she was truly happy, to remember her accomplishements, and to try to remember what her "intrinsic" nature is, before she was socialized, by school, church, peer pressure. It is a case of two steps forward, then one step back, then a few more steps forward.

I try not to get discouraged when she falls back into her "Landmark/EST crap" - - i know we have a long way to go yet!

'shad'

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 14, 2007 03:01PM

It would seem that the only 'authentic' success for a Lekkie is breaking free of Landmark. The logic behind this is because a typical Lekkie is pretty useless in the 'normal' world. I mean, of all the tens of thousands who have attended forums how many can really say they've achieved a satisfying degree of success? And I mean overall success, not just making more money (and I doubt many have achieved that either).

In fact, all the Lekkies I know have actually become less successful in many areas of their lives, especially financially.

I suppose they have to hit rock bottom before they find their own strength to really pursue 'authentic' happiness.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 14, 2007 08:15PM

Jack Oskar Larm
I suppose they have to hit rock bottom before they find their own strength to really pursue 'authentic' happiness.

Exactly.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 15, 2007 01:33AM

Yeah, it's really sad hey...so many "emotional cripples" hobbling through life. As if life does not have enough stressor to keep us down, now we have to add this contrived strees (the bluddy LGATs)!!!

Another friend was telling me about a friend of hers who is now involved with "the Secret". My friend told me that this woman has been involved in several different scams like this over the years, all of them promising her financial success.

The irony of this is that the woman has spent in excess of $100,000.00!!! - with that kind of money she could own her own house by now.

Financial success indeed - the only people who get that are the con-artists selling the crummy product!

Buyer beward indeed!

'shad'

Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.