Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Recovery from LGAT "Discovery" in Dallas
Posted by: sanjalynn ()
Date: March 17, 2009 05:25AM

OK, I have read Rick Ross's site and read through alot of this site. It seems to me that people who are downing this program have not went through it or have never really research what their policies, and messages really are about. They met people right where they are at. They don't force anything on anyone. You are free to go at anytime and they don't call you, write you, or hassel you in anyway to come bk. Do they want to help people get rid of the pass, face the future, who they have become, and what they want to released and be deliverd from. YES! They do not put words in anyones mouth, and they let YOU give names to issues in your life. If you want prayer it is there for you. If you don't they want. The people that go are people searching for some type of acceptance, they get it there, a place where they are not being judged, they get it there, a place where they can feel safe, and free to talk about anything, and still have acceptance, and love no matter how bad what they have to say is.
It is everyones free will to go or not. I think it would be somewhat harder for married people who do not go together and I could see how spouses that don't go maybe feel allianated, because you do get very close with the TA's that have helped you with their jouney, and with their classmates that have gone through the experience with them. People that have battled their demons, shared untold secerts, poured out their whole heart, screamed out together, encouraged one another, cried, and laught with each other. Yes I can see that a married couple not experienceing this journey together would be tough. The person that did not go, well there is NO WAY they could even begin to understand the changes that have came, and the changes that are about to come. But one thing that both parties need to understand and keep in mind, is if there were problems there in your marriage before that spouse went, well Discovery is not GOD, they can not fix or distroy your marriage. Come on lets think about this. Even a marriage counselor (Ceritfied) would tell you that the only way any marriage will be successful is if they both work together to change, grow, and give a little more of themselves to work to strength their bond, and marriage, AND they both ask God for help. Also what may or might have happened is that you did not have a clue that your spouse was unhappy, feeling alone in their heart, or just plain wanted out and going to Discovery helped them to get intouch with their feelings, their wants, and or the strength to go on and just get out. I hve seen plenty of couples that one went and one did not and they are still together today and very happen and they imbarssed the new group of people their spouse has come to know and love together. All I know is that it really made me take a long look at myself and why I was allowing things to go on around me even though I hated them, didn't want to live that way anymore, but I was already feeling these things. Everyone that goes and stays and keeps coming bk are searching for something, to get rid of junk, and or acceptance because they feel like everyone around them didn't care, was to busy for them, etc........but they are searching for something. Discovery allows these people to find out what that something is in a very safe and loving atmosphere. I know the every person that goes there has been robbed of something, afraid to face something, can't get over passed junk, wants deliverance, wants peace, wants joy, wants to start living life to the fullest. I don't thing it is righ to judge something that you have never experience or atleast research a lot more. Its just like if you had a problem with a product and you were seeking out others that had problems with that product, well you surely would not build a case on allowing good statements about that product to get into your research NO you would only write down all the negative statements. But that is robbing yourself as well as others to the full story including the people who have used the product and loved it. Come on lets be fair now. You know God is awesome, Jesus met people right where they were in their lifes and that is what Discovery does. It simple mets people right where they are. I hope you will post this. I think everyone has a voice and in the country we live in we are told that we have freedom of speech, does this site honer that? I sure hope so. Because I remember being rejected many times over just because they didn't like the way I looked at 335lbs. They would talk about me and make fun of me and trash my character. They did not know that I had a diease that the medicine I took was making me gain enormous amounts of weight gain and also because of medicine my thyroid had stopped working. Please do not be one of those sites that just rages on about something because of the cover that others paint for you. Every person needs to take responsibility for their own marriages, failures, choices, and thier lives. See that is what Discovery teaches: how to forgive and move forward. How to look at yourself and not blame others for your disfunctions, choice, feelings,etc....but to really take a look and see what the TRUE problems are. I am truly sorry for each and everyone one of you that have had bad experiences, but I can guarantee you the if Discovery-Training were a cult we would all be living together in a commune so we would not have to go out into this ugly world of people and take stress, unkind words, ugly actions, man I could go on and on. Believe me if we were a cult none of you would ever see us. Yes we do become a support for each other. But Discovery was not where peoples problems truly began in the first place. Remember Discovery did not live anyones life before they came, those people were living their own lives. What Discovery did was to help them and equipped them with life changing tools to succeed better in life. One of their policies is that "Don't do anything for 6mths after they finish with the program". They go on to explain "because you will walk out of here on an emotional high/cloud 9, and you will be making changes and choices emotionally, not truly thinking them through, just going by how you are feeling". They warn people that this will touch every emotion in your body. That's why we have to be aware of doing anything when we are emotional and that's for anyone not just Discovery Folks.
Thank you for letting me share. I do hope you will post this as well. I know that everyone has their own opinion and people will read this and think I am crazy or brainwashed too, but rather you believe me are not my God controls my mind NOT Discovery.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notmuch4games ()
Date: March 19, 2009 09:45PM

sanjalynn- Where to start? I guess the first thing that should be mentioned is that it isn’t you or your classmates that we all find so revolting, it’s the Discovery Cult with its psuedo-psycology that we fight against.
Im glad that you have had such a wonderful experience with Discovery Cult. I guess even Russian Roulette has winners. If you truly are better for having gone to the brainwashing seminar then you are one of the fortunate few. My guess is that you are just the latest TA, Facilitator, or Discovery employee to take up the fight against what we all know to be the truth. If in fact you are another Discovery Cult employee just stop reading here.
How many ex-cult members and hurt family members do you all need to hear from before you admit that you have joined a cult? 15 pages of complaints and unfortunate truths arent enough? I will “meet you half way” and “acknowledge your position” that not EVERY person who attends Discovery goes away brainwashed. My question is this.... How many wives, mothers, fathers, husbands, sons, daughters, ect HAVE been brainwashed by this CULT? In my opinion if ONE person walks away damaged and brainwashed from these crooks' mind games that is one too many. The fact that your new religion/cult is owned and operated by a LAWYER and a GAS STATION TYCOON (from my hometown) doesn’t raise any red flags?
You went to the class, recently I presume; you were denied food, water, use of bathroom facilities, deprived of sleep, and your personal space was invaded. You accepted and gave “pee-pee to pee-pee” hugs by men, you were mentally and emotionally broken and reduced to tears. This was all done to weaken you physically and emotionally. WHY?? To make you more susceptible to the twisted message that Discovery Cult pushes.
Reminds me of boot camp…The military breaks men and women down physically and emotionally and builds them back up. This turns normal people into trained soldiers who will literally kill on order without question OR CRITICAL THOUGHT. This is a good thing for our armed forces and it makes this country safe for the rest of us-

But why would a CULT like Discovery train this way?

WHAT IS DISCOVERY TRAINING YOU FOR???

And you PAID for it! Thank you sir may I have another?! Go see a professional counselor sanjalynn- Tell a professional what has happened to you and see if they think its fishy.
You asked if we had researched Discovery. Indeed I have! Lots! It almost cost me my family. Have you? I implore you to educate yourself on the writings of Ericson, Erhardt, Large Group Awarness Training, and brainwashing…Yes, BRAINWASHING. While your’re at it have a look at North Korean interrogation tactics, ie mental coercion uses against US soldiers during the Korean war. Its what Discovery Cult did to you…AND YOU PAID THEM FOR IT!

See a professional to help you with your problems, and let Fred Lowder pump gas like he’s used to. Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. Or just add to the thread and I’ll respond in kind. I really would like to help you. In my experience Discovery will show it’s true colors as soon as you starting questions about the operation and it’s methods. It’s not your fault, or the fault of the misguided friend or relative who referred you to Discovery. They need help too.
I recommend that you take three days off from your new “family.” Don’t play the CD, which triggers the false emotions they planted. Don’t answer or read any of the 100 plus emails per day. Don’t read the literature or practice the exercises they taught you. Just sit back and reflect on what they put you through. Find your objectivity again and evaluate the criminal things that you have been put through. Good day all.
Discovery is a Cult! STOP D NOW!!

Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: March 22, 2009 02:46AM

Notmuch4 games was right on target.

Where to start is an understatement. This post by sanjalynn is a painful example of how people leave the program and absolutely are oblivious to what has just happened to them.

Discovery Training Ministries (a ministry is how discovery presents itself to the IRS) implements the same model as numerous LGATS out there. This is well documented and that fact cannot be disputed. Discovery Training is a business making a profit and hiding behind religion in order to keep from paying taxes. Why would you support people who are cheating the Federal Government?

sanjalynn, many of us have experienced the negative effect of this LGAT first hand. How dare you dismiss our pain and injury caused by these evil organizations. It is not necessary to experience something to know it is harmful.

The statement saying you can go anytime and no one will call or write you…. is 100% false. The calls, email, texts and cards to my wife asking her to come back and to recruit others (every Tuesday) were relentless. I even had recorded phone calls from chief deceiver Lowder on my voicemail reminding her to stay with it.....

Please seek professional help. Someone with a degree and not a gas station owner. I am guessing when you need medical care you seek an MD with training, or do you stop at your local gas station for advice?

Date: April 24, 2009 11:38PM

Sanjalynn- Where are you? I'm hoping you saw the light and put those nuts behind you. I'm really glad that you didn't respond. It confuses those who are here for real answers.
I guess we'll just wait for the next convert to come on here defending those who toy with minds and swindle people who are looking for help and acceptance. Good day all, see ya next time

Re: Recovery from LGAT Discovery in Dallas
Posted by: discoveryluv ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:37AM

Let me start by saying that I was truly hesistant about posting ANYTHING on here but the more I read, the more I wanted to share my expreience with Discovery.
My background - I was sexually, physically, mentally and verbally abused throught my entire childhood. I was taken away by CPS from my adopted parents at the age of 15 and the abuse did not stop there. By looking atm me now or even 10 years ago - you would never have guessed that my life was such a horror story. I look really good on the outside, but boy was I screwed up on the inside. Because of the pain I carried around for so many years, I made one poor choice after another throught my 20's. I drank alot, tried every drug that did not require a needle and led a life of promiscuity. Thankfully I met my husband when I did - I was already learning to deal with the junk but he really helped me get my life going in a direction that was good for once. I have been married for 9 years and have 2 aamazing children. My husband is a very successful businessman but unfortunately he has to travel weekly. So, add my past baggage, 2 children and a traveling husband altogether - life starts to eat way at you. I would look at my daughter and see myself - she is at the age when I remember the sexual abuse began - that is hard to take in!
Discovery came into my life at a time where I was definitely feeling like everything was falling apart. At this time my husband had no intentions of going what-so-ever but the more we talked about it - we realized that even though he thought things in his life were good, he was going to go to support me. My husband will be the first one to tell anyone that he truly thought he had nothing to deal with. I knew he did - he had no closure with his mother's death and he has major father issues that he couldn't see but I certainly could. He was passing these expectations that his parents had placed on him (and he resented them for) now onto our children. Holy Camoly - when he came out of D1 I was actually envious of how much he had truly changed - his heart was on the mend after all of these years. For me, I defintely changed as well. I was able to forgive so much and so many and also realize that I had to quit blaming others and own up to my poor decisions. After 3 months I am not "fixed" - I have to work on things dasily but I now have the tools to do this. I have never been abole to look people inn the eye - now I am 100% about eye contact. I could go on and on about what it ihas done for me but I don't want to bore you with my AMAZING life story! Yes, there are those phrases used IN the classes, but never have we used them at home. I could NOT imagine saying to my husband, "I experience you as...." However, we were given the tools to not only learn to communicate better but to live a life as a team. Yes, we have done D1-3 and not ONCE have we been asked to buy a CD, donate money or anything else crazy. It is YOUR choice of you want the CD. It's YOUR choice if you want to "adopt-a-trainee" or sponsor someone. People have asked me about Discovery and I tell them about it BUT not in complete detail. Not because I was "ordered" to do so, but I have to respect the privacy of the people that were in my class. I would also HATE to give away too much about certain amazing things that go on becasue it would take away from their experience. I am in contact with 3 people from Discovery and I am so thankful for their friendship. I would suggest that if YOU personally have not gone through ALL 3 steps - then you truly have no room to talk. If you are Christian - you are judging, right? Well, maybe you should reconsider.

Question - do you watch Dr. Phil or have an opinion about him as well? Did you know he started Pathways which was what Fred Lowder was origianlly aprt of with Dr. Phil? So maybe the attempts of getting the medisa involved are not working because they realize there is no story there. Leave well enough alone. If no one is forcing you to go - then why is this such an issue for you all naysayers out there? I don't get it but I guess I'm not supposed to. Maybe if you want media attention on this yous hould contact the Dr. Phil show. Just a suggestion.

"No one can tame the tongue...With it bless our Lord and Father, and with it curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God;from the same mouth came both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? " James 3:8-11

When I think of a cult I certainly don't see Discovery even remotely close to being in the same category. Again, I am not lookimg to get bashed by those of you who are so quick to get on here and start picking me aprt and shredding every word I pout out there. Yes, I had an amazing experience and I am so happy I went - it saved my marriage and has made me a better person, friend, wife mother and Christian. Period!

I do know one gilr who went through D1 and she left on Sunday before turn around - she said it was not her thing and not only do I respect that, but so did everyone else. She is not out there bashing the program - it just wasn't her thing. Yes, if you have a spouse that goes through and you don't go, it is hard for them to accept the change in your heart and face. Again, I would simply suggest that if YOU personally have not gone though Doscovery, beginning to end, maybe your opinions should be kept to your self.

Ephesians 4:29-32, AMP
Let no foul or polluted language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or unworthless talk (ever) come out of your mouth, but only such (speech) as is good and beneficial to the spritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the ocassion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God ( do not offend or vex or sadden Him), by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God's own secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through Chirst from evil and the consequence of sin). Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will or baseness of any kind). And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tender hearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another (readily and freely), as God in Christ forgave you.

Let me finish by saying that I do NOT work for Discovery - I was told by a friend about this site. Simple as that. I hope that you can just take my post for what it is - a good exerience and not use your mouth as firestarter to cause any type of argument as there is no need for an arguement. It is what it is - pretty simple.
I am truly blessed by Discovery - Fred Lowder is an amzing man and has done so much for so many.

I think it's great that you are making people aware of cults and helping them find answers. In this day and age there are too many predators out there - Discovery is not one of them.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and consider my feelings when you decide to reply. I am not here to stir the pot - just wanted to share my amazing experience.

Blessings...

Date: June 16, 2009 02:46AM

bucknduck
Anyone know if the Austin affiliate is working. Nothing would be sweeter than to have a training ready and no one show!
The Austin group is running strong - they also just held mtgs in San Juan, Ca and looking to start up in Houston - there is astually a huge demand. You'd be surpirsed to hear how many people fly in from all over to come to Discovery.

Date: June 16, 2009 11:24PM

Luv- You sound like a fragile person with a sad heart. Just the type Discovery Cult preys on. I wish you and your hubby only the best but I fear that you aren't seeing Discovery Cult for what it is. Add up the money that your family have spent on the abusive classes. Wouldn't your hard earned money be better spent on some professional therapy to help you work through your childhood issues? It couldnt be productive to tell about your early sexual abuse in a public setting like that. They broke you down, made you cry, and told you that everything bad that has happened to you was your fault because you aren't in the Discovery frame of mind.

Why is it that almost every single person brainwashed by Discovery Cult has this type of trauma in their early life? Why are all the chairs so close together? Why cant you leave for fresh air or a bathroom break until given permission?
My belief is that there is an emptiness in some people and they are willing to fill it with anything they can. You mentioned your past and trying to fill the void with drugs, alcohol. ect. Take a step back and consider that theese people might be just another destructive filler you have added to your life. When the "high" wears off you will be left with a beautifully wrapped EMPTY BOX, a few hundred less in your account, and all the problems you came into this with.

I feel horrible when I think about another family being swindled by Gas Station Tycoon Fred Lowder's rhetoric. Take your family to church...They won't charge you anything for filing the void. God bless you and get the heck away from DISCOVERY CULT before they cause you more harm...and charge you for it!

Date: June 17, 2009 03:28AM

notmuch4games
Luv- You sound like a fragile person with a sad heart. Just the type Discovery Cult preys on. I wish you and your hubby only the best but I fear that you aren't seeing Discovery Cult for what it is. Add up the money that your family have spent on the abusive classes. Wouldn't your hard earned money be better spent on some professional therapy to help you work through your childhood issues? It couldnt be productive to tell about your early sexual abuse in a public setting like that. They broke you down, made you cry, and told you that everything bad that has happened to you was your fault because you aren't in the Discovery frame of mind.

Why is it that almost every single person brainwashed by Discovery Cult has this type of trauma in their early life? Why are all the chairs so close together? Why cant you leave for fresh air or a bathroom break until given permission?
My belief is that there is an emptiness in some people and they are willing to fill it with anything they can. You mentioned your past and trying to fill the void with drugs, alcohol. ect. Take a step back and consider that theese people might be just another destructive filler you have added to your life. When the "high" wears off you will be left with a beautifully wrapped EMPTY BOX, a few hundred less in your account, and all the problems you came into this with.

I feel horrible when I think about another family being swindled by Gas Station Tycoon Fred Lowder's rhetoric. Take your family to church...They won't charge you anything for filing the void. God bless you and get the heck away from DISCOVERY CULT before they cause you more harm...and charge you for it!

Wow - you are soo off base. I guess I should have posted more. I am FAR from fragile and I can't even begin to tell you how much money we have spent in the past on therapy. Discovery did NOT make me cry and tell me ANYTHING was my fault. Please show me where I said that because clearly you are putting things in my mouth. You are doing the brainwashing now. I did leave for a bathroom break when I needed one and no one stopped me. Comapred to what I spent over the years in therapy is NOTHING compared to what I spent at Discovery - thankfully we went on scholarships through D1 and D3. I am VERY active in our church - so I'm not quite sure you thew that out there.
Have you been through theprocess? All 3 steps? Youare so bitter and that is the sad part. You have so much anger towards something you have no control over and obviously you are letting it control way too much of your life. I feel like getting really ugly right now but what is thepoint - I will not lower myself to your level.

I hope that somehow your heart will soften - not towards Discovery but just in a general sense. You seem to be lost, hurt and very angry and are taking it out on something that actually haver 30 years of struggling - helped me.

I also want to say something in regards to the cost, cd's, etc. There is so much frundraising that goes on in order to provide scholarships for those who truly want to attend and cannot afford to attend. I was one of those people and I am thankful for those that donate. The cd's are burned, whooppieee. Ever gone to Itunes? They don't make anyone buy these - it is a choice. The money made from the sales of these cd's goes right back into scholarship funds.

I just really think all you nay sayers just need to be hands on educated before you judge ME or anyone sles that posts something positive about this program.

There will be the day that Fred Lowder will be judged and it will not be by you - you do not need to even begin to try and place yourself higher than God and that is exactly what you are doing. You may want to crack open your bible or go to church yourself.

I will pray for you and all of the other negative people on here. God bless.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 17, 2009 04:25AM

discoveryluv:

Attacking people personally here is against the rules, which you agreed to before posting.

Resulting to personal attacks typically means you have lost your argument.

The topic here is an LGAT called "Discovery," not personal attacks.

Date: June 17, 2009 04:46AM

so I did the attacking first? Wow, I apologize. I was simply defending myself. a persoanl attack would involve a specific name, correct? That's what makes it personal. If you read what was posted in response to my post - I was the one being attacked.

So with that being said - this "fprum" has run off another person who was willing to give their postivie opinion. It seems like all this forum wants is the bad stuff - to gang up and band together and you obviously have the right to do that.

It's truly a shame the "blinders" that are worn by many.

You all say that as soon a positive D person posts on here they disappear - gee, I wonder why! They get run off by the attacks.
So with that being said - I wish you all the best and I hope you get what you are looking for in this negative pit you have allowed to swallow you whole as opposed to getting out there and living life - giving back - and brining joy to the Lord who gave you life.

I am a hopeful and Godly woman whose mission is to mentor young abused woman, hope and happiness through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.