Current Page: 81 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 20, 2007 04:08AM

Hopeful Soul, I read some of your previous posts and I see you get your enrollment figures off their website. Sorry about the dumb question.

I'm still confused about the rest but since it wasn't addressed to me, I'll just mind my own business instead of jumping to conclusions.

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 20, 2007 09:33AM

damaged by association said:

quote:"...controlling, verbally and mentally (minimally) abusive courses."

When I worked with abused women it always alarmed me how frequently they MINIMIZED the abuse. Even some of my co-staff were in the habit of minimizing abuse. I learned very early on you can't say, "Well, her abuse was worse than mine"...abuse is abuse is abuse is abuse, it is not quantitavie or qualitative. It just IS, so while some peole might come out of their experiences financially poorer, but not emotionally and mentally devastated, this does not make the unethical practices of LGATs any less evil.

thanks for listening,
'shad'

IMPACT Trainings
Date: August 21, 2007 05:11AM

"The Shadow"
damaged by association said:

quote:"...controlling, verbally and mentally (minimally) abusive courses."

(and The Shadow said:) When I worked with abused women it always alarmed me how frequently they MINIMIZED the abuse. Even some of my co-staff were in the habit of minimizing abuse.

Hi Shadow,

What I meant was that Impact was, minimally, (as in [i:a7025a865a]at the very least[/i:a7025a865a]) verbally and mentally abusive...they were probably abusive in more ways than this, and I believe they really poured the abuse on.

I was just given a referral to a book on happiness, called Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert. Gilbert wrestles with questions like, "Why are lovers quicker to forgive their partners for infidelity than for leaving dirty dishes in the sink?". Perhaps he should have a new book that talks about why so many people are so willing to forgive or overlook all of the abuse that Impact dishes out when, if they really could see if from a different perspective, they would be outraged (like some of us are) for what Impact does to people, and where they plan on taking them if they can just keep sucking them into the "need" to do the next course.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:44AM

SaneAgain,

In response to your two posts on 8/19, there are no dumb questions. Thanks for the chance to elaborate and hopefully clarify. What I learned was in spite of, not because of Impact. The awful music was hard to swallow much less sing at the top of your voice. My church took a stand against LGAT methods in the 19th century. I quote “Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith” p. 137; “None but fools will trifle with the souls of men.”

The question you asked and your reference to Steven Hassan’s work took a little longer to deal with, since I once again had to get my hands on his, “Releasing the Bonds, Empowering People to Think for Themselves.” This was published in 2000, and I first dug into it many months ago when close loved ones were dabbling in Impact. Rather than quote any specific notions from the work, I just want to say that his understanding of cult beliefs and tactics and his definition of destructive mind control resonated with my experience with folks processed by Impact. This work allowed me to get a clear picture of the cultic nature of what Impact was doing. I personally feel that this book has much useful application in relating to the whole coercive, manipulative, deceptive, mind altering methods Impact uses. I recommend it as reading for anyone with a need to understand Impact Trainings, or any other LGAT.

Hopeful

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:07PM

Thanks Hopeful Soul, I'll try to get a copy of the book.

In the meantime what I'm still curious about is how you personally see the problems in Impact, other than the religious beliefs they teach. The reason I am struggling to understand is that I don't have a religion, so for example, if you talk about trifling with souls, my first thought, as a person not raised and educated in religion is: well, isn't that what all priests, ministers, church leaders etc do? I'm sure you could answer that well, and an obvious difference is that church leaders present themselves as soul-workers whereas Impact pretends to be non-religious. But what I'm more interested in is, what do you see as the cultic features of Impact, other than their religious teachings and trifling with souls?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:38PM

Sane, yes religious leaders may be \'soul-workers\' and there is no misleading from them that that is exactly what they are doing. Impact won\'t tell you that they are doing that. They WILL call themselves \'light workers\' but that may be exactly the same thing, as light comes from God and all the souls out there. So in this case a light worker IS a soul-worker.

Same Impact we-are-not-a-religion stuff. Sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, poops like a duck...

IMPACT Trainings
Date: August 24, 2007 02:54AM

Hi Army-of-me,
I agree with you with regard to the "bickering" ...and I think the reason this is happening is because of "misplaced anger"...I experienced this with my friend...I think on one level she knows she's "been had" , but on another level she has to "save face"...she is angry with Landmark, and maybe at herself, or her Dad, but it is safer for her to lash out at me. She has never been able to get angry at her dad, whereas she knows, because of my training I won't react or hurt her the way her dad does when he does not like what she is saying. But it is difficult, it is not fun when someone gets mad at you for no apparant reason, and it is difficult not to react, and not to be hurt by what they say.

'shad'

IMPACT Trainings
Date: August 24, 2007 02:57AM

HAH HAH HAH HAH , "poops like a duck", [chucklin' my fool head off], i like that ~passionate~, very funny!

'shad'

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters1 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 11:11AM

"The Shadow"
HAH HAH HAH HAH , "poops like a duck", [chucklin' my fool head off], i like that ~passionate~, very funny!

'shad'

Did the name IMPACT come from the ducks poop hitting the deck? Thus IMPACT...

OH MY...LOL :lol:

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: August 25, 2007 12:20AM

first time posting..

is there anywhere to report what has happened to a person while at impact?

Im really seeing what a mess is being created now.

yet, I'm still de-programming

Current Page: 81 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.