Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Beliefs
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:46AM

Oh, and I wanted to say --

Elena, you also are among my top three favorite writers and thinkers here on this board. There are many fine people posting here, but your articulate and meaningful insight really deserves to be collected into a book. I want to thank you for continuing to write here, this board is very important and you really are doing a service to the world by helping to clarify the issues being dealt with here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:51AM

I second your comments about Elena. I have saved some of her posts, as well as some of yours, vlinden. A collection of various posts in a book is a great idea :)

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:59AM

vlinden
Questions are good, though, right? Better to know you have some questions than to think you've got all the answers.

Yep! When I was in the lgat, I had ALL THE ANSWERS! What a delusion ----> lgat-induced insanity. Sick sick sick sick. I wrote this in another thread one time: after the lgat a friend commented that I was so different, it was as if aliens had gotten ahold of me. That should've been a warning flag for me that something was weird, but I thought it was great! I was, afterall, TRANSFORMED. cough, choke, puke

One thing I shun nowadays is anything that promises transformation, bliss, easy answers, fast solutions, and ANYTHING NEW AGEY. YUK.

Date: February 19, 2008 06:30AM

I think the faux truths knowns as "thought stopping cliches" are really the killer. I'm a writer, and when you write you have to edit out all cliches and write originally. I think we should edit these "thought stopping cliches" from the New Age world out of our heads and see if we can think without them. They've permeated the culture to such an extent that everyone is infected to some degree. I know there is more than one thread on this board that lists many of them. The jargon.

By the way, here's a great quote from Leonard Cohen that you might like:

Ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:31AM

vlinden
Well they're only blurred in your head, Vic-Luc, not mine.

Anyway, at the moment I just have a lot of time on my hands as I'm getting ready to leave the country I'm in, and this board has been very interesting to me. I honestly don't see the point of your attack.

I do see, however, that one of the most insightful people to ever write on this board, Nutrino, stopped posting here after having a run-in with you. You frustrated him so much he took his rather brilliant mind, packed up and left. It was a loss for this board.

I wasn't attacking anyone. And now you're blaming me for stuff. That's fine if it works for you.

I notice trolls here. It's particularly what I'm good at. What do I know? A shrink who works with particularly pathological clients can spot a liar a mile away, but this is all...pedestrian. FWIW, people have been PMing me asking if I smell a rat by now.

I have no comment.

Read my first three sentences.

Date: February 19, 2008 06:37AM

vlinden
And another thing, Senor Luc,

Let me be right up front and tell you that I don't appreciate your attack nor do I particularly need it in my life at the moment. Nor did I ask for your twisted psychological diagnosis (in fact, it reminds me Landmark's or Byron Katie's reversal of reality -- are you a disciple of hers??), so save that for your patients who pay you.

I just weathered -- continue to weather --one of the worst emotional storms of my life, pure heart break, and this board has been a life saver for me. I know just how important it is to read other people's experiences, which is why I offer mine here. Where the hell do you get off using the intensity of my emotions against me? What's the purpose of it? In other words -- that we can all understand here -- what's YOUR racket, buddy? What are you doing on this board? I saw how you tried to thwart Nutrino when he strayed into areas of consideration that made you nervous. What gives you the authority to try and control or manipulate the conversation here? Who is that helping?

You done pissed me off. If you don't like my posts, don't read them, and keep your diagnosis of my psyche to yourself. I'm no LGAT apologist and I'm not confused. I'm broken hearted and furious, and I'm writing it out to survive it.

I'm doing nothing you've accused me of, and ya know, listening to your inane accusations now, you might've done fine joining your bf in his New Age studies. You're having a rough time, AND NONE OF THIS IS MY DOING. To use the tech, you're doing a great job of trying to "make me wrong."

You might try counseling and leave your negative attitudes, wild acccusations, trolling, and assumptions at the door.

Date: February 19, 2008 06:40AM

Vic-Luc, I think you've learned a little too much about mind fucking from the LGATs. If you're accusing me of being a troll or a rat, or a liar, come out and say it like a man without all this bullshit, and then produce your evidence. No one has PMed me with anything other than respect and appreciation.

I don't have time for your mind games.

Date: February 19, 2008 06:43AM

You might try counseling and leave your negative attitudes, wild acccusations, trolling, and assumptions at the door.

There, you've accused me of trolling. At least you're starting to be honest now. Now tell me EXACTLY how I'm trolling, except for being offended by your attack on me which came out of nowhere and which has confused more people than just me.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:47AM

Here's a couple of ideas about how to build constructive beliefs.

Philosophy. Just pure old-fashioned Thinking about thinking, life, mind, self, everything! Grab a used Philosophy text-book for a few bucks, its great stuff.
[plato.stanford.edu]

Cognitive Science.

Cognitive Therapy. (this explores your beliefs, emotions, behaviors)

Psychology and Therapy (from legit sources)

Skepticism
[skepdic.com]

There are tested and sound ways for people to look at their Beliefs, and make them more accurate, thus more effective. We just have to keep far away from the LGAT scammers.

Date: February 19, 2008 06:49AM

vlinden

There, you've accused me of trolling. At least you're starting to be honest now. Now tell me EXACTLY how I'm trolling, except for being offended by your attack on me which came out of nowhere and which has confused more people than just me.

Yo, psycho! You and you ex got together for a reason! Perfect match! Stop slinging YOUR shit my way. I found some earlier statements confusing and said just that...EXACTLY what went down with Nutrino. HE WENT PSYCHO JUST LIKE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. AND LEFT.

WHICH IS WHAT I HOPE YOU DO. I THINK YOU'RE TROLLING FOR SYMPATHY AND WALLOWING IN IT, AND TROLLING FOR ARGUMENTS BY ACCUSING PEOPLE OF "ATTACKS."

GROW UP.

YOU GIVE MY FORMER CAREER A BAD NAME. YOU'RE NOT WRITING AN ARTICLE OR A BOOK, YOU'RE TROLLING FOR FIGHTS HERE NOW, FOR WHAT REASON I HAVE NO IDEA.

LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU COULD HAVE JUST SAID "VIC, I'M UNCLEAR TOO." INSTEAD YOU ACCUSED ME OF ATTACKING YOU AND BEGAN TROLLING FOR A FIGHT.

GO AWAY.

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.