Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Beliefs
Posted by: vlinden ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:50AM

Actually, I take it back, I don't need to ask you for evidence because I know well enough that there is none. I've never done one thing on this board that could be considered trolling. So I think the best thing is for me to ignore you now and continue to appreciate all the GOOD that this board has to offer. Your problems are not mine, and the last thing I need in my life right now is to deal with someone like you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:53AM

vlinden
Actually, I take it back, I don't need to ask you for evidence because I know well enough that there is none. I've never done one thing on this board that could be considered trolling. So I think the best thing is for me to ignore you now and continue to appreciate all the GOOD that this board has to offer. Your problems are not mine, and the last thing I need in my life right now is to deal with someone like you.

God, you are SUCH a drama TROLL! I bet you were in a wannabe hippy in college.

Date: February 19, 2008 07:02AM

Here's a couple of ideas about how to build constructive beliefs.

Philosophy. Just pure old-fashioned Thinking about thinking, life, mind, self, everything! Grab a used Philosophy text-book for a few bucks, its great stuff.
[plato.stanford.edu]

Cognitive Science.

Cognitive Therapy. (this explores your beliefs, emotions, behaviors)

Psychology and Therapy (from legit sources)

Skepticism
[skepdic.com]

There are tested and sound ways for people to look at their Beliefs, and make them more accurate, thus more effective. We just have to keep far away from the LGAT scammers.

Anti-cult,

You say psychology and therapy from legit sources. Which sources do you feel are legit? It's disturbing to read on this board how many people have gone to therapists only to discover they were preaching LGAT wisdom.

As for philosophy, I've been brushing up on my reading online. I never took philosophy in school so I'm trying to fill in my knowledge base now. I don't have access to an English library so the Internet is a wonderful resource.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:42AM

Vic-Luc

Whoa! This, from someone who asks to be left alone and who opines that the *other* person is trolling for a fight?

Hmmm.

Odd.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:42AM

As far as Therapy, clearly people have to go to REGISTERED and ACCREDITED therapists, best from a referral from a trusted sourse. Also, to use critical thinking in the process as well.

Here is a link about how to find a Cognitive Therapist, but there are other forms of therapy.
Notice they have a link about using CAUTION.
[www.mindovermood.com]

I agree with some others who say that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is helpful.

I think REAL Philosophy is a great thing to explore. I say REAL, as real philosphy is not under some Guru who calls it Philosophy! There is a pseudo-cult that say they teach "Philosophy" but they don't.

Any good Philosophy 101 textbook for University might be good.
Or start with an interest...Mind, Free Will, God, Self, Being, Consciousness.
All of the areas that New Age and Cults exploit and pervert are covered!

OPEN DIRECTORY
[www.dmoz.org]
[dir.yahoo.com]
I hate to link to Wikipedia, but this entry has some decent links in it.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Of course, learning Critical Thinking is the most important thing, as then you know HOW to sort the bullshit from the horseshit from the legit! But there are lots of ways to work at improving one's beliefs and life, without the crazy LGAT's and cults, and rip-offs.

One can use Philosophy to explore "Meaning".
And Science to figure out what is true or not.
And current tested psychology for Self-Help.
[www.beckinstitute.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 07:46AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:53AM

By the way, the excellent and simple workbook MIND OVER MOOD has specific worksheets to deal with modifying your own Beliefs, and making them more flexible, accurate and reasonable.
[www.amazon.com]

Date: February 19, 2008 08:03AM

The Anticult

I agree with some others who say that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is helpful.

It has more utility and efficacy than medication, and it takes work. That's where I lose people. They don't want to do the work.

Date: February 19, 2008 08:07AM

skeptic
Vic-Luc

Whoa! This, from someone who asks to be left alone and who opines that the *other* person is trolling for a fight?

Hmmm.

Odd.

I asked a question and she went on a tirade. But whatever reality works for you, man. I have feelings too and I don't like being singled out as "attacking" someone when I ask a question for clarification's sake.

I've read all the research concerning the types of people who are liekely to do the Forum. I phrased the question as a possible instrospective one.

If that's an attack, then this is just a board with people agreeing with each other, and no critial thinking is happening.

Which looks great from the standpoint of an lgat apologist reading here.

There's no way I ran Nutrino off.

Date: February 19, 2008 08:15AM

Vic-Luc:It has more utility and efficacy than medication, and it takes work. That's where I lose people. They don't want to do the work.

Oh, I just can't help myself. I have to ask . . .

You say you're a therapist? A cognitive behavioral therapist? Do your posts about me, and in response to me, reflect the methodology you use with your clients? Perhaps there's another reason you "lose people."

Here, let's review: After inferring in a very vague way that I may be a troll, or that there is something suspect in my posts that leads you to believe I would be attracted to Landmark (and what, therefore I am in Landmark now? or what? who knows, it's totally illogical), this is your response to my upset:

Yo, psycho! You and you ex got together for a reason! Perfect match! Stop slinging YOUR shit my way. I found some earlier statements confusing and said just that...EXACTLY what went down with Nutrino. HE WENT PSYCHO JUST LIKE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. AND LEFT.

WHICH IS WHAT I HOPE YOU DO. I THINK YOU'RE TROLLING FOR SYMPATHY AND WALLOWING IN IT, AND TROLLING FOR ARGUMENTS BY ACCUSING PEOPLE OF "ATTACKS."

GROW UP.

YOU GIVE MY FORMER CAREER A BAD NAME. YOU'RE NOT WRITING AN ARTICLE OR A BOOK, YOU'RE TROLLING FOR FIGHTS HERE NOW, FOR WHAT REASON I HAVE NO IDEA.

LEAVE ME ALONE. YOU COULD HAVE JUST SAID "VIC, I'M UNCLEAR TOO." INSTEAD YOU ACCUSED ME OF ATTACKING YOU AND BEGAN TROLLING FOR A FIGHT.

GO AWAY.

So . . . um . . . I don't know, maybe I'm just out of the "therapy" loop myself, but this just doesn't seem to reflect the kind of steady, considered response one would expect from a trained professional.

And you're wrong, I am writing an article, but I am not writing to you personally about it anymore because I didn't find your responses to me helpful, but instead very paranoid and illogical.

It's hard to keep the "professional therapist" role looking legit here if you're screaming and ranting like a child at other posters. Just a heads up.

Date: February 19, 2008 08:19AM

Vic Luc: I asked a question and she went on a tirade.

No, you didn't ask a question. You made an inference that could have many negative assumptions attached to it, considering what this board is about, and how many trolls are indeed here. Then you went on to infer that people were PMing you about me, asking if you smell "a rat."

I smell a rat, and it ain't me.

If you were actually a trained therapist dealing with psychotic patients, my "tirade" as such would never provoke you to the screaming rant you unleashed.

Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.