Current Page: 74 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: Margie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:47AM

ginah,

Good to read that your family and things in your life are doing better.

I did read the post about the Houston group and was suprised.

Now, to read that even months later they are asking your family for such large donations... is shocking to me.

This all seems to become more and more mind-boggleing and I am only trying to READ it, not live it for a whole weekend or through follow up I-groups!

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:17PM

fireopal:

I have not expressed any opinion regarding Jung.

This thread is about Mankind Project.

The issue is that LGATs by design and dynamics hurt people.

It's not the people, it's the program, which is the issue here.

Yes, let's not "obfuscate" that focus.

Mankind project
Posted by: erin3246 ()
Date: June 05, 2007 03:23AM

I noticed there was some commenting about the Houston community requesting money.... I don't feel like reading every inch of the post to find those comments...not enough time... Could anyone direct me to which page they were on? I'm curious to know more, my husband use to be a member of that community...

Mankind project
Posted by: IMASurvivor ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:53AM

My son recently came back from a MKP retreat with a raving review of how much it helped him deal with some issues that he has struggled with for years. I have met and know many of the leaders (brothers) of the particular one in our community. I can't speak for other groups, but as for this one it has done nothing but good for my son.

Mankind project
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: June 14, 2007 08:25AM

Hi all, I see the post has been quiet for a while.

So my wife (still in WWI but having a few questions), and I have a night set aside now where we turn off every electronic device, don't answer the phone etc and just talk. She still insists every problem in the marriage is caused by my issues etc. And believe me I have a few of them, but will not take sole responsibility for all of our problems. Anyway I got hinking about it, and noticed that the times when she has seemed the most approachable and our troubles got better were when she had missed an e-group meeting. And the usual "issues" came up after her next meeting. Has anyone else noticed this?

The group supposedly breaks up for the summer in April, but they had their "final" meeting last sunday and a BBQ next weekend, and some get togethers etc.

I finally gave in and took the weekend, but purposely got in their faces etc. I took some non-drowsy sinus pills about a minute before I got there, (I was purposely 1/2 hr late) and every time they tried a hypno session I sang an AC/DC song in my head. Needless to say the weekend was a joke. My personal favorite is after lights out at about 02:00, the "men" took turns slamming doors, whispering things in peoples ears after they went to sleep, turning the heat in the room to max etc. I went out of my way to be confrontational etc.

Pretty much every thing that is written here about cock talk, the naked fire dance etc is 100% true.

When I got home, my wife was waiting at the door all smiles. First thing she askes is "so, what did you think?" I told her the truth. She was quite nice about it and said I probably was doing well enough on my own because of my therapy etc. I was happy to hear this, so thinking things were okay, I went to the graduation ceremony. It's 10 minutes of the grads talking and 2-1/2 hours of the memebers trying to sell the other family members. I was not impressed. then my wife gets up and stands in front of the group and tells everyone how miserable I was before the weekend and how it's helped to get her husband back. My jaw hit the floor. Next outside, her father is running off at the mouth about how come I didn't leave (because I made a promise to go) etc. My wife pipes up that if I had come home early she would have changed the locks. That was it, I was so mad I left.

I can't believe how much of their own drivel these people believe.

Anyway the long and short of it is, taking the wekend actually set our marriage back to worse than it was.

Thanks Mankind project!

Mankind project
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:29AM

This does not sound good. Have things improved yet? At least she can't say anymore that you have to experience to know what its about. Well done on going through it and not getting yourself brainwashed. ACDC, ok.

Can you tell us anything else about what happens there and what they teach? Did they do any anger exercises? How did they react to you being confrontational?

Thanks for the update.

Mankind project
Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: July 01, 2007 12:00AM

First I want to say thank you for coming here and posting on this cult. I stumbled onto them when I saw an ad for them in an otherwise progressive monthly mag. When I saw the word "initiation" it concerned me there was something wrong with the warm, fuzzy feeling of men sharing.

When I first googled MKP, in April, I was even more alarmed. Their webpage (which they have since changed to be even less open) had pictures of the officers of the group. It struck me immediately that there were NO NAMES of these people. No phone numbers to contact them. Nothing. That caused even more concern.

As I read the web pages, they described their weekends as male enrichment that would "lead a man away from his mother's feminine energy"...to a more "masculine energy"....mmmkay.

I am writing a guest blog for a popular blog (I won't post it here because of the MKP lurkers--if you wish to know, PM me--I can't PM anyone yet until I have my ten posts in, but will as soon as able.) This blog gets national attention (The Nation magazine, for one), and I hope to shine a light on the cockroaches.

I would like permission from you especially, Ginah, and NotOneOfThem, to use your posts in the blog. I'll need to back up what I say with evidence, and I can think of none better than those who've "been there". I'll not identify you or where I got the quotes.

Please let me know if this is okay.

Mankind project
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:50PM

elena
You may well have had defects, problems, shortcomings, and/or flaws that demanded treatment but, dollars to donuts, MKP, and all the other similar groups, substituted a far worse set than the ones you arrived with.

Yep! Well said. Very true.

Mankind project
Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: July 02, 2007 08:55PM

Ginah,

I received your PM. I can't reply back as yet because of the rule.

Thanks,
MM

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 02, 2007 09:09PM

You may not post email addresses on the board.

You can enable email on your personal profile or wait until you have 10 approved posts to use the private messaging system.

Current Page: 74 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.